Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

To chop or not to chop (yet)

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
MrBill

To chop or not to chop (yet)

Post by MrBill »

These are the most mature 2. Sorry about the picture quality but this is as good as i can get on this phone.
They're about 10 weeks old, auto-flowers Gorilla Glue. Trics appear to be white(ish).
What do we think?
Another week or 2 yet?

These users thanked the author MrBill for the post (total 3):
duke (Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:12 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:34 pm) • Marcus (Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:49 pm)
"Normal" is not a goal. It is a level to be surpassed on the way to "memorable". :Stoned:
:puff puff: (UNLESS of course, the goal is NORML)

Sage
Respected Member

Re: To chop or not to chop (yet)

Post by Sage »

I prefer a mix of amber and white trichomes, but it's about the kinda high you want well to a point. White will be a more heady and active high, while amber more body stone and relaxing. That said neither will overpower genetics as a sativa will be more heady and an Indica more relaxed. More like a fine tuning.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 4):
Treetrunk (Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:54 am) • Wardrobe Farming (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:19 am) • duke (Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:11 pm) • MrBill (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:57 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Looks good Mr Bill. I would leave it a little longer. I like to see the white hairs go ginger.
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 3):
Wardrobe Farming (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:19 am) • duke (Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:11 pm) • MrBill (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:57 pm)

Wardrobe Farming

Post by Wardrobe Farming »

Dont want to insult your knowledge but I think you might be confusing pistils for trichomes. The general idea is to try and get as many mature trichomes as possible. You may need a cheap jewelers loupe to get a good look at them since they are so small. The ones demonstrated in the picture below are on sugar leaves but the ones you want to focus on should be on the bud itself since that is what you will be smoking. Sugar leave trichomes will mature first and could give you a false state of maturity since they have been around longer than the bud. Most people try and wait for some amber to appear since that will hopefully ensure the majority are at least cloudy. It is all preference at the end of the day and there should be a decent window of opportunity. Patience is key tho and going by your picture you have closer to 4 weeks left but it will all depend on how she matures. Nice looking bud tho πŸ‘Œ and best of luck πŸ‘

A photo of my trichomes with a 60x loupe
These users thanked the author Wardrobe Farming for the post (total 7):
Treetrunk (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:57 am) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:05 am) • duke (Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:10 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:50 pm) • Growmie (Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:12 pm) • Tictok (Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:16 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:34 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

MrBill wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:28 am
These are the most mature 2. Sorry about the picture quality but this is as good as i can get on this phone.
They're about 10 weeks old, auto-flowers Gorilla Glue. Trics appear to be white(ish).
What do we think?
Another week or 2 yet?

hi bill ime all decent autos take atleast 11-12 weeks if you want mature bud ive only had one finish fast and it was smallish and impotent but probably me buggered it up tbh.id give it another 2 weeks and look again,good luck :nice:
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
Stickylemonz (Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:50 pm) • Wardrobe Farming (Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:05 pm) • MrBill (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Wardrobe Farming wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:18 am
Dont want to insult your knowledge but I think you might be confusing pistils for trichomes. The general idea is to try and get as many mature trichomes as possible. You may need a cheap jewelers loupe to get a good look at them since they are so small. The ones demonstrated in the picture below are on sugar leaves but the ones you want to focus on should be on the bud itself since that is what you will be smoking. Sugar leave trichomes will mature first and could give you a false state of maturity since they have been around longer than the bud. Most people try and wait for some amber to appear since that will hopefully ensure the majority are at least cloudy. It is all preference at the end of the day and there should be a decent window of opportunity. Patience is key tho and going by your picture you have closer to 4 weeks left but it will all depend on how she matures. Nice looking bud tho πŸ‘Œ and best of luck πŸ‘

You smashed it with this explanation mate!!! Although I knew this I wouldn’t have been able to put into words like that so thank you!
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post (total 4):
Wardrobe Farming (Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:05 pm) • Growmie (Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:14 pm) • duke (Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:34 pm) • MrBill (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 pm)

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

What an amazing write up and the pictures are honestly so helpful. As Sticky said I already knew all this but would not have been able to do it justice like you did mate fair play πŸ‘πŸ»
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post (total 3):
duke (Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:33 pm) • MrBill (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 pm) • Wardrobe Farming (Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:04 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Defo longer in my inexperienced opinion πŸ˜‚
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 3):
duke (Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:33 pm) • MrBill (Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 pm) • Wardrobe Farming (Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:04 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

What he said. Brilliant post.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 3):

MrBill

Post by MrBill »

First, I am not insulted in the least. If I wasn't looking for information, help, opinions, knowledge I don't have and/or criticism I wouldn't have posted. I'll take all I can get!
On closer look the plant in the lower pic looks to be more developed than the other. I think I'll sacrifice the cola on that one and some of the top buds and let the rest and other one go a couple more weeks.
I was going to let them both go longer but the next 2 are right behind them with 3 more about a week and a half behind them.
Gonna call the first cut a learning experience and Christmas. I've still got 6 more beans to germ after.
Thanks for all the input guys!
:thanks: :barmy: :pass:
These users thanked the author MrBill for the post:
Growmie (Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:30 pm)

Return to β€œCannabis issues and help section”