Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Dying roots - what's causing it?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Dying roots - what's causing it?

Post by Keeno »

2 scoops could be onto something there imo. I use the same clone as you know and the water will indeed be warmer this time of year. While the roots look good they will likeky not be a strong as in cooler months.

Be careful with that h2o2 stuff, burnt me to fook first time I used it.

Again with the added heat what captains saying to. I never use a dome, straight out the aero clone and into coco. But the added heat may be effecting oxygen levels in the aero prop water and then the extra heat causing the plants to need more feed than normal or just higher humidity. I was spraying mine with a fine mist of water this time round early on. Might be worth a go.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
anova.330 (Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:08 am) • Bulls (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:34 am) • The Aspie Toker (Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:42 am)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:49 pm
after they rooted then potted up day 1 how often ewe watring / feeding them ? :Stoned:
They are watered after few days mate, as per usual as letting the roots develop.
And yes, the bototm leaves yellowed up, but that's the heat for them unfortunately.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
Captain Beefheart (Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:00 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:42 am)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

anova.330 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:17 pm
Aeroponic roots are water roots. Use dome or plastic baggie overtop of planted coco clone for first week. Saturate medium.
Always the way I do it. Slowly open up the vents of the dome to introduce them lower humidity.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:17 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:42 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:33 am
anova.330 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:17 pm
Aeroponic roots are water roots. Use dome or plastic baggie overtop of planted coco clone for first week. Saturate medium.
Always the way I do it. Slowly open up the vents of the dome to introduce them lower humidity.
Wont putting them in a humidor encourage them to carry on feeding/watering up through leaves when in fact they really need tro be taking up through roots ?
+
So before you pot up you soak the coco in a low fert mix ? Then it shouldn`t need wetting again till pots are light as air and plants have come round from shock and the roots have started uptaking ferts. Every few days to start seems like it could be too often what with shock prolly stalling plants for a bit, just till they come around.

Just slinging shit out their to think about mukka. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:42 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:10 am
Wont putting them in a humidor encourage them to carry on feeding/watering up through leaves when in fact they really need tro be taking up through roots ?
As I said I always introduce them to the normal environemnt over the period of1-2 days after. Sometimes if you move them from aero prop to coco and remove them from the prop immediately, they become droopy as feck.
2-Scoops wrote:
So before you pot up you soak the coco in a low fert mix ? Then it shouldn`t need wetting again till pots are light
That's correct. As per usual they do very well on Canna A&B and after the first soaking they don't need anything for at least few days. What surprised me last time was that 3-4 days after moving them to coco, white healthy roots were showing from the bottom of the pots. Then a couple of days later they were all gone! No sign of roots. And the pots were drying off as usual. Very strange.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:40 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Bulls wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:24 am
2-Scoops wrote:
As I said I always introduce them to the normal environemnt over the period of1-2 days after. Sometimes if you move them from aero prop to coco and remove them from the prop immediately, they become droopy as feck.
2-Scoops wrote:
So before you pot up you soak the coco in a low fert mix ? Then it shouldn`t need wetting again till pots are light
That's correct. As per usual they do very well on Canna A&B and after the first soaking they don't need anything for at least few days. What surprised me last time was that 3-4 days after moving them to coco, white healthy roots were showing from the bottom of the pots. Then a couple of days later they were all gone! No sign of roots. And the pots were drying off as usual. Very strange.
It`s a sure a mad en is this fucker, keep us updated zee if you sussed it next time Bulls
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Bulls (Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:23 am)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I'd most definetely keep you updated on what the hell is goign on if I manage to find out what's the problem :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:03 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”