GR420 Radio - Bob Marley Day !!

Music, movies, hardbacks & more
Smokey

GR420 Radio - Bob Marley Day !!

Post by Smokey »

Hello GrowRoom420,

We will be celebrating the legacy of Bob Marley here on GR420 Radio this coming Wednesday to celebrate the late stars birthday on 6th February. Bob would have been 74 years young this year.

I will be playing music from Bob Marley’s catalogue alllll day in honour ranging from his earliest ska recordings right up until his very last Album. I will also be playing many tracks from many different members of the Marley family also from Bob’s brothers and sisters and many great tracks from some of his children too in loving memory.

Robert Nesta Marley 06/02/1945 - 11/05/1981

Bob Marley was born Robert Nesta Marley on February 6, 1945 in Saint Ann, Jamaica. His father, Norval Sinclair Marley, was a white Englishman and his mother, Cedelia Booker, was a black Jamaican. Bob Marley died of cancer in Miami, FL on May 11, 1981. Marley had 12 children, four by his wife Rita, and was a devout Rastafarian.

Early Life
Bob Marley's father died when he was 10 years old, and his mother moved with him to Kingston's Trenchtown neighborhood after his death. As a young teen, he befriended Bunny Wailer, and they learned to play music together. At 14, Marley dropped out of school to learn the welding trade, and spent his spare time jamming with Bunny Wailer and ska musician Joe Higgs.

Bob Marley & the Wailers
The Wailers' 1974 album Burnin' contained "I Shot The Sheriff" and "Get Up, Stand Up," both of which gathered cult followings in both the U.S. and Europe. The same year, however, the Wailers broke up to pursue solo careers. At this point, Marley had made a full transition from ska and rocksteady to a new style, which would forever be called reggae. Bob Marley continued to tour and record as "Bob Marley & the Wailers," though he was the only original Wailer in the group. In 1975, "No Woman, No Cry" became Bob Marley's first major breakthrough hit song, and his subsequent album Rastaman Vibration became a Billboard Top 10 Album.

Death
In 1977, Marley found a wound on his foot, which he believed to be a soccer injury, but was later discovered to be malignant melanoma. Doctors recommended an amputation of his toe, but he refused for religious reasons. The cancer eventually spread. When he finally decided to get medical help (in 1980), the cancer had become terminal. He wanted to die in Jamaica, but could not withstand the flight home, and died in Miami. His final recording, at Pittsburgh's Stanley Theatre, was recorded and released for posterity as Bob Marley and the Wailers Live Forever.

Marley Natural
Marley Natural is the official cannabis brand of Bob Marley, developed by his estate in conjunction with the private equity firm Privateer Holdings, which develops cannabis industry brands. The brand is based in Seattle, Washington.

Marley Natural offers three categories of goods: cannabis (whole flower, pre-rolls, and oil cartridges), body care products, and lifestyle accessories including smoking accessories. Marley Natural body care and smoking accessories are available online

https://www.marleynatural.com/

See you there

“Irie Mon”

DJ Smokey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Re: GR420 Radio - Bob Marley Day !!

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Awesome, got a day off weds. Will be skanking in the groom. 😎
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Awesome stuff Smokey, some banging tunes on the way!

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I'll be digging deep into the record crates for this one 1977 thru 2002

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

CURRENTLY HAVE A FEW GREMLINS LURKING WITH THE SERVERS !!!

I'm trying to resolve, thanks for your patience

DJ Smokey

Return to “Music, Movies & Multimedia”