Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Can you help saving a rare pheno??!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Can you help saving a rare pheno??!

Post by seymore_budz »

Hey buddy,

Sounds like you know what the answer is :) PH and overwatering. You don't need to be Uber accurate when working in soil because the soil will buffer thing to a degree unless you start adding strong acid etc.

The whole issue with litmus test are you cannot get a true reading unless you're in natural light. They plenty accurate enough to work with soil and probably more accurate than those cheap meters mate.

Personally I would give them a light feed and lay off the PH for a while. Also let the soil air a bit before feeding again. These will pick up lovely as soon as you make the required adjustments so no need to panic.

Good luck 🤞
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Tictok (Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:18 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

aye ewe drown the fukas leave the roots get a tad of air back at them leaving pots to dry out lightish then feed the fukas a good feed then grow them out see.... but in the meantime take a few cuttings now as back up. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Tictok (Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:18 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:34 pm
Tictok wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:23 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:29 pm

A more experienced grower would tell you that there's no need to pH your water when growing in organic soil.
Thanks Aspie, he is definitely more experienced than me, but in hindsight, I agree with you.

Untreated my tap water measures 8.5, is that not a bit high or will the soil buffer even that?
It is a tad on the high side, but the microbes should be able to buffer it okay.
Can you collect rain water at all? That is slightly acidic and may be better for you.
Thanks Aspie. This spring I'm setting up waterbutts to collect rainwater.
seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 pm
Hey buddy,

Sounds like you know what the answer is :) PH and overwatering. You don't need to be Uber accurate when working in soil because the soil will buffer thing to a degree unless you start adding strong acid etc.

The whole issue with litmus test are you cannot get a true reading unless you're in natural light. They plenty accurate enough to work with soil and probably more accurate than those cheap meters mate.

Personally I would give them a light feed and lay off the PH for a while. Also let the soil air a bit before feeding again. These will pick up lovely as soon as you make the required adjustments so no need to panic.

Good luck 🤞
Hey Seymour, thanks man, glad for a bit of reassurances things have been clockwork until now.

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:41 pm
aye ewe drown the fukas leave the roots get a tad of air back at them leaving pots to dry out lightish then feed the fukas a good feed then grow them out see.... but in the meantime take a few cuttings now as back up. :oik!:
Cheers Cap and thanks for your cuts post, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have been able to keep any of the lines I have now. Respect sir.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 2):
Captain Beefheart (Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:28 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:28 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

no worries bach im glad it helped. :thanks:

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Just a possible point of interest i thought i`d mention maybe a bit off topic but that`s me allover 8-) . Always used the cheapest ph pens i can find and ive never had problems using them either. Ive had around 4 or 5 down the years and ive also bought and used a more expensive one in that time which worked fine, it never lasted as long as most the cheaper ones though.

Also ive used the same one cheapo EC pen for same length of time, its only last year that EC pen stopped working.

Just a thought here are nearly all the more expensive ph and ec pens still made in China on day shift down factory and jazzed up with different company logo`s to sell on at vast profits and the more cheapo ones are prolly made in same factory by night shift workers less the jazzy company name and logo and still sold on at a lesser profit ? Still it`s a profit and tis all those guys are about down China way me thinks.

I just thought i`d bat the cheapo Chinese grow stuff corner that ive used after seeing you guys rip into the cheapo ph pens for not being accurate, well i think they are, in fact no i know they are accurate after 20 years using them. I seem do ok anyhow. :oik!:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:44 pm) • KD (Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:56 pm) • Tictok (Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:13 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

IMHO you can't get any technology that will beat a chemical reaction in measuring pH. Technology fails, chemistry doesn't.
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 2):
FX (Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:17 pm) • Tictok (Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:13 am)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all that helped on this. Took a while, and a bit of defoliation and the mothers are saved.

Took 5 emergency cuts on @Marcus 's advice and they are also now thriving. This means I can give the cuts to a mate and the line can be fully saved.

Here they are now with a heavily trained young Sugarbreath keeping them company.

They will get another 4 weeks of veg while 2 x Bodhi's HashplantD (Chemdog D mother x 88G13hasplant) catch up.

Thank you all, frickin' lifesavers!
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Josh (Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:37 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”