Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Seedling game socks, help needed.

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Tictok
Known User

Seedling game socks, help needed.

Post by Tictok »

Hey GR420

My seedling game for some reason has taken a turn for the worst, it has to be the environment, I'm in a loft grow so temps this time of year fluctuate.

Germination is fine, its when the next bit that is screwing up. Seedlings are breaking surface, lasting a few days and damping off. I've got them in a propagator normally in the veg tent with other stuff so they use then main light, vents fully open but the last lot hit 99% humidity which i know is too much.

Thinking of removing the propagator and adding a t5 light to it so I can grow them separately.

Does this sound like a plan? Any suggestions on getting the buggers to survive linger would be much appreciated and will stop me wasting very expensive genetics!
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:13 pm) • GMO (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:13 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Seedling game socks, help needed.

Post by GMO »

I'm in a similar boat atm. If its dampening off that's the issue, cinnamon at the base of the seedling can help loads and or 2 bags of chamomile tea in a normal size mug, steep like normal but leave it to cool to room temp and water with that before putting seeds into the soil

Besides that, if it's just environment like in having trouble with, T5 in a small prop area with a heat mat is my next port of call
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:22 pm) • Budgie (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:33 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Yeah, get them out of the propagator. I know many swear by them for seedlings, domes, etc. I've never used them, once the seed is above ground my seedlings are under light and open to the air. The only time id use a prop for a seedling is in a ridiculously dry environment.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Tictok (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:22 pm) • Budgie (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:33 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:15 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

I'm thw same as keeno, as soon as its above ground I'll take the dome.off the top and let her have air.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:22 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:15 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Hmr81 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:20 pm
I'm thw same as keeno, as soon as its above ground I'll take the dome.off the top and let her have air.
Keeno wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:16 pm
Yeah, get them out of the propagator. I know many swear by them for seedlings, domes, etc. I've never used them, once the seed is above ground my seedlings are under light and open to the air. The only time id use a prop for a seedling is in a ridiculously dry environment.
GMO wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:13 pm
I'm in a similar boat atm. If its dampening off that's the issue, cinnamon at the base of the seedling can help loads and or 2 bags of chamomile tea in a normal size mug, steep like normal but leave it to cool to room temp and water with that before putting seeds into the soil

Besides that, if it's just environment like in having trouble with, T5 in a small prop area with a heat mat is my next port of call
Thanks chaps, sterling advice all round.

I'll try the cinnamon thing and get the dome off the propagator as soon as they break ground. It's been fine for months except the last two attempts to grow something new.

Thanks again all. Really appreciated.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 2):
Hmr81 (Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:32 pm) • GMO (Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:54 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”