carrier oils what is best?

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
duke
Respected Member

carrier oils what is best?

Post by duke »

Just thought i would share this with you guys its by a knowledgable source in whom i trust called chew,peace

What is a carrier oil?

Carrier oils “carry” essential oils into our skin or tissues and also into our blood stream depending of delivery method.

What does bio-availability mean?

This refers to the amount of a drug, that reaches the blood regardless of delivery method.

When using cannabis oil for medical purposes it’s vital to get the most from your meds. Ingesting raw cannabis oil is effective but most of what’s ingested goes to waste as the bio-availability is so poor. Only around 20% of what’s taken orally actually gets absorbed and made use of. The other issue with ingesting raw oil is it’s extremely powerful and the high is intense. So to be clear, if you were to ingest 1 gram of straight cannabis oil (I do not recommend anyone does this!) you only benefit, medically from around 200 mg.

Adding raw cannabis oil to carrier oils increases the bio-availability rate massively. In fact, up to around 80%. You can now see how important this is. You’re getting a much larger dose whilst saving huge amounts of oil.

There are many carrier oils that can be used but the most popular seem to be the following three…

Flaxseed oil (organic cold pressed)
Extra virgin olive oil
Coconut oil

As i’m sure you are all aware, all three have their own health benefits, but which once is best suited for me?

Flaxseed

Flax is a Long-chained fatty acids. To my knowledge, these get pulled out of the gut and passed into the lymphatic system because the enzymes that act on them are found there, not in the liver.

Flax is amazing and is my choice of carrier oil for medical use, however, if treating an estogen-based cancer, such as some breast cancers, you should avoid this. My understanding is that estrogen-based breast cancer will proliferate in the presence of estrogen. The lignans in flaxseed oil are a functional match to estrogen. So by using Flaxseed oil as the carrier, it may encourage tumour cells to grow and proliferate which is why it should be avoided. Use extra virgin olive oil instead.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

A good all round carrier oil and very easy to purchase from all big supermarkets

Coconut Oil

Targets the liver. For recreational use, this is awesome :) And is also the carrier of choice for liver cancer. When you're targeting liver cancer it's very important to use competitive inhibition. The cells you're targeting are right there in the liver where the enzymes that metabolise the THC are created, so you need lots going on to distract the enzymes, allowing the cannabinoids enough time to locate and attach to tumour cells.

What is Competitive Inhibition

THC is metabolised by particular enzymes in the liver. When THC is metabolised into 11-hydroxy-THC it's no longer medically usable, in other words it won't fight cancer cells.

There are a couple supplements you can take, amentoflavone and apigenin. These plant compounds are metabolised by those very same enzymes. The idea is to take supplements 30-45 min before the dose. This way it's expected that the liver enzymes won't be able to be created in enough numbers fast enough to get the cannabinoids when they eventually enter the liver. If we're successful, more cannabinoids get through, back out into the body and looking for attachment points.

We've created competition for the cannabinoids to inhibit the enzymes.

I’m no expert, far from it, and I’ve put this together to the very best of my knowledge. I hope some of you find it useful :)

Mon the Oil!
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:28 pm) • wutang (Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:41 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

wutang
Known User

Re: carrier oils what is best?

Post by wutang »

duke wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:27 pm
Just thought i would share this with you guys its by a knowledgable source in whom i trust called chew,peace

What is a carrier oil?

Carrier oils “carry” essential oils into our skin or tissues and also into our blood stream depending of delivery method.

What does bio-availability mean?

This refers to the amount of a drug, that reaches the blood regardless of delivery method.

When using cannabis oil for medical purposes it’s vital to get the most from your meds. Ingesting raw cannabis oil is effective but most of what’s ingested goes to waste as the bio-availability is so poor. Only around 20% of what’s taken orally actually gets absorbed and made use of. The other issue with ingesting raw oil is it’s extremely powerful and the high is intense. So to be clear, if you were to ingest 1 gram of straight cannabis oil (I do not recommend anyone does this!) you only benefit, medically from around 200 mg.

Adding raw cannabis oil to carrier oils increases the bio-availability rate massively. In fact, up to around 80%. You can now see how important this is. You’re getting a much larger dose whilst saving huge amounts of oil.

There are many carrier oils that can be used but the most popular seem to be the following three…

Flaxseed oil (organic cold pressed)
Extra virgin olive oil
Coconut oil

As i’m sure you are all aware, all three have their own health benefits, but which once is best suited for me?

Flaxseed

Flax is a Long-chained fatty acids. To my knowledge, these get pulled out of the gut and passed into the lymphatic system because the enzymes that act on them are found there, not in the liver.

Flax is amazing and is my choice of carrier oil for medical use, however, if treating an estogen-based cancer, such as some breast cancers, you should avoid this. My understanding is that estrogen-based breast cancer will proliferate in the presence of estrogen. The lignans in flaxseed oil are a functional match to estrogen. So by using Flaxseed oil as the carrier, it may encourage tumour cells to grow and proliferate which is why it should be avoided. Use extra virgin olive oil instead.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

A good all round carrier oil and very easy to purchase from all big supermarkets

Coconut Oil

Targets the liver. For recreational use, this is awesome :) And is also the carrier of choice for liver cancer. When you're targeting liver cancer it's very important to use competitive inhibition. The cells you're targeting are right there in the liver where the enzymes that metabolise the THC are created, so you need lots going on to distract the enzymes, allowing the cannabinoids enough time to locate and attach to tumour cells.

What is Competitive Inhibition

THC is metabolised by particular enzymes in the liver. When THC is metabolised into 11-hydroxy-THC it's no longer medically usable, in other words it won't fight cancer cells.

There are a couple supplements you can take, amentoflavone and apigenin. These plant compounds are metabolised by those very same enzymes. The idea is to take supplements 30-45 min before the dose. This way it's expected that the liver enzymes won't be able to be created in enough numbers fast enough to get the cannabinoids when they eventually enter the liver. If we're successful, more cannabinoids get through, back out into the body and looking for attachment points.

We've created competition for the cannabinoids to inhibit the enzymes.

I’m no expert, far from it, and I’ve put this together to the very best of my knowledge. I hope some of you find it useful :)

Mon the Oil!
Thanks for sharing. Useful to know. I need to save this. ✌🏽

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: carrier oils what is best?

Post by Keeno »

Loving all this info Duke. Fair play mate.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
duke (Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:47 pm)

Return to “Medical Cannabis”