Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Neem oil

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Groot

Neem oil

Post by Groot »

Hey there folks I was wondering if there is a specific type or make of neem oil and does it affect the taste of my plants. Last grow I had powdery mildew so more of a preventative measure this time around. Thanks for any advice folks.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:02 pm) • GMO (Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:46 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Neem oil

Post by GMO »

you have options when it comes to PM buddy. EM1 or sulphur are more preventative. neem will also work but before using any Neem have a good read around the hazards associated

Neem with azadirachtin is what you want if your set on using neem. for the taste question i would say no but thats using it strictly in veg with a couple of weeks gap between last spray and flipping to flower. i have heard people say that the smell of neem lingers around the grow space through flower and can affect buds if your spraying and flowering in the same space... suggest if ya spray in veg to do a real deep clean before flower to avoid risk of flavour contamination

i hope that helps bud
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:04 pm) • Groot (Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:27 pm) • duke (Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:01 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Id turn off extraction in your room and bomb it with a sulphur candle before adding any more plants if you`ve had mould spores in it already. Its how i deal with pests like mites or spores from previous grows just to get rid of anything left behind. But look for any sulphur candle which should do trick with spores, just make sure its right size for room, tbh i tend to get oversized ones to make sure it gets rid of shit.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
GMO (Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:11 pm) • Groot (Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:26 pm) • duke (Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:07 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Groot

Post by Groot »

Hey guys thanks for your replies. I’ve never heard of that a sulphur candle just looked them up and looks like that would do the job. Just a couple of questions lol how smelly because I live in a high rise flat with a lot of neighbours on landing and will I have to leave the house lol.
Ps. Iv got 16 plants 2 month into veg with 2 weeks still to go should I move them out the room while the candles burning and check them separately.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post:
duke (Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:07 am)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”