Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Dense buds? Help

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
FX
Known User

Re: Dense buds? Help

Post by FX »

Newbie5648 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:14 pm
Thank everyone for your messages.
I think I will invest in a new light and tent.
Bit on the budget side but what does everyone think about the Fecida CR600 from Amazon.
Par value looks good.

The description reads:
very similar to Samsung LM301B diodes
The picture if them looks similar for sure, and that driver they show looks like a meanwell but they have blurred out the logo, seems dodgy to me, I'd avoid and spend that bit extra on the ish100br as @Point 5 recommended
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Newbie5648 (Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm)

Newbie5648

Post by Newbie5648 »

Point 5 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:20 pm
Newbie5648 wrote:
Bit on the budget side but what does everyone think about the Fecida CR600 from Amazon.
Par value looks good.

Not had experience with that light.

What size tent are you in?

Guessing around 80x80iah from the light you posted. With the discount you can get on invisiblesunled you could get a ish100br for about 100 quid.
Jus bought a 120x60x150. But currently using cupboard spaced of 60x80x180.
Just doubled my width really so I can have 2 going mayb 3.
These users thanked the author Newbie5648 for the post:
Guest (Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm)

Newbie5648

Post by Newbie5648 »

Thanks alot@2-Scoops
These users thanked the author Newbie5648 for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:27 pm) • Guest (Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:54 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:08 pm
Newbie5648 wrote:
Par value looks good.

Chipset Samsung LM301B is bang on and good as any in that quantum led light field, but its not very powerful only pulling 120watts power from wall which isn`t gonna grow you.... lets say biggest buds. Maybe look for summink similar around 300watts power draw from wall. Ive seen some great grows with Phlizon Cree Cob led by a few growers. Your gonna get alot more bang for your buck running summink like this which is around 250wattage true power draw https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Grow-Lig ... SwdAVfhXmv But running any Cree Cob or Samsung Quantum led type of light with a bigger power draw around 250watts is gonna do you a much better jobby all round.

Basically look at true power draw of light and not the 600 or 1000w those sneaky Chinese put at side of their lights trying to sell on. The conning fuckers, it`s really underhanded on their behalf is that one and summink that proper gets my goat cus peeps buying fall for it especially if they are clueless and new to growing. Cheeky Chinese conning fuckers..... :angry: i swear man they use decent parts and build decent spec lights going by numbers and parts used, so really their is no need to try and con peeps into buying your lights you lying bunch of shisters that you are. :ak:

Your buddage looks nice tbh, really frosty looking types, tis a really good effort mate :clap:
Just use 2 Chinese shit ones, working for me so far :lol:

....until I can find the money for an ish or something new like samsung board....
Mate that`s just the thing though if specs and parts used are the real deal they will perform as good as any that`s been built in UK or anywhere else for that matter. Basically guys who build them here are using most or lots of parts made by Chinese these days like Samsung led chipset and Meanigwell drivers i think those are all same as ones used by Invisible Sun but don`t quote that bit, but yes those seem goto parts for jobby by most these days if building quantum led grow lights. As for claims they`re built with said parts by Chinese well if you use a reputable light maker from China i recon all parts will be as advertised and workmanship is generally guarnateed but tis usually a tad more reliable from the reputable Chinese makers. It cracks me up when i see peeps rip anything Chinese made when vast majority of everything these days is made in China in one way or another.

If its anything that lets Chinese down in a big way in comparison to other makers nowadays with things like this its workmanship and false advertising. A big thing does my nut in with Chinese is they lie like fuck or maybe "lie" is harsh but stretch truth or false advertise when its not called for, shit like adding 600w or 1000w by side of light when in reality its summink like 100watt in reality.

Here`s my crazy take on Chinese and i apply this to everything cus all they`re interested in is making a profit be that 50p or £50. So yes just and example but you csn kinda apply it most shit these days, so let`s take Iphone which is made in China in a big factory with workforce on the 12 hour day shift and factory boss lets say makes £10 profit per phone, so yes day shift clock off and night shift clocks on and those lot start building iphone snides/copies/whatever but its still virtually if not still same phone but left unbranded and factory boss only makes £1 profit, he doesn`t give a rats fuck about copyright laws over in USA or UK or anywhere else they`re none existant in China all he`s interested in is profitbe that £1 or £10 per phone lolZzzzz............

Here`s a good one for real a real typical one i saw time back now it was when Snoop Dog weed or concentrate vape pen came out, man i`d been using same pen a couple of years already less the Snoopp brand but Snopp the crafty canni Cali rapper dude that he is just had his picture and name printed on it and box everywhere now every fucker had these pens yewt they were like 5 times cost of one i`d been using a couple of years already.

Bloody rambling on a bit their :roll eyes:
Newbie5648 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:45 pm
Point 5 wrote:
Newbie5648 wrote:
Par value looks good.

Guessing around 80x80iah from the light you posted. With the discount you can get on invisiblesunled you could get a ish100br for about 100 quid.
I grow 2 nice plants in a small space 50cm x 110cm and during Summer i will be running between 350 and 450 watt of led power in Winter i run with 400hps. Just thought i`d mention it. :oik!:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Newbie5648 (Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Newbie5648 wrote:
Point 5 wrote:
Newbie5648 wrote:
Par value looks good.

For the new tent a couple of 120w quantum boards or 100w cobs would be ideal.
Good luck with it

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

for what its worth, our cheap chinese spiderfarmer copy was a good little light and produced some really nice bud.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 2):
wutang (Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:57 am) • Newbie5648 (Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:18 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Hmr81 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 am
for what its worth, our cheap chinese spiderfarmer copy was a good little light and produced some really nice bud.
Now that the LEDs are more available and the quantum board ERA even the cheaper end has gotten better. I can't personally vouch for that..but people are using them :idn:
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Newbie5648 (Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:18 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

i agree, it tends to be that the money saving is from lower quality housings and other components really. We did end up upgrading for the more expensive invisi kit but we could have stayed on the good old blurple and got away with it just fine. We still keep it as a backup and im going to mess about doing a grow with the blurple and the br150 in one tent lol
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 2):
wutang (Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:21 am) • Newbie5648 (Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:18 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”