seymore_budz (Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:01 am)

Wizard
Respected Member

Re: Macro photography

Post by Wizard »

ImageImageImageImage
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post:
Keeno (Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:53 pm)
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:53 pm) • Wizard (Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:32 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

duke wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:07 pm
cool pics keeno i do like pics,i bought a usb scope but im to shaky to use it and it makes my trichomes square! :rage:
I know that problem mate, for every clear picture there are 30 blurry ones 😂🙈

I got one of them phone type lenses, they clip over the camera. Surprised how good they come out for what it is.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Wizard (Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:32 pm) • Egzoset (Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:33 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 4):
duke (Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:43 pm) • Wizard (Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:32 pm) • Egzoset (Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:35 pm) • sybarite (Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 pm)

Back Room Farmer

Post by Back Room Farmer »

this next grow I plan to deep dive into macro

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations,

The mentions of images turning blurred because of movement sounded absolutely relevant to me: think of some tripod support when buying! Short and long... Of course the matter of lighting was on-topic as well, considering the cost of such hobby it only makes sense anyway... A long time ago i've had an opportunity to play with Canon's EOS software (mine is the old Rebel T3); the most obvious benefit was convenient comfort and a significant gain of time, but i didn't have diffuse ring-lighting and much less a 2nd lense assembly for 100 X macro-photo sessions. So it all went the cheap way instead...
Egzoset wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:15 pm
...inside the nuggets:

That's part of the trade-offs required to render that magic hobby more affordable to the masses, while remote manual adjustment of a snapshot must feel like icing on the cake i shall admit!

Which reminds me that i once searched for 3rd-party programs like those evoked below, using SiC Foam from my VG pipe as one fair reticle substitute, to evaluate picture quality differences...
Egzoset wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:56 pm
...works fine with all this software:

Aveo Technology - "USB2.0 Camera" (Ven/Prod 1871:7670)
Perhaps it would help motivate future macro-photo hobbyists to check if there ain't any GNU (Win/Lin) freeware to match more evolved cameras for them, though it's still going to translate into a bulky installation - another trade-off besides economics i guess.

The opportunity "window" passed years ago in my case but i kept good memories of it, even if the best i had in the begining was just an ordinary/budget Kodak EasyShare Z915, definitely NOT producing nice seed close-ups as those found in the present thread, for example:

Fair but clearly not as impressive. Not to mention i must have been lucky to pick a device that would work even at relatively short distances and using no macro lenses...

Good day, have fun!! Image
Vaporist of Borg.

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Ukbudz wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:00 am
So this is my little setup at the moment. I use my google pixel 2 with the 100mm apexel lens on a stabilised gimble with a clip on ring light, the Panasonic lumix fz100 which I always thought was a dslr turns out isn't :lol: its a bridge camera :idn: Though I'm currently looking at getting a telephoto conversion lens for this with a macro lens which if my research is correct I should be able to then take macros from a tripod with it, though if any experts want to correct me or even better give me a cheaper option that would be great :lol:
I realise this is an old thread, but I use an extension tube with my Lumix DMC-GX80, much cheaper than a macro lens and works pretty well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MK-P-AF3A-Exte ... B06XTMWMVJ

Took this with it:

I'll get a proper macro lens eventually when I'm not so skint. I'm surprised by the quality of some of these phone pics though. I bought one of those these and could not get results like that - tried to return it and they just gave my money back without me sending the piece of crap back, suggesting it really was just a piece of crap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HVR9Q1H

Return to “Music, Movies & Multimedia”