Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

To chop or not to chop (yet)

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
MrBill

Re: To chop or not to chop (yet)

Post by MrBill »

Before I made the Christmas Sacrifice of the one top, I zoomed in tighter to see trics on the pistils.
They were there and cloudy, I'm going to let the rest go longer but that one is getting the top chop.
Below is the closer pic, what is left still growing and a vid of the top flower that's hanging to dry. Also popped off about 10 thumb sized buds from below.

These users thanked the author MrBill for the post:
duke (Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:55 pm)
"Normal" is not a goal. It is a level to be surpassed on the way to "memorable". :Stoned:
:puff puff: (UNLESS of course, the goal is NORML)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Wardrobe Farming

Post by Wardrobe Farming »

I really don't want to sound negative but she is no where near ready MrBill. Time will let those pistils die back into the calyx and in turn swell up. You are not only loosing out on thc from the trichomes being immature but you will loose a serious amount of mass from the buds not being anywhere near developed. I know it is hard but patience is key. If you got her this far and she is still going strong it is such a shame to cut her down early and loose out on a decent return. I hope you are happy with it regardless I am just throwing my honest opinion out there.
These users thanked the author Wardrobe Farming for the post (total 3):
GMO (Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:16 pm) • MrBill (Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:29 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:43 am)

MrBill

Post by MrBill »

Too late to save that one but I do have another the same age that is still going and no plans on early chop on that one. 2 more a week or so behind that and 3 behind that. Lots of trial and error time to figure out how to squeeze the most out of this strain.

MrBill

Post by MrBill »

Too late to save that one but I do have another the same age that is still going and no plans on early chop on that one. 2 more a week or so behind that and 3 behind that. Lots of trial and error time to figure out how to squeeze the most out of this strain.
Wardrobe Farming wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:14 pm
I really don't want to sound negative but she is no where near ready MrBill. Time will let those pistils die back into the calyx and in turn swell up. You are not only loosing out on thc from the trichomes being immature but you will loose a serious amount of mass from the buds not being anywhere near developed. I know it is hard but patience is key. If you got her this far and she is still going strong it is such a shame to cut her down early and loose out on a decent return. I hope you are happy with it regardless I am just throwing my honest opinion out there.
These users thanked the author MrBill for the post:
Wardrobe Farming (Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:00 am)

Wardrobe Farming

Post by Wardrobe Farming »

MrBill wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:43 am
Good stuff! Trial and error is what it is all about. Plants all look happy and it looks like you are killing it regardless. Keep it up :clap:
These users thanked the author Wardrobe Farming for the post:
MrBill (Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:39 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Wardrobe Farming wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:14 pm
Yes i agree with ya m8, they will pack on up to a 3rd of their overall weight in those last 2 to 3 weeks. Too late now but defo chopped early @MrBill
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Wardrobe Farming (Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:36 am) • MrBill (Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:39 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

MrBill

Post by MrBill »

I went off the rails a bit by posting this here. Instead of reposting in the proper Grow Diary, go back to the original post by clicking here...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15602

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”