Derick Gilman - DIY automatic curing system

Music, movies, hardbacks & more
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Derick Gilman - DIY automatic curing system

Post by seymore_budz »

Saw this and thought it was cool. Cheap to make and if you have a lot of bud to cure I think it woulf work awesome.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Wizard
Respected Member

Re: Derick Gilman - DIY automatic curing system

Post by Wizard »

funny i just watched that video today , only thing i dont like is the buds in plastic , if this could be done with glass jars id be game
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Wizard wrote:funny i just watched that video today , only thing i dont like is the buds in plastic , if this could be done with glass jars id be game
They would be some big ass glass jars... but you've got me thinking
grumpygrower wrote:Saw this and thought it was cool. Cheap to make and if you have a lot of bud to cure I think it woulf work awesome.

Good find, could be good if someone need chop before going away for some time aswell

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Wizard wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:27 am
funny i just watched that video today , only thing i dont like is the buds in plastic , if this could be done with glass jars id be game
I think the plastic vs soil argument comes from some plastics leave bad tastes etc. I think if you choose the right containers and make sure they're air tight I doubt there is much difference. If you look at the guys curing at scale, they're all using plastic over glass as it's not viable to cure hundreds of kilos in glass. I watched a video the other day where a guy was talking about using climate controlled drums that can be sealed and transported to buildings elsewhere, then hooked up to a machine that rotates the drums and controls burping. I'd love to see that shit as it sounds awesome :)

@GMO, that's a great reason why you might want to set one of these up. It also makes it easy to process and move the product about with as little human interaction as possible. Keeping contaminants to a minimum and stopping unwanted smells leaking out.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

i believe the glass - plastic arguement is due to the polar charge on the molecules. plastic attracts crystals where glass is i dont believe does

Return to “Music, Movies & Multimedia”