Should the UK move towards legalising cannabis?

World news & political affairs
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Should the UK move towards legalising cannabis?

Post by The Aspie Toker »

The Liberal Democrats have a pledge to legalise cannabis in their manifesto.

They are promising to create a regulated market for the drug in order for the government to control distribution and tax the sales to raise new revenues.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n ... g-17361000
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Tictok
Known User

Re: Should the UK move towards legalising cannabis?

Post by Tictok »

It could do with being decriminalised but full legalisation will only be done to open the door for corporate domination of the market.

Legalisation will bring cannabis to many people that really need it and one argument is that the taxes from legal grows and supply will be used for good (schools/education/NHS) but that's not guaranteed. I heard that some states in America use the taxes for education but california I think just use the money for enforcement of unlicensed grows.

If legalisation in the UK brought about a law where a hobby grower can have a certain amount of plants, without registering anything then great, bring it on.

However I am concerned that legalisation may just force more government control, corporate greed and the squashing of the hobby/mid scale grower that just wants to provide medicine for the community.
If this is the case, we'll all be growing on the down low........ Which we are anyway.

Return to “World News & Current Affairs”