Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Insulation Board recommendations? Long winded post for a DIY illiterate who needs advice

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues

Re: Insulation Board recommendations? Long winded post for a DIY illiterate who needs advice

Post by Guest »

Ancient.Soul.Grown wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:12 pm
Hey, personally i would go with the proper insulation board.

In this case if you go for the cheap option then yeah its insulated but not as well as the kingspan.

Fixing the panels i would go down the lines of expandable foam can... Then use nails if desired to pin.

Make sure you have an air gap on the base add skids get it off the ground.

Maybe you should get a new hut :) BIIIIG hut hahahahaaaa

Just think of the amount of seeds you could pop mwhahahahahaaaa

Keep us all posted on this please.

ASG
Yeah a little like a shed floor. Suspended

I built my groom on a concrete base so PVA went on floor. Floor paint and then a plastic membrane before some normal underlay........
7HNC.gif
.....and carpet.
O67f.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Ancient.Soul.Grown (Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:35 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Re: Insulation Board recommendations? Long winded post for a DIY illiterate who needs advice

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

SteveMcqueen wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:27 pm
Ancient.Soul.Grown wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:12 pm
Hey, personally i would go with the proper insulation board.

In this case if you go for the cheap option then yeah its insulated but not as well as the kingspan.

Fixing the panels i would go down the lines of expandable foam can... Then use nails if desired to pin.

Make sure you have an air gap on the base add skids get it off the ground.

Maybe you should get a new hut :) BIIIIG hut hahahahaaaa

Just think of the amount of seeds you could pop mwhahahahahaaaa

Keep us all posted on this please.

ASG
Oh man If the misses allowed it I would just build a large hut over the garden and just have one big shed. But we meet halfway.

I was just going to have a board underneath the tent so the tent will be resting on it. Is that OK? Or does it need something over the board before putting the tent on it? In all honesty I was just going to use probable double sided sticky tape to stick them together to create a box lol
Yeah that defo work... the tent will be ok to sit on internal floor face of the box.

I would just get that box off the ground onto long pads... smaller surface area in contact with floor. etc

But yeah it will be grand :)

ASG

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”