Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Day 19 flower deficiencies! Please help

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Gward20

Re: Day 19 flower deficiencies! Please help

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:12 pm
Gward20 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:43 am
2-Scoops wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:23 am
Yes i thought underfeeding too, but i also think theirs maybe more than one thing going off. 1.6ec i don`t think is overdoing it too much if your feeding budding up plants every 3 days, quite possibly it`s underferting especially if you`ve been adding other things to your mix like pk13/14 and calmag which will both raise ec.

Basically plants aren`t getting enough A&B base ferts cus of other shit your adding which raises ec too and what with feeding budding up and hungry plants every 3 days that ec isn`t enough, in fact i`d say plants aren`t even getting 0.8 ec daily of base A&B ferts prolly alot less, maybe not hmmmm ? But yes that`s just with a quick bit of number crunching in my mind :lol: but it`s saying underferting, but also to my eyes they have that hungry starving look except for 1 leaf which might or might not be caused by using pk boost which loves crisping leaves up.

Also it just depends how much you`ve been feeding earlier on in grow and if fert salts have built up enough to cause lockout. But if run off isn`t high i`m with Marcus on underfeeding menu cus they look underfed to me too.

Myself i`d be dropping pk boost for now cus thats a leaf fryer well i`d be dropping everything except A&B and if run off ec isn`t high then i`d be feeding plants every 2 days @ same1.6 ec cus 20 liter pots are fair size and will easily take feeding every few days but If feeding daily then i`d drop ferts just feed A&B at 1.2 ec but im all for every few days it just gives roots chance to air off a bit and those pots can easily do that but either should do trick.

I hope you sling away run off from feeding that comes outa bottoms of your pots. If your not well that could be a reason why pots are still heavy and maybe or maybe not get that soggy roots thing going down. Just another thought though... :roll eyes:

If your unsure whether its over or underferting best sure fire way is to do as Beefy said and flush pots right back with plenty of water and then start back up up with A&B only till they look better, whether your you feed daily or every few days, but feeding every few days i use a slight higher ec than i would if feeding daily.
Hi mate. I gave each plant 40 litres of ph’d water last night and I’m gonna start feeding them 1-1.2 Ec of just a\&b either today or tomorrow. When I have been feeding through veg and flower I have been getting lots of run off and my run off system is taking that away. The only thing is that their is always run off left in the bottom of the trays underneath the pots but it’s about 2-3 inches away from the roots. Do you think that could be doing anything ‘? I’ve used these run of systems for about 4 grows now and it’s never been a problem. I just don’t understand why only the top half of the pot is drying out unless I leave them for 3-4 days. I will giv4 each plant 5 litres each of A&B for the next few feeds and hopefully they improve. Thanks for your help 👍
No don`t sweat heavy pots too much if growing in a coco/perlite mix if your doing that and have flushed them through then sound, iff feeding every day then 1.2ec will be sound, but around 1.4 -1.6ec every few days. But yes you should be cool now. They`re big pots so wont be drying out fast, but soggy roots int problem with a big plant in coco whether you feed daily or every other day.

It maybe a good idea to look at raising pots an inch or so off tray bottom by sitting pots on some wooden or summink like, i use roofing slate lat pine timber amongst other things.

But yes i think you`ll be sound now you`ve done that mate. 8-)
Thank you very much for the help mate I appreciate it. Why would you suggest adding pk 13/14 back into my mix ? I thought just using A&B would be bad without using a flowering nutrient.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Gward20 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:33 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Gward20 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:43 am

Hi mate. I gave each plant 40 litres of ph’d water last night and I’m gonna start feeding them 1-1.2 Ec of just a\&b either today or tomorrow. When I have been feeding through veg and flower I have been getting lots of run off and my run off system is taking that away. The only thing is that their is always run off left in the bottom of the trays underneath the pots but it’s about 2-3 inches away from the roots. Do you think that could be doing anything ‘? I’ve used these run of systems for about 4 grows now and it’s never been a problem. I just don’t understand why only the top half of the pot is drying out unless I leave them for 3-4 days. I will giv4 each plant 5 litres each of A&B for the next few feeds and hopefully they improve. Thanks for your help 👍
No don`t sweat heavy pots too much if growing in a coco/perlite mix if your doing that and have flushed them through then sound, iff feeding every day then 1.2ec will be sound, but around 1.4 -1.6ec every few days. But yes you should be cool now. They`re big pots so wont be drying out fast, but soggy roots int problem with a big plant in coco whether you feed daily or every other day.

It maybe a good idea to look at raising pots an inch or so off tray bottom by sitting pots on some wooden or summink like, i use roofing slate lat pine timber amongst other things.

Thank you very much for the help mate I appreciate it. Why would you suggest adding pk 13/14 back into my mix ? I thought just using A&B would be bad without using a flowering nutrient.
I use it for last 3 weeks before i put plants on a water only diet for 2 weeks till chop, so i start using it around 5 weeks before chopping, i add 1/2 to 1ml per liter and lower A&B to 0.8ec. Some peeps use it all way through flowering and some earlier in flowering, in fact ive been known to use 1/2ml or so per liter for a week when i see buds appear as well as use later in bloom too. But its harsh stuff and i always tend to notice odd few leaves that are in more shaded spots like under the canopy can start to crisp up before dropping, but tint so much of a worry tbh nowt ever comes of it and in all honesty the leaves are usually dieing off and dropping in those shaded spots later in bloom with or without use of pk boost. 8-)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

I flushed the plants with 40 litres each of ph’d water and waited 48 hours then fed them all 5 litres of just a & b at 1.3ec. I just came back into the grow tent 48 hours later and the plants are looking like this 😡 I just gave them all 8 litres of a & b at 1.0ec. Does anyone have a clue as to what’s going on or how to fix this? I can’t let my baby’s die!ImageImageImageImageImageImage
To the Video app.php/vgallery/gward20/4/674

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:56 pm
Gward20 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:33 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

I use it for last 3 weeks before i put plants on a water only diet for 2 weeks till chop, so i start using it around 5 weeks before chopping, i add 1/2 to 1ml per liter and lower A&B to 0.8ec. Some peeps use it all way through flowering and some earlier in flowering, in fact ive been known to use 1/2ml or so per liter for a week when i see buds appear as well as use later in bloom too. But its harsh stuff and i always tend to notice odd few leaves that are in more shaded spots like under the canopy can start to crisp up before dropping, but tint so much of a worry tbh nowt ever comes of it and in all honesty the leaves are usually dieing off and dropping in those shaded spots later in bloom with or without use of pk boost. 8-)
Any ideas as to what’s going on with them now mate ?

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Don`t you know what run off ec is ? I mean it looks like underferting in places then overferting in other parts, well to me it does, but why would it be overferting if you`ve flushed pots back last week, which kinda makes it harder to suss for myself cus maybe theirs a bit of both going down that`s been caused at different times, a bit of left over dammage from overferting and now underferting or opposite way around if that makes some sort of sense, tbh im struggling a bit cus of that. If run off ec is high then i`d be flushing it back like you did last week then starting back feeding AnB at ec you been using if giving daily feeds or use a slightly higher ec if feeding every other day lets say 0.2. They just look more or less same as last week mate to me basically.

Underferting will take a wee bit longer to correct than ovedrferting, meaning once pots are flushed through properly if it was overferting then it should stop plants getting any worse burny looking type symptoms more or less instantly where as underferting will take plants longer to green up when yiou start feeding back ferts.

Gets pots raised up of floor a wee bit if not done by now as well.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Guest (Sun May 23, 2021 8:57 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Gward20 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:47 pm
I flushed the plants with 40 litres each of ph’d water and waited 48 hours
They've just gone 2 days with no grub.

You need to feed after flushing coco, or they have nowt in the pots to eat.

Flushing is just that, you're clearing anything in the coco and resetting it ready for a balanced feed.

They'll pick up, they're still green. :oik!:

Good luck.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun May 23, 2021 4:38 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Gward20 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:12 am
I mixed the coco 70/30 with perlite and didn’t compact it down too much. I don’t understand why the bottom half of my pots aren’t drying out as much as the top half.
If you're growing in coir, then there's no need to use perlite.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Post by Guest »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 2:29 pm
Don`t you know what run off ec is ? I mean it looks like underferting in places then overferting in other parts, well to me it does, but why would it be overferting if you`ve flushed pots back last week, which kinda makes it harder to suss for myself cus maybe theirs a bit of both going down that`s been caused at different times, a bit of left over dammage from overferting and now underferting or opposite way around if that makes some sort of sense, tbh im struggling a bit cus of that. If run off ec is high then i`d be flushing it back like you did last week then starting back feeding AnB at ec you been using if giving daily feeds or use a slightly higher ec if feeding every other day lets say 0.2. They just look more or less same as last week mate to me basically.

Underferting will take a wee bit longer to correct than ovedrferting, meaning once pots are flushed through properly if it was overferting then it should stop plants getting any worse burny looking type symptoms more or less instantly where as underferting will take plants longer to green up when yiou start feeding back ferts.

Gets pots raised up of floor a wee bit if not done by now as well.
Have you thought of water quality? Local area etc.....?
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

now ewe leeched em just keep em on a stable diet of a cf 12 ... ph 6...why ewe arnt watering daily is beyond me,ive got 3 in veg they ruffly 3 weeks in or so + im pouring 3 ltrs each pot daily :idn: i think your enviroment needs looking into tbh :oik!:

heres a few cuttings with 3 / 4 week my advice is warm the fukas up :oik!:

+ them there ^^^ are badly stunted :puff puff:

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

just keep them on A + B ewe be golden. :oik!: pk to early ewe did bach well to early imho. :idn:

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”