Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutrient burn?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
wutang
Known User

Re: Nutrient burn?

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:01 pm
Tbh those brown looking shitty bits on leafage in last pictures is prolly calcium deficiency which tends to happen most around 3,4 and 5 weeks into 12/12. I think its caused when plants are stretching like mad first 3 to 4 weeks of 12/12 and when they are at their hungriest needing lots of calcium to stretch and grow like good ens, but peep's don`t seem to up ferts at this time for 4 or 5 weeks and then drop it back down .

But yes calcium def i found is shit hard to get right once it goes tits up, it just gets worse and worse and come chop plants usually look like shit. You`ll still get a harvest and decent smoke is what I've found in times gone by when ive had it myself, but it does effect yield a wee bit obviously. Don`t sweat about it too much though and if your doing ph`ing thing in dirt then maybe look at setting ph for fastist uptake of calcium, i know plenty don't ph soil grows. Just google ph charts for weed growing, theirs loads in google pics @grownnotflown420 .
Thanks for this brother. I think I had the same issue here but not a major cal def..I also think I locked stuff out as my root zone was too cold (i.e. having the passive intake with freezing air coming in). I managed to get it back under control and I think it was by raising my root temps. I was almost going to buy some calmag.

Im in soil too and I've stuck to a ph of 6.2 throughout and calibrated once. Using only biobizz grow and bloom with lightmix and a bit of allmix i had left over. The essentials ph meter is always bang on and only out usually by about .1

Always learning to better next time.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:42 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

You should see improvment in colour of your plants pretty sharpish doing this and nothing getting worse, were talking within 3 to 5 days colour of leafage starting to green up if they haven`t gone too far and yellow to recover thatr colour. Keep eye omn newer growth though for greeness and keep eye on plants as whole cus it can go south doing this fast if it starts to do so. Let pots dry out quite a bit but not fully, so roots come round a bit and wanna tajke up ferts, but give it 4, 5 or 6 days before next feed of around 1.4ec base ferts. Keep us filled in how your getting along with this @grownnotflown420

If plants start looking even worse in so doing this, well dont blame me im outa here, blame Wutang now he`s in thread why not hey :lol: . But yes stop spraying if plants look like they`re getting much worse, which i would think is gonna be lots of burnt as shit leafage if it was gonna go south fast, but don`t worry about it happening to a bit of leafage. That said ive never had this happen and only seen plants get better from doing this, the only difference being is i used higher EC`s on smaller plants in veg. But im being slightly cautious here with your foliar fert strengths, maybe a bit over cautious, but its in my head i dont wan`t you over doing things when your not too clued up as to what your looking at, if that makes sense :oik!:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Ive never used organic bottled ferts but i can`t see why you shouldn`t be able to do this, you`d prolly need to add others additives from the recipe to help with uptake by plants more so cus of organic vibe, unlike if using synthetic ferts its more of an Instant thing, plants can take those up or in ASAP you do it in theory @wutang 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:09 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:57 pm
You should see improvment in colour of your plants pretty sharpish doing this and nothing getting worse, were talking within 3 to 5 days colour of leafage starting to green up if they haven`t gone too far and yellow to recover thatr colour. Keep eye omn newer growth though for greeness and keep eye on plants as whole cus it can go south doing this fast if it starts to do so. Let pots dry out quite a bit but not fully, so roots come round a bit and wanna tajke up ferts, but give it 4, 5 or 6 days before next feed of around 1.4ec base ferts. Keep us filled in how your getting along with this @grownnotflown420

If plants start looking even worse in so doing this, well dont blame me im outa here, blame Wutang now he`s in thread why not hey :lol: . But yes stop spraying if plants look like they`re getting much worse, which i would think is gonna be lots of burnt as shit leafage if it was gonna go south fast, but don`t worry about it happening to a bit of leafage. That said ive never had this happen and only seen plants get better from doing this, the only difference being is i used higher EC`s on smaller plants in veg. But im being slightly cautious here with your foliar fert strengths, maybe a bit over cautious, but its in my head i dont wan`t you over doing things when your not too clued up as to what your looking at, if that makes sense :oik!:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Ive never used organic bottled ferts but i can`t see why you shouldn`t be able to do this, you`d prolly need to add others additives from the recipe to help with uptake by plants more so cus of organic vibe, unlike if using synthetic ferts its more of an Instant thing, plants can take those up or in ASAP you do it in theory @wutang 8-)
Appreciate it man, I think I'm gonna chop tonight tbh, I noticed last night Alot of gnats have appeared and I need them out the room before they fuck with my other babies.

Custom built rdwc system going in next, I'm much more comfortable with hydro setups than soil. That being said I'm not giving up on soil, just running soil in my smaller grow space.

Thanks again for all your help man, really really appreciate it
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post (total 2):
wutang (Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:49 am) • 2-Scoops (Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:31 pm)
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”