You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
TommyT
Known User

Re: Newbie

Post by TommyT »

Hmr81 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:21 pm
The whole grams per meter squared has me a bit confused when I'm trying to work out potential yield so if anyone can explain that to me I'd appreciate it( or point me in the right direction ).
First of all Welcome!
The "grams per meter squared" thing. There are so many variables that can change your yields it's hard to guess. Those yields are perfect case scenario.
I hope someone can explain it to both of us. :idn:
Purple Punch From Seedstockers
The other day when I was high I solved one of the world's greatest problems.
Unfortunately five minutes later I forgot what I was doing.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Hi HMR81,

Welcome firstly :)
I personally would drop the ph to 6.0-6.2 and I wouldnt worry about RH - but thats me. I am not a coco grower but we have some amazing ones here :)
Nice to hear someone found us from the podcast :)
Ignore the grams per meter squared - they are optimistic to say the least and there are too many variables. Just learn to grow first, then perfect techniques to try and hit numbers :)
In a tent that big, to be honest I would grow 4 but a very short veg personally.... or 1 larger one.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to GR420,

Grams to area or grams to watt are extremely effected by a number of factors. Environment, training, experience, lights.....list goes on.

My advice is to start a diary, explain all your kit, nutes, get some pics up and our guys will jump in and offer advice where needed. That way its all logged to if a issue comes up we can see what's been done.

I'll create your gallery now, this can be found on your profile page, you can add sub albums in your user control panel. Click your name top right.

You need 10 posts to post actual images or links so have a look about and get your posts to 10.

You have joined at a good time, we love Christmas here at GR420 and there are competitions all over the place and a party on the 27th.

If you need fast help someone is normally around In the chat box on the homepage.

You can use tapatalk to use this forum but I advice against it as lots of features are only available when using the site itself which works great on mobile and pc.

Make yourself at home!

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Watch shogun - someone here used them full strength if I remember and it was far too strong. Check your EC with a pen :)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

As Marcus says PH for veg is 5.8, but can be taken to 6.0, every strain is different. But I wouldnt be higher than that.

I'd not normally go anywhere near the recommended dose on a bottle. But I've bot used shogun. Best thing now is get a pic up. The gallery image button on the post box has a upload feature or you can upload them direct to your gallery.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

you measure the EC with a separate pen - it measures the levels of the salts in the water/nutrient mix. The runoff I am afraid I have never done - others here can better advise.

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

Hi and welcome along to the growroom

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Hmr81 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm
Can you recommend a good pen to measure EC?

I will definitely adjust my pH going forward. I have posted some pics up in my gallery.
I use one from Essentials - theres a review here somewhere. Others use Bluelab - I believe they do a model that measures PH and EC all in one :)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Dont rush decisions and better ask for an answer to something you don't know is the key to success grow :Stoned:

I use bluelab combo meter that reads both values

Wish you good luck buddy

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

hahaha fools seldom differ ;)

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”