Rik’s ABV Coconut Canna Butter

Cannabis Cooking and Recipes

Rik’s ABV Coconut Canna Butter

Post by Guest »

Thanks for taking the time to read my butter recipe. I’ve been using this method and tweaking it for over a year now with good results.

I use a slow cooker for this and brew up my ABV for 24-28 hours so you’ll need to give yourself time and space to sort it properly from start to finish. Also don’t be tricked into thinking because it has already been vapourized that it won’t smell. I can tell you it does STINK. So be warned it would stink your whole house out.

Something you may want to take into consideration if using trim or flower for this recipe, is a little tip I have heard from Spartan Grown on one of the podcasts. He stated his partner didn’t like the green taste the butter gave. So apparently you can soak in water all your material. The water will go off colour as it dissolves all the chlorophyll out of the leaf etc….. Then after draining most of the water you can put in a kilner jar with a loose lid and a towel wrapped around it in the oven to dry then decarboxylate.

I use 4 300ml glass jars of organic unprocessed coconut butter. I try to steer clear of the pure white processed stuff. Then I have 2 500ml tubs full of ABV added in there with water to stop it burning. The slow cooker is a family sized one and this will fill it to it’s maximum line. Here is an example:

The process is very simple. You just put your butter in (normal full butter can be used also) with some water, let it all melt and then sprinkle and stir in your ABV and then let it stew away.

Also coconut butter can be used for making sweets and/or other recipes making it a much more versatile way to infuse your much loved and hard earned Cannabis.

Now here is a list off everything I use to make things easy for everyone to grasp:
  • Family sized slow cooker
  • Reuseable muslin cloth or cheese cloth
  • 4 300ml tubs of organic coconut oil
  • Pint of water or more
  • 1000ml tub full of ABV (stalks and anything else can be included)
  • Somewhere that you don't mind stinking out (you don't want to be in the dog house after all!)
  • Hear resistant gloves to protect your hands when draning
  • A large bowl to straiun into
  • Fridge or cold pantry
  • Seive to act like a big Tea bag strainer
  • Kettle
So, after you have cooked up your stinky treat and stirred every few hours (I often leave overnight with extra water so not to burn it) use your gloves and strain into your cloth into the seive, over the bowl. Squeeze every last drop out like it's your worst enemy :lol: Get every bit of THC and THCV out that you can :ak:

Leave this covered up in the fridge and within 12 hours you should get a hard layer on top. You can have great fun breaking this up but be careful not to splash any of the water underneath! This will contain a lot of carbon deposits burnt from the vaping (if you burn the odd vape at 230 degrees like me). It's often black and stinks, don't worry any THC should have been held onto fats in the oil/butter, all this is waste.

Now it's time to clean your butter. Now this is an important bit. I have perfected getting the taste right for me and if youdon't take these last steps you'll end up with rocks, not cookies that taste too bitter/sour.

If you manage to get your butterout of the large bowl in one hit then turn this over and use a butter knife to scrape any black mess stuck to it. Now place in a clean bowl and melt it all with fresh boiling water. Place back into the fridge covered up and repeat this process uintil you stop getting any black deposits.

Now this gives my 3-4 250 gram bags of butter which I freeze. Then I leave out the night before using in a bowl on the side. The next day you can then cook what you like.

Also don't be fooled into thinking ABV cooking won't get you stioned. I can tell you they can still give you a fair kick :lol: :dance: :rock:

A link to my cookie recipe:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9672

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Happy cooking :bye:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Sage (Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:39 am) • Vador (Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:14 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Sage
Respected Member

Re: Rik’s ABV Coconut Canna Butter

Post by Sage »

I suggest adding soy lecithin. It is an emulsifier Lecithin itself has both water-soluble and oil-soluble parts allowing your THC to more readily bind to the milk fats in the butter(or oil fats making infused oil) and then helps the fats bind to water soluble ingredients. Such ingredients in you final recipe could be things that are water-based including sugar and cocoa, and in some recipes, water itself.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
Guest (Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:04 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Post by Guest »

Sage wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:39 am
I suggest adding soy lecithin. It is an emulsifier Lecithin itself has both water-soluble and oil-soluble parts allowing your THC to more readily bind to the milk fats in the butter(or oil fats making infused oil) and then helps the fats bind to water soluble ingredients. Such ingredients in you final recipe could be things that are water-based including sugar and cocoa, and in some recipes, water itself.
Cool 😎 I've never heard of that.

Thanks @Sage 👍
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Sage (Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:09 am)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

:Stoned: Gummys use lecithin with jello for sweetness,,yes it works... I just eat the straight butta :Stoned:
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
Sage (Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:23 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Tis a right a waste of time using AVB weed to make owt if you wanna get high imo, really I've used sack loads and nowt works to get me high. Maybe it has med side type benefits but if your looking to get high nah it does squat.

I would think ABV doesn't contain any chlorophyll, i might be wrong though.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
Vador (Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:12 am) • Guest (Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:20 pm) • Hmr81 (Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:02 pm) • Morty420 (Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:26 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

I tend to agree @2-Scoops, tried saving up my avb and extracted into oil, made cakes and brownies but didn’t get anything from them, even the mrs didn’t get a buzz and she never touches weed.
Nice recipe though
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:59 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Post by Guest »

Naaa you lot are doing something different to what I'm doing then :lol:

I've got high AF using ABV cookies.
2-Scoops (Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:00 am)

Post by Guest »

I have also found you really need to slow cook it for 24 to 48 hours for it to work.

Also depends on how much you vape your weed.
Vador (Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:11 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:22 pm
I have also found you really need to slow cook it for 24 to 48 hours for it to work.

Maybe that’s where I went wrong, 3 hours in the slow cooker stirring every now and then.
My avb is fairly light brown as well, my vape gets to about 190c
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Guest (Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:10 am)

Post by Guest »

Vador wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:12 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Maybe that’s where I went wrong, 3 hours in the slow cooker stirring every now and then.
My avb is fairly light brown as well, my vape gets to about 190c
I throw all stems in too. Wouldn't say you went wrong, you just did it differently. 😀

I think eating has a wide variety in effect from person to person too unlike smoking or vaping.

I have a recipe I use with fresh ginger in and stemmed ginger. That used to calm the stomach down after lunch and it also has good anti immflamatory effects I think, also lowers blood pressure slightly.
Sort of like a medicinal cookie 🍪 😋
Vador (Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:53 am)

Return to “The Great Canna Bake Off!”