Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Help with scrog

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Stickylemonz
Known User

Help with scrog

Post by Stickylemonz »

Hello this is a blueberry gum she’s been outside and will be starting flower outside as I haven’t the space indoor yet. Wanted to put a net on her if I can so when it goes inside it will be even coverage.

This is what I’m looking at getting as I can move it freely; https://www.futuregarden.co.uk/scrog-li ... cYEALw_wcB

I’m just not sure if will be any good for my plant as she has many heads and not sure if that product is big enough however my pot is 35l fabric and may be to big this is where I need some help

Stickylemonz
Known User

Re: Help with scrog

Post by Stickylemonz »

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Also not sure if I cut of enough lower leafs??
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post:
MommaB (Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:56 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nah that's far from ideal, but theirs no need to scrog that plant, man its a real beauty and will reward you well. You will need to net it with a support net though if you don`t use string, canes and ties etc. But looking at the plant man that will reward you like a scrog.

Summink like this will do job sound for you, it needs adding at on top of canopy around 10days to 2 weeks into bloom or 12/12 or from whenever it started flowering strain dependent and tie it to tent post corners or summink like if not using a tent. Then just strip away bottom 3rd of plant about 3 weeks into bloom. Should be looking summink like this in picture supporting all big top buds then
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353079778066 ... Swk8RemR8W

Tbh i can`t see fascination with scrogs its all you here "i wanna scrog it" these days and most grows you see with a net or screen aren`t even scrogged but more like just plants with support netting on. Trust me done over 12 months i would say you`ll get more back doing grows normally than you would scrogging which takes alot longer with added weeks extra vegging.

But yes that plant will do you proud just letting it do its own thing for sure and will easily fill 1m square on its own.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Stickylemonz (Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:46 pm) • Wayne36 (Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:55 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:45 pm
Nah that's far from ideal, but theirs no need to scrog that plant, man its a real beauty and will reward you well. You will need to net it with a support net though if you don`t use string, canes and ties etc. But looking at the plant man that will reward you like a scrog.

Summink like this will do job sound for you, it needs adding at on top of canopy around 10days to 2 weeks into bloom or 12/12 or from whenever it started flowering strain dependent and tie it to tent post corners or summink like if not using a tent. Then just strip away bottom 3rd of plant about 3 weeks into bloom. Should be looking summink like this in picture supporting all big top buds then
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353079778066 ... Swk8RemR8W

Tbh i can`t see fascination with scrogs its all you here "i wanna scrog it" these days and most grows you see with a net or screen aren`t even scrogged but more like just plants with support netting on. Trust me done over 12 months i would say you`ll get more back doing grows normally than you would scrogging which takes alot longer with added weeks extra vegging.

But yes that plant will do you proud just letting it do its own thing for sure and will easily fill 1m square on its own.
Okay mate thank you! When the indoor girls done hopefully within next few weeks, I’ll put this one inside by then it may start to flower outside but will move it inside and use 1 600w hps and use cup hooks and use this net I brought and is wrong size but will find way to use it. I don’t know what she will be like being moved inside(I defo gotta watch out for pests) and that plant is very nice!! I don’t know why I just think it creates monster plants well so I think anyway
2-Scoops (Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:58 pm)

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

Stickylemonz wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:20 pm
Hello this is a blueberry gum she’s been outside and will be starting flower outside as I haven’t the space indoor yet. Wanted to put a net on her if I can so when it goes inside it will be even coverage.

This is what I’m looking at getting as I can move it freely; https://www.futuregarden.co.uk/scrog-li ... cYEALw_wcB

I’m just not sure if will be any good for my plant as she has many heads and not sure if that product is big enough however my pot is 35l fabric and may be to big this is where I need some help
hey mate she looking mighty fine. I have wanted to try scroggin myself theres a guy on fb and Instagram called scroggers or northern scrogger he is very good as others that post there might give you ideas on how to build one etc
These users thanked the author Wayne36 for the post (total 2):
Stickylemonz (Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:11 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:58 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Done some light defoliation yesterday and she looking good today :dj: :barmy: @Wayne36ImageImageImage

Also I don’t have Facebook or Instagram do they have YouTube vids mate as love watching videos also I think I’m going to have to wait till I have room in groom to finish flower and add a support net as I’ve done a good enough job using ties rather then a net as she’s been outside while my other 7 are in flower atm 6 diffrent strains I’ve got a diary and this is where she will be heading when the others finish flower and then she’ll be in final position to then use a support net! I’m just hoping she doesn’t stretch lots and because she starting flower outside they do tend to stretch more during veg also as internode spacing far apart but I seem to have kept her at bay(fingers crossed)(touch wood)
Greenfingers (Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:42 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Plants I've flowered that size with plenty of space to grow it in, man i was dragging 15 to 20oz per plant, were talking big yields from that plant under a 600hps @Stickylemonz quite possibly double figures, but don't get hopes up hey just yet....... 8-)

Yes i take your point about moving it but once its moved it will soon be back looking normal. As for the net just cut holes around 4 to 5 inch square in it with scissors if they`re too small which i found out for myself once upon a time when i bought some from garden centre.

I would maybe look at giving plant a neem drench/foliar spray once a week till you take it indoors to deter bugs or summink like. :rock:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Stickylemonz (Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:38 pm)

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

Stickylemonz wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Done some light defoliation yesterday and she looking good today :dj: :barmy: @Wayne36ImageImageImage

Also I don’t have Facebook or Instagram do they have YouTube vids mate as love watching videos also I think I’m going to have to wait till I have room in groom to finish flower and add a support net as I’ve done a good enough job using ties rather then a net as she’s been outside while my other 7 are in flower atm 6 diffrent strains I’ve got a diary and this is where she will be heading when the others finish flower and then she’ll be in final position to then use a support net! I’m just hoping she doesn’t stretch lots and because she starting flower outside they do tend to stretch more during veg also as internode spacing far apart but I seem to have kept her at bay(fingers crossed)(touch wood)
She looks good mate. Yes he has YouTube here is the link he is very informative https://youtube.com/c/NorthernScrogger
These users thanked the author Wayne36 for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:14 pm) • Stickylemonz (Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:12 pm
Plants I've flowered that size with plenty of space to grow it in, man i was dragging 15 to 20oz per plant, were talking big yields from that plant under a 600hps @Stickylemonz quite possibly double figures, but don't get hopes up hey just yet....... 8-)

Yes i take your point about moving it but once its moved it will soon be back looking normal. As for the net just cut holes around 4 to 5 inch square in it with scissors if they`re too small which i found out for myself once upon a time when i bought some from garden centre.

I would maybe look at giving plant a neem drench/foliar spray once a week till you take it indoors to deter bugs or summink like. :rock:
Hahaha I hope so mate she’s had a long veg tbh and surprised as I topped so so late but seems to be okay, -also with the net I did buy one (yet again impulsive purchase) it’s like an elastic one and designed for a tent about half my groom so where I don’t have polls like a tent I’ll use cuphooks however I won’t know till I finish these 6 ans have a look at net in groom. is it worth doing a diary for this plant?
2-Scoops (Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:04 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”