Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

How many of you flush end of harvest and for how long for?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Benjic93

How many of you flush end of harvest and for how long for?

Post by Benjic93 »

I've given my girls 3 plain water feedings now and I'm debating wether to chop them tomorrow or give them one more watering tomorrow then chop Wednesday. I do have an on going spider mite infestation mind. Not critical but I tend to cut a couple of leafs off a day if I see the slightest sign.

They're grown in plant magic soil fed PM Grow and bloom and a small dose of canna pk13/14 about 2/3 week ago only once.

Does it really make such a difference? Would you actually be able to tell if you dont do it a full 2 week? (3 more waterings) I just don't know.
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Jayme Ream (Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:30 pm)

Paul_led
Respected Member

Re: How many of you flush end of harvest and for how long for?

Post by Paul_led »

I usually allow for 2 weeks of flush,when I see the right mix of cloudy and amber trich I start plain water, usually calling time when the girls are really pale so they have used up all the stores of food,
Don’t know if that’s the scientific and proper way but worlds for me and the smoke isn’t harsh lol so that’s what I shall keep doing
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:36 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:43 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Paul_led wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:31 pm
I usually allow for 2 weeks of flush,when I see the right mix of cloudy and amber trich I start plain water, usually calling time when the girls are really pale so they have used up all the stores of food,
Don’t know if that’s the scientific and proper way but worlds for me and the smoke isn’t harsh lol so that’s what I shall keep doing
Yeh I've done the 2 weeks in the past, majority of trichs are turning Amber now, alot of pale leafs but a few pure green leafs on bud sites. With only another 3 waterings I didn't know if it'll make such an impact on the end product. I'm also just being impatient and avoiding the mites taking over. Lol

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:15 pm
I think it depends on how you feed and your soil system. But I use synthetics from the bottle. I feed light and usually see some fading with 2-3 weeks left. This kind of lets me know the plant has used most of what it can in the soil, but I do perform a couple flushes of water. Heavy watering to wash the water through and nutrients out, but I also try and not water it for the last 10 or more days to give it sort of a drought stress response, which can increase secondary metabolites, namely trichomes.
Dam you don't water for 10 or more days? If I'm not there bang on when the light comes on one of girls acts like I've never fed her after 3 days. So you do a couple heavy flushes then starve her for 10days? I've flushed for a week total :idn: some leafs are still healthy green though. Its tough trying to determine when to chop :(

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

hi imo in soil flushing before harvest is not needed only when growing in hydro using salt based ferts would i flush and then just one good flush using double the volume of the pot size and using lukewarm water and dilute nutrients about a quarter dose as low dose erts dissolve more o the nutrient salts from the medium then just plain non phed water for 7-10 days seems to give best results for me,unflushed in coco can ime be very harsh and i think this is caused by lots of nitrogen still in the system at chop.
its worth noting not all nutrients are "mobile" ie the plant cannot move them from one plant part to another so using up the nutrients even if starving them can only go so far,and yes its a difficult call esp if you out of weed!good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:01 pm) • Wayne36 (Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:09 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

duke wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:40 pm
hi imo in soil flushing before harvest is not needed only when growing in hydro using salt based ferts would i flush and then just one good flush using double the volume of the pot size and using lukewarm water and dilute nutrients about a quarter dose as low dose erts dissolve more o the nutrient salts from the medium then just plain non phed water for 7-10 days seems to give best results for me,unflushed in coco can ime be very harsh and i think this is caused by lots of nitrogen still in the system at chop.
its worth noting not all nutrients are "mobile" ie the plant cannot move them from one plant part to another so using up the nutrients even if starving them can only go so far,and yes its a difficult call esp if you out of weed!good luck
Thanks for that mate, hell of alot of conflicting answers when it comes to flushing throught forums. I get its a hit and miss for everyone. I'll give them a good looking over tomorrow with the microscope and decide then I guess. I'm battling spider mites so that's one major cause for concern on my end for wanting to just get this grow over with and bleach TF outta that tent!
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
ILlegalyGrowing (Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:23 am)

ILlegalyGrowing

Post by ILlegalyGrowing »

Personally I flush with 3times the pot size. First one when I see the trichomes the color I’m after. That puts a two week clock on for harvest. Usually you can get another flush of same quantity (3x size of pots) then flush once more before I put into darkness.

To throw I big loop I’ve seen growmies using ice with their flush! It doesn’t hurt them that’s for sure but I’ve never tried it!
These users thanked the author ILlegalyGrowing for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:02 am) • duke (Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:55 am)

ILlegalyGrowing

Post by ILlegalyGrowing »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:04 pm
duke wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:40 pm
Thanks for that mate, hell of alot of conflicting answers when it comes to flushing throught forums. I get its a hit and miss for everyone. I'll give them a good looking over tomorrow with the microscope and decide then I guess. I'm battling spider mites so that's one major cause for concern on my end for wanting to just get this grow over with and bleach TF outta that tent!
Try introducing ladybugs into your tent. They are great predators for pests.
These users thanked the author ILlegalyGrowing for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:02 am) • duke (Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:55 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

In soil I start tapering feeds off at week 4 flower, sometimes they're yellow come week 5/6 but they finish just fine and dandy with low doses of feed but mostly just water to clean the soil of all it's goodies left.

I like to have my soil loaded with grub ready for flip as this is when they're really hungry. Weeks 1-3 they'll be stretching and building so need more grub than at all other times.

Come week 6 flower they're done growing and start the downhill decline to their death.

When you say flushing, do you mean running the pots through with loads of water to clear any salts? Or are you on about just feeding water every few days for the last 2 weeks?

I only ever flushed my soil out if they stopped drinking/feeding because of an issue. No need to flush soil at the end, just feed them water for the last few weeks with a splash of grub maybe once a week if they look like they want it.

:idn: Just how I do it. Not saying it's right but I'm trying to fit in with the plants lifecycle and what would happen in nature.

These plants are trying to breed and survive, not grow flowers for us. That's an added bonus. :morning:

:lol: :bye:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
duke (Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:53 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

i always flush my dope for the last week of flowering,this gives me peace of mind that the plant has spent the ferts within her,i like to see the buggers turn slightly golden but not dead looking :lol: this goes for what ever medium im growing in :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Benjic93 (Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”