Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Locked out or just hungry?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Tictok
Known User

Locked out or just hungry?

Post by Tictok »

Hey GR420

First grow challenges...

So my sunset sherb and RQS NL were previously showing dark green full of nitrogen leaves 4 weeks into flower, happy days.

Then they started showing signs of nute burn at the tips and the advice was to feed water only for a couple of waters, then half or quarter strength nutes (guano kalong bloom currently, they had the second top dress of guano 1.5weeks into flower).

So one week later and the Northern Lights are getting very pale leaves.

I fucked up because my oscillating fan broke so I had to stick a fixed fan in as a temporary measure. It was blowing directly on the plant that started to pale first, so I thought it was just a bit of wind burn. New fan in place and I realised it was getting worse but prob left it a bit late. The other NL is just starting to show similar signs.

I've now fed the worst one but the other NL is not going to need water for a bit so cannot feed that.

The Sherb is just cracking on:

I've dimmed the light a little as thought it might be light burn, but there's no canoeing of leaves.

Any thoughts? Have I locked out nutrients or is it just hungry after having a week off the nutes?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Chrs
Tictok

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Locked out or just hungry?

Post by GMO »

this is gonna go against alot of what we say here

Calmag mate. we dont often suggest it as its very rarely the sole issue going on. ill jump into your diary and take a little look back through tho
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

are you using coco coir and bio bizz nutes?

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

GMO wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:08 pm
this is gonna go against alot of what we say here

Calmag mate. we dont often suggest it as its very rarely the sole issue going on. ill jump into your diary and take a little look back through tho
Thanks GMO, can you suggest what I need to add it in? Is it Epsom salts? I can pick that up easily.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

GMO wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm
are you using coco coir and bio bizz nutes?
Replied to your comment in the diary, it's Clover compost and Guano Kalong nutes.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

lets take this to your diary buddy :D

Sique

Post by Sique »

This is a potassium deficiency in the early stages, shes hungry start 3/4ths of what you were feeding her and go from there. I'd turn the lights back up as well :) I wouldn't worry too much about the tip burn, just cut back a tad on the nutes and youll fix that issue. Calmag usually has brown splotches correlating with the yellowing of leaves, why I don't think its that and I know this cause I just locked out CalMag on my grow journal due to rootbound for too long which leads to nutrient deficiencies. Was trying something new and it was working out great but wasn't expecting such good results which ended in issues unfortunately. Wish you the best bud!

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”