Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutrient burn?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Nutrient burn?

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:40 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:04 pm

i measure in PPM dude not EC
so my base water is 22PPM
combined PPM once nutes mixed in is 473PPM

Here's my pen (if im allowed to post links, if not SORRY ADMINS):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... UTF8&psc=1
Yes i still think they looking hungry and your underfeeding.

Basically get NPK of base ferts from back of your bottle. How many ml per liter of your base ferts are you giving roughly ?

Check run off ppm doing that will give me a rough idea how much ferts your medium is holding. Doing that you`ll soon get to bottom of whether its underfeeding or overfeeding
Thanks Man

Fed with .5ml per litre of base ferts

do you know if i can give them more water to perform the run off? or shall i wait until theyre dry enough?
If your 3 weeks in now and plants a fair old size with plenty of roots, well im convinced the ferts that were already in the medium have become depleted which is why your seeing underferting symptoms and 0.5ml a liter of base ferts is way underfeeding, tbh i can`t see why feeding that miniscule amount of ferts you would think over ferting. Plain and simple fix is up fert nothing else needs doing. But 0.5 ml a liter of ferts is what you give a seedling.

Out of interest what other ferts do you have i see you mentioned coco ferts ? Iff you have any A&B coco ferts i`d be trying those around 1.5ml perliter of both A & B. But thats your problem mate your underfeeding and im more convinced than i was when i first saw your plant pictures in your first post now after what you`ve just told me. They have everything in for a plants needs and coco is a calcium and magnesium hog the coco ferts should have extra in.

Wait till next feeds check run off and check first bits out. Dont check it in run off tray cus that`s prolly full of old salts too. Checking run off mind you is only a guide and not a very accurate guide at that as to what your medium is saying.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
grownnotflown420 (Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:16 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:13 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:40 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Yes i still think they looking hungry and your underfeeding.

Basically get NPK of base ferts from back of your bottle. How many ml per liter of your base ferts are you giving roughly ?

Check run off ppm doing that will give me a rough idea how much ferts your medium is holding. Doing that you`ll soon get to bottom of whether its underfeeding or overfeeding
Thanks Man

Fed with .5ml per litre of base ferts

do you know if i can give them more water to perform the run off? or shall i wait until theyre dry enough?
If your 3 weeks in now and plants a fair old size with plenty of roots, well im convinced the ferts that were already in the medium have become depleted which is why your seeing underferting symptoms and 0.5ml a liter of base ferts is way underfeeding, tbh i can`t see wghy feeding that amount you would think over ferting. Pklain and simple fix is up fert nothing else needs doing.

Out of interest what other ferts do you have i see you mentioned coco ferts ? Iff you have any A&B coco ferts i`d be trying those around 1.5ml perliter of both A & B. Bujt thats your problem mate your underfeeding and im more convinced than i was when i first saw youir plant pictures now after what you`ve just told me. They have everything in for a plants needs and coco is a calcium and magnesium hog the coco ferts should have extra in.

Wait till next feeds check run off and check first bits out. Dont check it in run off tray cus that`s prolly full of old salts too. Checking run off mind you is only a guide and not a very accurate guide at that as to what your medium is saying.
yea man I can JUST see the roots through the holes in the bottom of the pot so plenty of roots

heres the ferts website bro
https://www.indicanutrients.com

The mesiah is what im currently using
but i have the temple A&B for coco
I have all their additives too

ok, so, plan of action moving forward (if you wouldnt mind reviewing for me please?)
install heater to up temps to around 26-28
install diffuser to increase RH
I plan on sticking with the soil nutes not changing to the coco nutes as i supplement cal mag anyway
up feeding to 1.5ml per liter on next feed and check run off in CLEAN drip tray (I change the trays every feed anyway)
1ml calmag per litre sound ok?

anything else i need to be doing?
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Iff your sticking with soil ferts then cool to use calmag but defo up base ferts. Remember if you`ve been feeding to run off the ferts in your medium will soon become depleted as they are washed away and plant will also be using them too. As for using using soil ferts with that medium im not too sure, hydro/coco ferts have alot more in than soil ferts for plants needs (different ratios and such like). But yes stick with them see how it goes its not a biggi but deffo they need more than 0.5ml. Keep eye on them and you`ll know iff they burning in future it looks a more fried golden brown look to it.

No need for additives tbh if you`d have used summink like Canna AnB for coco ferts you wouldn`t have need for calmag either so kinda a con for getting £ out of your pocket in my world. Yes i know its 60/40 coco/peat mix as well.

Not sure about rh ive never adjusted anything like that in my life i just leave it at what it is but temps around 26 to 28 should be sound yes.

Oh yes and i bet its a cheapo Chinese ppm pen yes ?
grownnotflown420 (Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:53 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:11 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Pics:

She's eating herself cause she's hungry. :oik!:

A balanced feed and let the earth spin round a few times, will sort her out.

PS - bin your soil ferts, use the coco A+B.

Fuck knows why they mix coco and peat/mud. :idn:
Yes agree on lot of that post mate. One thing i was told years back when i switched to coco is mixing it with soil sends the medium acidic over time, im not sure how that works with peat but yes just summink i remember a guy called Feral explaining to me donks back.

But tis what i`d do myself drop soil base ferts and switch to coco specific ferts then he could lower calmag to1/2ml a liter and prolly drop it in a few weeks once shits looking good all nice n green again
Marcus (Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:39 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:55 pm
Iff your sticking with soil ferts then cool to use calmag but defo up base ferts. Remember if you`ve been feeding to run off the ferts in your medium will soon become depleted as they are washed away and plant will also be using them too. As for using using soil ferts with that medium im not too sure, hydro/coco ferts have alot more in than soil ferts for plants needs (different ratios and such like). But yes stick with them see how it goes its not a biggi but deffo they need more than 0.5ml. Keep eye on them and you`ll know iff they burning in future it looks a more fried golden brown look to it.

No need for additives tbh if you`d have used summink like Canna AnB for coco ferts you wouldn`t have need for calmag either so kinda a con for getting £ out of your pocket in my world. Yes i know its 60/40 coco/peat mix as well.

Not sure about rh ive never adjusted anything like that in my life i just leave it at what it is but temps around 26 to 28 should be sound yes.

I posted the link to the pen further up, it was a cheapo one yes.
I've ordered a milwaukee one which should be here Monday

It's not a con seems I got them free 😜 only reason I'm adament on sticking with the soil nutes is to test them out

I'm gonna up base ferts as suggested man thanks 👍👍
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:04 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

It's not a con seems I got them free 😜 only reason I'm adament on sticking with the soil nutes is to test them out

I`m not convinced on soil ferts but stick with upping them for sure.

Maybe just go with coco as a medium next grow or coco/perlite.
grownnotflown420 (Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:12 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:07 pm
grownnotflown420 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

I`m not convinced on soil ferts but stick with upping them for sure.

Maybe just go with coco as a medium next grow or coco/perlite.
I get it bro, it's not that I'm ignoring your advice, I'm just very specifically testing these nutes for the company, if I run them and they're no good for this medium, then that's worth knowing for the nute company.
My medium for next run (where I'll be testing the other range from the same company) is ecothrive 70/30 coco to perlite

I appreciate your help dude 👍👍👍

grownnotflown420

Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:20 pm
Wow, https://www.indicanutrients.com/product/the-messiah/

They make a lot of bold claims there.

Sorry man, but with the medium and these nutes I really think you;re gonna be pissing in the wind.

Just gonna have to read the plant and see how she handles them.

:idn:

She still looks overwatered and underfed to me this morning. :idn:
They may well make a lot of claims bro, I got asked to trial them, for free, so nothing to lose. The guys at indica have hooked me up with ALOT of freebies so least I can do is actually run them

We'll see how it goes, the messiah you linked is what I'm using bro, it does say it can be used in either soil or coco tbf but I know I'll have to supplement calmag
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:59 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:

Sorry man, but with the medium and these nutes I really think you;re gonna be pissing in the wind.

They all make bold claims those dirty rascals trying to get our £/$ Advanced is number 1 at that

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:24 pm
Marcus wrote:

They may well make a lot of claims bro, I got asked to trial them, for free, so nothing to lose. The guys at indica have hooked me up with ALOT of freebies so least I can do is actually run them

We'll see how it goes, the messiah you linked is what I'm using bro, it does say it can be used in either soil or coco tbf but I know I'll have to supplement calmag
You could tell guys at Indica ferts you`ve switched to coco ferts cus the soil ferts are wank in my current medium :lol: Seriously though if you do stick with dirt ferts then use calmag like your saying. 8-)
Marcus (Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:16 pm)

grownnotflown420

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:04 pm
Marcus wrote:

They all make bold claims those dirty rascals trying to get our £/$ Advanced is number 1 at that

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:24 pm
Marcus wrote:

You could tell guys at Indica ferts you`ve switched to coco ferts cus the soil ferts are wank in my current medium :lol: Seriously though if you do stick with dirt ferts then use calmag like your saying. 8-)
Yea you're right I guess lol! I'll see what happens next feed the take it from there

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”