Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Spider Mites Week 6 of Flower....

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Spider Mites Week 6 of Flower....

Post by seymore_budz »

Spinosad works great, is non-toxic and can be administered via foliar or the roots. Works pretty well too! It's great for late flowering as you don't have to spray your plants. Good luck!

Reading though, I saw that some were suggesting that plants can fight them off themselves. Although plants don't have an immune system or any in intrinsic method to fight them, metabolites from bacteria just like spinosad are soil born. Mother nature always finds a way :)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16180075/
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:44 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations TicTok,
Tictok wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 am
Not sure what you mean bro, as in when they were seedlings?
Lets illustrate my question with a couple old snapshots:

At the time i theorized that a large stalk would eventually help improve capilary circulation when the plant needs it most in the next phases, so this was an attempt to determine how much light bulbs might be required to stop early elongation leading to leaflets in need of a tutor just to stay vertical. The larger the better it seemed and CFLs did a great job at it, but that was only 1 aspect of spidermite fighting while the primary goal was to enjoy a plant's presence, as some contemplative window-sill hobby... Which is why i didn't care much for a risk of producing male organs as long as those would have looked healthy; in fact the idea of producing my own autofem seeds felt so appealing such "Plan-B" prospect even became desirable! Too bad my "opportunity window" proved too short simply to explore all that i had in mind. This occured in 2012 and only a few years after i finally moved to a place where all things cannabis got demonized by retro-active law.

So now i envy you people, because all that is left of it is photo collections to refresh my memories.

Good day, have fun!! Image
Vaporist of Borg.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Egzoset wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:48 pm
Salutations TicTok,
Tictok wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 am
Not sure what you mean bro, as in when they were seedlings?
Lets illustrate my question with a couple old snapshots:

At the time i theorized that a large stalk would eventually help improve capilary circulation when the plant needs it most in the next phases, so this was an attempt to determine how much light bulbs might be required to stop early elongation leading to leaflets in need of a tutor just to stay vertical. The larger the better it seemed and CFLs did a great job at it, but that was only 1 aspect of spidermite fighting while the primary goal was to enjoy a plant's presence, as some contemplative window-sill hobby... Which is why i didn't care much for a risk of producing male organs as long as those would have looked healthy; in fact the idea of producing my own autofem seeds felt so appealing such "Plan-B" prospect even became desirable! Too bad my "opportunity window" proved too short simply to explore all that i had in mind. This occured in 2012 and only a few years after i finally moved to a place where all things cannabis got demonized by retro-active law.

So now i envy you people, because all that is left of it is photo collections to refresh my memories.

Good day, have fun!! Image
Thanks for explaining, interesting stuff.

The original plant that got them had been vegged outside by a friend of a friend so when it was given to me it was massive and had a very large stalk. I had given it out as a cut of my NL keeper.

All things being equal, the plant was mainly infected on couple of branches but the overall yield was pitifully low and the smoke just below average for these cuts.

Difficult to tell how whether things would have been better or worse and may be strain dependant. The plant wasn't that keen on the transition from outdoor to indoor but who knows.

I've chalked it up to experience. Getting back on the horse currently.

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

Hard lesson learned.

Hope u get it sorted.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”