You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Long time User First time grower.

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
SmallTimer

Long time User First time grower.

Post by SmallTimer »

Hi guys I am very new to growing, I have wanted to do it all my life but never got round to it after a change in my life I found I needed something to focus on and here I am.

I have gone with this as my setup

Bay6 1x1x2 Grow Tent
Mars Hydro TS1000 150W LED
RVK4" Fan with a CarboAIR 50 filter
No intake fan but have ducting going in to tent and it's drawing room in from the room.

I have decided to go Coco for my first run and am using

Canna Coco Pro Plus
Canna Vega Start
Rhizotonic
Cannazym
Canna Coco A+B
PK13/14
Shogun Active Boost
Canna Flush
Green Emerald CalMag

I was going to run 4 plants in 3.6l Rhizopots and veg shorter but have decided to drop two pots and now have two remaining I intend to switch these out to 23L Rhizopots

The seeds I am using is Bruce Banner #3 by BSB Genetics they germinated well and have now been in the pots two days

I buffered the Coco with CalMag and added a Vega Start mix in to pot it seems very wet so I am reluctant to water it further now till I see signs of growth. I plan to add CalMag to every other feed

I have read on this forum and else where to stop worrying about my PH levels and EC readings this has really been making my head spin I believe it's because I am using cheap meters sourced from ebay I am thinking to just let water settle to room temp and mix and water.

That's all I have to share right now I'll keep you updated and if you can spot any signs in my setup let me know :)
These users thanked the author SmallTimer for the post (total 5):
Inactive account (Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:00 pm) • GMO (Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:05 pm) • Keeno (Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 pm) • Thrasherdude (Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:13 pm) • anova.330 (Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Re: Long time User First time grower.

Post by Inactive account »

SmallTimer wrote:Hi guys I am very new to growing, I have wanted to do it all my life but never got round to it after a change in my life I found I needed something to focus on and here I am.

I have gone with this as my setup

Bay6 1x1x2 Grow Tent
Mars Hydro TS1000 150W LED
RVK4" Fan with a CarboAIR 50 filter
No intake fan but have ducting going in to tent and it's drawing room in from the room.

I have decided to go Coco for my first run and am using

Canna Coco Pro Plus
Canna Vega Start
Rhizotonic
Cannazym
Canna Coco A+B
PK13/14
Shogun Active Boost
Canna Flush
Green Emerald CalMag

I was going to run 4 plants in 3.6l Rhizopots and veg shorter but have decided to drop two pots and now have two remaining I intend to switch these out to 23L Rhizopots

The seeds I am using is Bruce Banner #3 by BSB Genetics they germinated well and have now been in the pots two days

I buffered the Coco with CalMag and added a Vega Start mix in to pot it seems very wet so I am reluctant to water it further now till I see signs of growth. I plan to add CalMag to every other feed

I have read on this forum and else where to stop worrying about my PH levels and EC readings this has really been making my head spin I believe it's because I am using cheap meters sourced from ebay I am thinking to just let water settle to room temp and mix and water.

That's all I have to share right now I'll keep you updated and if you can spot any signs in my setup let me know :)
Hi and welcome along to the growroom you found the best place to join
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
SmallTimer (Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 am) • Thrasherdude (Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:13 pm)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

Hello and welcome to the forum. You will find areas to read and post about just about anything having to do with cannabis, along with contests, and off topic fun stuff as well.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
SmallTimer (Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

welcome to the fun house buddy

you will probably want to look to eventually upgrade to more light and deffo better EC and pH meters as youll want them to know whats going on with your feeds

im also reluctant to say the use of calmag that often would be needed yet. also canna coco pro plus come pre buffered so its ready to use out of the bag

id also wait till thje medium dries before watering again
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

SmallTimer

Post by SmallTimer »

GMO wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:05 pm
welcome to the fun house buddy

you will probably want to look to eventually upgrade to more light and deffo better EC and pH meters as youll want them to know whats going on with your feeds

im also reluctant to say the use of calmag that often would be needed yet. also canna coco pro plus come pre buffered so its ready to use out of the bag

id also wait till thje medium dries before watering again
I planned on getting the 300W light but finances would not allow I will probably add another 15OW in the near future.

I never knew about Canna Coco Pro plus coming buffered out of the bag that was a mistake I won't make again lol

I'll hold off with the CalMag now I think I am being over cautious.

I have read so much and sometimes it just all turns in to a massive heap of mess lol so I am always open to ideas and changes
These users thanked the author SmallTimer for the post:
GMO (Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 pm)

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Welcome aboard. I’d wait till the pot almost dry till I’d next water and then use a shot glasses or 2 for first week, then the first proper feeding would be at 5-10% of the pot size. Then day 2 start working on my 20-30% runoff.
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post:
Where the salts go, the water will follow

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to GR420,

Growing really is a great way to focus the mind and I think it will serve your purpose of needing something to focus on.

You have a nice setup, as mentioned the light may be a bit under powered but it will suffice for your first grow.

PH is important in Coco, EC can be and id recommend you start out by using it. Once you know your water and get used to feeding its not as vital.

You are using a lot of nutrients, the full canna range is not needed imo but you have it do may as well make use of it. Feed light, the recommended doses on the bottles will often be more than needed.

Apart from that keep it simple, don't try and overcomplicare your approach and keep it fun and the plants will do the rest.

Make yourself at home.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I am seeing lots of plant love too quick, the girls will tell you what they need.go big or get stoned,nice set up
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
SmallTimer (Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:16 am)

SmallTimer

Post by SmallTimer »

Been a few days since I checked in, but I followed your advice and left them alone for a few days plant #1 popped up nicely on Tuesday but plant #2 struggled it popped up but was encased by the seed I left it like this for 24 hours hoping it would sort itself out, and it probably would have I think, but I gave it a helping hand the seed came off, but the leaves was still stuck together everything had formed I left them till today when I helped gently separate the leaves it opened nicely. I gave it about 40ml of liquid a day from a syringe as droplets

I took your advice on P.H and I can't afford an expensive meter, so I am using the cheap calibrated china one alongside PH test drops I

My plant feed was 6.3 and the Coco was measuring 6.4-6.3

I am a little confused about EC after researching I believe it's the same as PPM and s/cm

My plant feed was 649 s/cm and 325PPM I think this was too low, but I made a weak solution I think I have seen I am looking for a 400PPM reading at seedling state.

Measuring the Coco I am getting very low readings #1 is 50 s/cm 8PPM and #2 is 11s/cm 15PPM does this mean the coco has no nutrients in it?

I am sorry if my questions seem really dumb lol I am trying to learn :)

p.s I also invested in a bottle of Ecothrive Neutralise to try and remove Chloramine as I know my waterboard uses them was this a wise decision?
Last edited by SmallTimer on Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author SmallTimer for the post:
MommaB (Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:47 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

I grow in coco qnd only use canna a&b and ph down then in flower I use canna pk. I’m not familiar with some of what you mentioned but I’ve got a groove going of being one of the anti snake oil crew the less I can put into my plants chemical wise the happier I am. Sounds like you got a good start going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
SmallTimer (Sun May 02, 2021 4:04 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”