You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

New Grower here!

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
ReeferSpin
Known User
Has thanked: 0

New Grower here!

Post by ReeferSpin »

Hi there, ReeferSpin here, have been slowly buying the equipment to hopefully go self sufficient on my q a week habit.

Never grown seriously much apart from the odd houseplant and the the odd friend or relative with an allotment.

I've got all the things to start, need to wait til after a holiday to start, and also need to build a stud wall to extend the grow are so I can have a bit of space to sit and smoke while tending to the grow.

I've got a mars hydro tent, 1.2 x 0.6 x 1.8 which fits perfectly in a little room a the back of my garage, that weirdly has a non flushing urinal and sink in - soon to be removed, am leaving the water supply, handy.

I've an invisible sun 250w 3000k and a 60w 4k. Got these July last year, so not the latest model, only starting building the lights today and after doing the 60w fine, the last molex connector snapped off the 250w have emailed invisible sun for help! Hope I can easily solder on a replacement. Or maybe return and upgrade to the newer ones / return, you never know! Don't mind as long as I get light!

Rvk 5" l1 with systemair re 1.5 - 5 step controller, rhino Pro filter, passive intake. I need a circulation fan, was thinking one of those black honeywell fans.

Have thermometer and hygrometer, heavy duty manual timer.

Plan on doing organic with biobizz LM & AM and perlite with biotabs starter kit, in smartpot autopot 18.9L pots with some clay pebbles as per instructions. Layering LM with perl on top of LM & AM with perl and AM and perl on the pebbles. Plan on only plain water in the reservoir when the system gets turned on.

Have just ordered and received some mephisto beans, 3 each of SC, 24K and TD. Got 5 of each, plus 5 CD and 2 HBSS. Wow. 22 for 9, crazy generous.

Any thoughts on approach? Might risk going on holiday in August for 5 days, with autopots, dunno, really excited to get started, especially after the years it's taken me to persuade the wife. Too much dodgy darknet bollocks and anxiety when the get taken over by the feds and the shittyness of dealers and the cost finally did it.

Sorry for length

Thanks for reading, I've been lurking and reading, you lot seem alright.

ReeferSpin

x

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Re: New Grower here!

Post by Inactive account »

Hi and welcome along Reeferspin
We’re a friendly and mad bunch
I’m sure the men will answer any questions u have happy growing

ReeferSpin
Known User

Post by ReeferSpin »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:Hi and welcome along Reeferspin
We’re a friendly and mad bunch
I’m sure the men will answer any questions u have happy growing
Thanks for the welcome Mrs Beefheart!

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Welcome, my main concern would be humidity and temps tbh, if you can insulate and have it 100% stealthy ( carbon filter etc ) and a controller, you should be ok. I dont know much about your medium though tbh, I stick to water :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

welcome along dude, sounds like youve done some solid research. i dont think we have seen an auto pot diary here so will interesting to watch

besides that i can only wish ya the best of luck and say its good to have you :)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Hey man, welcome!

If you're going to go ahead and use the all mix then 5 days without a feed wont kill your plants, they'll just be thirsty as fuck when you get back. No worries there. EDIT: just re-read and youre using autopots so no real worries at all, but even if you didn't 5 days without a drink won't kill anything.

Autos in soil, like you're doing, is a great way to start growing I reckon. Can't wait to see some photos when you're set up. I've used biobizz soil and nutes, I'll help anyway I can if you need it dude.

So will everyone else on here though!
Last edited by ohlordyeah_420 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

ReeferSpin
Known User

Post by ReeferSpin »

GMO wrote:welcome along dude, sounds like youve done some solid research. i dont think we have seen an auto pot diary here so will interesting to watch

besides that i can only wish ya the best of luck and say its good to have you :)
Thanks fella, it's my thing is to read and research forever, drives the wife nuts

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to the forum buddy!

ReeferSpin
Known User

Post by ReeferSpin »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:Hey man, welcome!

If you're going to go ahead and use the all mix then 5 days without a feed wont kill your plants, they'll just be thirsty as fuck when you get back. No worries there.
Autos in soil, like you're doing, is a great way to start growing I reckon. Can't wait to see some photos when you're set up. I've used biobizz soil and nutes, I'll help anyway I can if you need it dude.

So will everyone else on here though!
Cheers mate, thanks, I'm sure I'll be asking for help

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Welcome to the Growroom, mate. Make yourself at home.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”