Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Early sign of a problem?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Early sign of a problem?

Post by Josh »

Hey everyone

This autoflower is about 1.5 weeks into the stretch, looking like she's going to focus on buds soon

Ever since showing pistils it's had this weird color of green to the leaves, almost a crimson. Looking at it one way appears fine, move my head a bit and it seems to have light green in there??

It's in a base mix of perlite, organic soil and worm castings (all even parts)

I top dressed with a tiny bit of kelp and gypsum right before flower to help with preventing issues. Also had a couple compost teas since planting. Temps are good, she's drinking plenty of water, great drainage, root zone isn't cold

Am I over reacting you think? She looks pretty good I'm just not experienced with full blown organics, I know it takes a bit to correct deficiencies

Thanks guys

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Early sign of a problem?

Post by seymore_budz »

You got a photo?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:You got a photo?
They should be posted buddy

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Now im looking i think early Mag def which usually shows up around 3 to 4 weeks of 12/12. If they aren't too far into bloom and without flowers a good spray epsom salts should slow it down, dissolve 1 teaspoon per litre and a few drops of washing up liquid, give a good shake and spray leafage paying more attention to undersides of leafs, the washing up liquid just acts as an emulsifier and also helps the mix sticks around a bit longer on leaves, leave out the washing up liquid if plants have buds. Do that early at lights on an once before lights out over a few days should stop/slow its progression down. Pretty hard to overdo the ES treatment

You may even be underfeeding i don`t know how much your feeding so not sure but it could be summink simple as upping your ferts, remember plants are well hungry for 4 or 5 weeks after flipping and summink i don't see peeps do is up their ferts then to accommodate the stretch.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

That's magnesium deficiency buddy. You need some dolomite lime. It's cheap on ebay or from garden centres. Or use Epsom salts and spray it although it leave a bit of a mess on the leaf so I'm told? Epsom salts will work faster but the dolomite you can top dress the soil and water it in. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dolomite-Lime- ... B00KGW2LJK

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:That's magnesium deficiency buddy. You need some dolomite lime. It's cheap on ebay or from garden centers. Or use Epsom salts and spray it although it leave a bit of a mess on the leaf so I'm told? Epsom salts will work faster but the dolomite you can top dress the soil and water it in. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dolomite-Lime- ... B00KGW2LJK
I have neem cake, kelp meal, crustacean meal, oyster shell flour and worm castings on hand. I also have an "organic" cal mag from general organics as a backup to add to the water just in case
Will any of those amendments work as a top dress to help the mag deficiency?
I'm super super broke at the moment so I'd like to use what I have if possible.
My other grow is fully amended but this one I decided to try and get by with just teas and top dressing, paying the price now I suppose

I do have epsom salts too, I'll foliar tonight like you guys already recommended, thanks so far
I appreciate the help

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

jimmi2scoops wrote:Now im looking i think early mag def which usually shows up around 3 to 4 weeks of 12/12. If they are`nt too far into bloom and without flowers a good spray epsom salts should slow it down, dissolve 1 teaspoon per liter and a few drops of washing up liquid, give a good shake and spray leafage paying more attention to undersides of leafs, the washing up liquid just acts as an emulsifier and also helps the mix sticks around a bit longer on leaves, leave out the washing up liquid if plants have buds. Do that early at lights on an once before lights out over a few days should stop/slow its progression down. Pretty hard to overdo the ES treatment

You may even be uinderfeeding i don`t know how much your feeding so not sure but it could be summink simple as upping your ferts, remember plants are well hungry for 4 or 5 weeks after flipping and summink i dont see peeps do is up their ferts then to accomadate the stretch.
Thanks jimmi I'll make sure to start the foliar tonight no buds yet just a few pistils

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

integrajosh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm
grumpygrower wrote:That's magnesium deficiency buddy. You need some dolomite lime. It's cheap on ebay or from garden centers. Or use Epsom salts and spray it although it leave a bit of a mess on the leaf so I'm told? Epsom salts will work faster but the dolomite you can top dress the soil and water it in. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dolomite-Lime- ... B00KGW2LJK
I have neem cake, kelp meal, crustacean meal, oyster shell flour and worm castings on hand. I also have an "organic" cal mag from general organics as a backup to add to the water just in case
My other grow is fully amended but this one I decided to try and get by with just teas and top dressing, paying the price now I suppose

I do have epsom salts too, I'll foliar tonight like you guys already recommended, thanks so far
I appreciate the help

If you have epsom salts just use them. It's the quickest way to feed them a little Mg. Th e GO CaMg+ also sounds good. I'd spray them with the epsom salts and see how they react. If there is an improvement then add a little CaMg+. Reading up an CoMg+ it looks like it's derived from oyster shells and dolomite lime. I've just read there's a little N so I'd be careful it didn't throw your soil out of balance. Also, like Jimmy said, make sure you're giving them enough food too. Sometimes these issues can be due to you not feeding enough. Good luck buddy.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Found some info on oyster shell flour, apparently it is used in place of dolomite lime in some mixes. Says 1 cup per cubic foot as a top dress.
I'll add 2/3 of a cup, water it in, and spray with epsom just before lights on

Thanks again for the quick diagnosis guys you're awesome

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm

I appreciate the help

If you have epsom salts just use them. It's the quickest way to feed them a little Mg. Th e GO CaMg+ also sounds good. I'd spray them with the epsom salts and see how they react. If there is an improvement then add a little CaMg+. Reading up an CoMg+ it looks like it's derived from oyster shells and dolomite lime. I've just read there's a little N so I'd be careful it didn't throw your soil out of balance. Also, like Jimmy said, make sure you're giving them enough food too. Sometimes these issues can be due to you not feeding enough. Good luck buddy.
Thank you buddy, will do

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”