Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Powdery Mildew on Leaves

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
JPotrickT2
Has thanked: 0

Powdery Mildew on Leaves

Post by JPotrickT2 »

Powdery mildew on leaves. Please advise.... Watered-down milk? Apple cider vinegar?

I'm a newbie here and in growing weed. Starting to get buds but also the leaf issue. Thanks!
These users thanked the author JPotrickT2 for the post:
duke (Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:10 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Powdery Mildew on Leaves

Post by Keeno »

Powderyery mildew can be a nightmare to deal with. I've not had to as of yet so am no help. But I'm sure someone will be along soon with some help.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
duke (Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:10 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

JPotrickT2 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:09 pm
Powdery mildew on leaves. Please advise.... Watered-down milk? Apple cider vinegar?

I'm a newbie here and in growing weed. Starting to get buds but also the leaf issue. Thanks!
hi If you have a mildew colony, here’s how to wipe it out and make sure it never comes back.
Mix 1 tablespoon of 90 percent plus sulfur dust with 1 liter of water, then spray that on all of your plants. Do it again 2 weeks later, and then you can start bloom. Never, spray it on blooming plants, because that’s gross, unless you are just making seeds. Also, never apply after an oil based product, you will have to wash that application off first, then apply the sulfur.
To ensure it never comes back, just don’t bring any infected plant material in. It’s really that simple. Keep new cuts in quarantine and microscopically inspect them daily if possible. You can see the infestation way faster with magnification!good luck. 8-)
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 5):
Keeno (Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:13 pm) • JJ (Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:14 pm) • MommaB (Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:43 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:01 pm) • Herbalist (Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:21 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

ImageI have just used Dr. ZymesImageImageImage
I use it thru the whole grow...inside and out
Like anything..dillegence is the key...outside moisture is a problem...
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
duke (Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:03 pm) • MommaB (Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:43 pm)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

duke wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:11 pm
JPotrickT2 wrote:

hi If you have a mildew colony, here’s how to wipe it out and make sure it never comes back.
Mix 1 tablespoon of 90 percent plus sulfur dust with 1 liter of water, then spray that on all of your plants. Do it again 2 weeks later, and then you can start bloom. Never, spray it on blooming plants, because that’s gross, unless you are just making seeds. Also, never apply after an oil based product, you will have to wash that application off first, then apply the sulfur.
To ensure it never comes back, just don’t bring any infected plant material in. It’s really that simple. Keep new cuts in quarantine and microscopically inspect them daily if possible. You can see the infestation way faster with magnification!good luck. 8-)
Do you recommend spraying nooks n crannies of the tent between grows?
I've used outside copper fungicide(captain jacks)also
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
duke (Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:05 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

JJ wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:13 pm
duke wrote:
JPotrickT2 wrote:

I use captain jacks neem oil twice a grow once during veg once right before flower. Always turn my lights off after long enough to let it dry. I haven’t had a pest problem at all since using this. But as I’m writing this panic has set in as I don’t think I’ve sprayed my current grow at all annndddd they are already in flower.. oh my bajesus😂😂🙈🙈🙈
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
duke (Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:01 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Also should note that I’m high and y’all are talking about powdery mildew and I’m talking about bugs……but it’s like Frank’s red hot sauce I put that shit on everything 😂😂😂😂😂😂
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
duke (Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:01 pm) • Herbalist (Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:22 pm)

HRH
Known User

Post by HRH »

We had a few leaves showing signs ( growing outdoors in poly tunnel), sprayed just the fan leaves with milk/water solution, believe it was 70% water/30% milk mixture, stopped it in its tracks with no further signs.
Also tried using it on plants in the garden and it was successful on those too.
These users thanked the author HRH for the post:
duke (Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:02 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

HRH wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:09 am
We had a few leaves showing signs ( growing outdoors in poly tunnel), sprayed just the fan leaves with milk/water solution, believe it was 70% water/30% milk mixture, stopped it in its tracks with no further signs.
Also tried using it on plants in the garden and it was successful on those too.
hi if your lucky and have the right type just shifting the ph out of range (which is what the milk does)can kill it off,however the type is not often the same on cannabis for instance to be honest there lots of various types and thankfully in the uk we do not yet have all of them regularly turn up but all the time we import plant matter from foreign climes we also bring new pests and diseases.
the sulphur seems to work on all the types we have local to me and a saviour of my tomatoe crop this year as it started real early and i missed it and had nearly binned the lot.
we have a horrid type of blight this and last season damages mainstems and plants slowly die of starvation it seems immune to copper or sulphur and even roseclear failed to kill it.
bin for about half my tinas cacti :oops: sad as some was old.good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Wrh (Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:32 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

JJ wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:13 pm
duke wrote:
JPotrickT2 wrote:

hi cant hurt i do spray if i remember in the drobes between crops,make sure not to spray sulphur in the near area of flowering plants as it can impart the rancid flavour to your weed,i found this out the hard way,yuck and only fit for oiling.
the worst culprits for spread of pm is weeds in your patch and anything like clones etc you bring in can carry pathogens of allsorts i have a quarantine area for clones and they go through a dip in pyrethrum and a copper spray and if they survive that there good ones.peace

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”