Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

When/ how to make the decision to flip

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
HippyDi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

When/ how to make the decision to flip

Post by HippyDi »

Hi all:)
How do you determine if she is ready to be flipped into flower. I've read plenty on height and age but nothing seems definate.

Growing a hybrid supposed to be sativa dominant 70%/ 30% but she is rather short and bushy. So height doesn't mean anything to her. Grow space is 2m high minus light and table, so I have about +1m to play with. Roots are well developed. Shes on day 50 from seed today.
Doing LST which doesn't help her shortness.
Strain: lemon kush headband
Hydroponic ebb and flow

Any opinions?:)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: When/ how to make the decision to flip

Post by GMO »

It's a very subjective question imho

It all depends the aim and the time frame. Basically when your happy, pull the trigger. Generally a scrog net is suggested to be 75% full to allow training through stretch to completely fill a space.

But is completely filling a space best practice?

It's all very subjective and down to personal preference. I would say tho, a mature plant usually starts producing pre flowers at the branches and that's usually a queue that the plants old enough and prepared to flower. That doesnt mean you have to wait till then or that you have to flip once these appear. It's just a good guide that the plants mature and happy to go into flower. If you want to flip before or continue to veg for longer is completely up to the grower, in my opinion atleast

Sorry if that's not the easiest answer but it's really up to you chick

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

GMO wrote:It's a very subjective question imho

It all depends the aim and the time frame. Basically when your happy, pull the trigger. Generally a scrog net is suggested to be 75% full to allow training through stretch to completely fill a space.

But is completely filling a space best practice?

It's all very subjective and down to personal preference. I would say tho, a mature plant usually starts producing pre flowers at the branches and that's usually a queue that the plants old enough and prepared to flower. That doesnt mean you have to wait till then or that you have to flip once these appear. It's just a good guide that the plants mature and happy to go into flower. If you want to flip before or continue to veg for longer is completely up to the grower, in my opinion atleast

Sorry if that's not the easiest answer but it's really up to you chick

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle
Lol thank you, as you can tell I'm nervous... So was hoping for someone to make the decision for me... ok will wait it out to 60 days and see from there. Really appreciate all your help:)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

HippyDi wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:18 am
So was hoping for someone to make the decision for me...
really up to you

your-disco-needs-you-2472-180#p78441 <<< was vegged for about 5 weeks from roots

daylight-come-and-i-want-ao-agent-orang ... 160#p78738 <<<< was vegged for over 18 weeks from seed

its much easier to judge with a strain you know in a environment you know also. but if your jars are nearly empty then ya still got 70 ish days from flip to chop.... 70 days can be a long time to wait with empty jars :lol: so its all gotta be weighed up. its not going to end the world flipping early to fit your needs but if your stocked a longer veg will usually yield better ;)

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Lol thank you for the perspective. Yeah... I have about 60g left from the last harvest.... About 6 or so weeks worth for the other half and I. Hmmm... Let me ponder on this. Thanks

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”