canna tea

Cannabis Cooking and Recipes
exordium

canna tea

Post by exordium »

Well, since my first grow hasn't been a success. I may as well use the fan leaves to make some canna tea. Has anyone done this before?
These users thanked the author exordium for the post:
Greenfingers (Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:46 am)

Greenfingers
Known User

Re: canna tea

Post by Greenfingers »

These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:52 am) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:32 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

exordium wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:18 am
Well, since my first grow hasn't been a success. I may as well use the fan leaves to make some canna tea. Has anyone done this before?
Maybe a better option would be to simmer the leaves in a full fat milk for a good while and have a cup of coco before bed or a milky coffee for brekkie. Reason being the fats should strip away any goodness that`s in the leaves, i don`t think making a cuppa-T will do anything special like that if your on about making a brew with a Tetleys T-bag or any other T-bag for that matter. Basically its just like making magic butter, well it is in theory, its the fats that works it magic on the weed stripping away all goodies and in doing so taking them on . 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:56 pm) • MrNice (Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:08 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:57 pm
Or get to lidl and grab a jar of this to warm it through with on low.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/deluxe/delu ... oil/p15388

Then pour back into jar after straining it, let it cool, pop in cupboard and scoop a spoon out when you want some and whack it into your hot milf.

:oik!:

*milk but I'm leaving that spelling mistake in.

:lol:
Have you tried the coconut oil in coffee or a hot drink ? Man i slung 2 x 10/1rso bio bombs in a coffee, it smashed me but its not for me, first sip i had i was nearly :sick: it tasted that shitty, i had to wait till coffee was luke warm and down it in one. Still it hit right spot mind and got me wrecked, but nowt down for loadsa oil floating on top of my coffee. :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Marcus (Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:45 pm)

Ghost_In_A_Jar

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

How long would you want to boil/simmer the leaves for before you think they would have any effect? Or give any real taste....

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Gupz wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:34 am
How long would you want to boil/simmer the leaves for before you think they would have any effect? Or give any real taste....
Feck knows ive never done it and i wouldn`t do it tbh myself cus i think its gonna be a waste of time, twas just a suggestion i thought a much better option than making weed tea. But when i run butter which works along same principle as full fat milk on weed by fats stripping out weedy goodness, well i run it at least 4 hours but usually overnight in my slow cooker.

A much better way that i don`t think be such a waste of time would be to use coconut oil/butter and make it like you would butter then just pop a blob in your coffee, tea or food maybe 8-)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

we made coconut oil the other day, as 2-Scoops says, it taste like shit to be fair. But bake with it or cook with it, perhaps you could melt some in a coffee although i think that would taste like crap too. P5 made some shortbread cookies but they still dont taste great so going to coat them in flavoured choc later and get it down my neck lol.

No idea how long infusing milk would take, i guess in theory about the same time as oil(we did 4 hours) but not sure how the milk to take to that, perhaps try using condensed milk?
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:41 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Ghost_In_A_Jar

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

So my thought was that it would make a pretty awesome hot chocolate....but I think 4 hours is a long prep time lol I'll stick with the brownies for now
These users thanked the author Ghost_In_A_Jar for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:41 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Hmr81 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:59 pm
we made coconut oil the other day, as 2-Scoops says, it taste like shit to be fair. But bake with it or cook with it, perhaps you could melt some in a coffee although i think that would taste like crap too. P5 made some shortbread cookies but they still dont taste great so going to coat them in flavoured choc later and get it down my neck lol.

No idea how long infusing milk would take, i guess in theory about the same time as oil(we did 4 hours) but not sure how the milk to take to that, perhaps try using condensed milk?
Tbh Hmr i don`t think you can get rid of taste of weed when baking buns or cookies with weed butter or oils etc man ive tried. Best i came up with to mask the taste was mint chokki chip or almond flavoured cookies all rest your pissing in wind but mint chokki chip masks taste best if your wanting to do that, myself i do like the weed flavour taste.

Battenburg (almond flavouring) shortbread is easiest to make and best cus it uses more butter and more butter = even more wankered in my book. :)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Yep i agree mate, im thinking of very sour or high flavoured gummies next to see if i can make them "nicer" lol.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:48 pm)

Return to “The Great Canna Bake Off!”