Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Springflies

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
wutang
Known User

Re: Springflies

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:56 pm
wutang wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 am
2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:09 am

Yes fairy Wu mate, its all i use as an emulsifier in anything that needs it like foliar spraying as well. 8-)
I'll save myself another tenner then buying their own pink sun gentle soap.emulsifier. you can tell I have zero idea about science
If you mix a 10 litre bucket up up go with a few drops of fairy per litre and neem sweet.

Another point is if you ever do foliar spray thing with whatever you use always add a few drops of fairy per litre. Obviously when you see buds you don`t do that cus you dont wanna be blowing bubbles when you smoke it. But dish soap in itself is a great preventative for bugs in general, im not saying it nailedon to stop bugs but yes im sure get point, Dad swore by it in greenhouse to protect his tomatos.

Oh you got me rambling now but if your prone to bug attacks like you can be lots growing in lofts then just few root drenches in veg on a plant with plenty of rootage with a neem/water mix is a good bug off preventative, plant will take on system properties of neem for while. 8-)
Rambling is good for me, me got no brain cells left..can you tell? I've ordered some off amazon. Cold pressed unrefined, 11 quid for 500ml - hopefully that will keep me going for a while
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:39 am)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I just went for it. Mixed around 300ml..ran 150ml through each pot till it was drenched..

I took about 1/2 teaspoon of solidified neem oil, mixed with a little boiling water.. about 1/2 tea spoon fairy liquid..mixed with cold water so it was lukewarm..
Smells lovely..not

I saw the little dekker before the drench..only a couple this time..so last times flush may have helped. Let's see if I can see anymore from any little run off over the next few days.

Thanks all for your help

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:22 am
Thanks bro. Root drench in essence is just flushing it with neem/water mix right?

At the moment I'm feeding every 2 to 3 days that's why I was a bit concerned that I'll be missing too many feeds and starving them from food.

But I think what you're saying is on feed day, skip it and just give neem and water mix, run through the top of the pots and flush it with it. Wait 2 days and then feed, and then do the same with neem/water again after a couple of days,, then feed again?
They shouldn`t even need 2 treatments in those small pots if your feeding every 3 days, judge it yourself, sort of if you see no more springtails after one treatment especially if your worried plants are starting to look hungry and pale then miss the 2nd neem treatment and feed ferts and if you see them again you can always do the neem thing. But what with 3 days in-between feeds one treatment of neem is gonna be hung around in your medium for at least 3 days and that should be enough. I was thinking more along lines if you were feeding ferts daily the neem wont be around long enough in medium to wipe lot out as you would be flushing it out feeding ferts daily so 2 treatments are prolly needed. But I'm sure you get gist before i start over complicating things if i haven`t already :lol:

Root drench basically just give neem water to 10% run off or so like you would give ferts, basically make sure all medium is soaked and your golden Wu.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:28 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:02 pm
wutang wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:22 am
Thanks bro. Root drench in essence is just flushing it with neem/water mix right?

At the moment I'm feeding every 2 to 3 days that's why I was a bit concerned that I'll be missing too many feeds and starving them from food.

But I think what you're saying is on feed day, skip it and just give neem and water mix, run through the top of the pots and flush it with it. Wait 2 days and then feed, and then do the same with neem/water again after a couple of days,, then feed again?
They shouldn`t even need 2 treatments in those small pots if your feeding every 3 days, judge it yourself, sort of if you see no more springtails after one treatment especially if your worried plants are starting to look hungry and pale then miss the 2nd neem treatment and feed ferts and if you see them again you can always do the neem thing. But what with 3 days in-between feeds one treatment of neem is gonna be hung around in your medium for at least 3 days and that should be enough. I was thinking more along lines if you were feeding ferts daily the neem wont be around long enough in medium to wipe lot out as you would be flushing it out feeding ferts daily so 2 treatments are prolly needed. But I'm sure you get gist before i start over complicating things if i haven`t already :lol:

Root drench basically just give neem water to 10% run off or so like you would give ferts, basically make sure all medium is soaked and your golden Wu.
Understood bro. I'll have a check tomorrow. I gave feeds to each plant. 50ml..only minute run off so I know neem.is still in there lol. Thanks bro.
2-Scoops (Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:14 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

You sorted my problem @2-Scoops no more spring flies..and the babies have gone into their final home
2-Scoops (Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:53 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:18 pm
You sorted my problem @2-Scoops no more spring flies..and the babies have gone into their final home
If you suffer with airborne or medium typo bugs in general on a regular basis its a great preventative used 2 or 3 times throughout a grow to prevent them attacking your plants too much. Its banging stuff tbh but it stinks bloody awful imo. I wouldn`t use it on plants that have lets say less than 5 or 6 weeks left to go, just cus your wanting plant to rid itself of any traces of the stuff it may have left in it, but that just my opinion last part cus people do use it longer if needs be this way.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:09 pm
wutang wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:18 pm
If you suffer with airborne or medium typo bugs in general on a regular basis its a great preventative used 2 or 3 times throughout a grow to prevent them attacking your plants too much. Its banging stuff tbh but it stinks bloody awful imo. I wouldn`t use it on plants that have lets say less than 5 or 6 weeks left to go, just cus your wanting plant to rid itself of any traces of the stuff it may have left in it, but that just my opinion last part cus people do use it longer if needs be this way.
Nice. Love a bit of neem..inhale..ahhhh

Totally get your point bro. I'm shocked how quickly it cleared them out. Nice tip bro..another reason why I just love this place. Peace!
2-Scoops (Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:47 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”