Respected Member

Re: First time breeding

Post by seymore_budz »

KrazyDave wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:43 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
KrazyDave wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:24 pm
I quite like having something different growing each grow but I dont want to end up wasting time and money on something that could end up absolute garbage. I'll give the breeding a swerve.

Have you seen Sensi Seeds do test seeds? I think they're fresh lines or S1s for people to hunt with. I think.... I dont know. Gonna go find out though.
Yea man I've seen their white label lines. I've heard good things but I'm not sure what their model is because they don't require you give them feedback. My guess is it's their leftovers from their own research. A lottery and yes probably 70-80% of the legwork has been done..

Breeders are actually getting better although many scammers exist too. My rules are price means nothing as does marketing. The loudest breeders are normally the junk peddlers

I feel like I've pushed you away from walking the path though. Don't be discouraged! It's fun and there's nothing better than smoking your own strain! I've had fun over the years dropping beans and cuts around towns and giving them silly names and they make their way back to me years later :)
Oh and you ain't pushed me away, I'm just not looking to grow a fuck ton of plants.

I am however looking to keep some mums going. One of which is Purple Bud which apparently doesnt need cold to bring out the purple and I'm keen on the strawberry kush or the master kush. I might force the kush to pollinate, then use that on the Purple n see what happens. If I find a keeper, I'll keep her lol
Checkout Eletric Purps from BIG. Mine all went purple naturally
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
KD
Known User

Post by KD »

seymore_budz wrote:
KrazyDave wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:43 pm
seymore_budz wrote: Yea man I've seen their white label lines. I've heard good things but I'm not sure what their model is because they don't require you give them feedback. My guess is it's their leftovers from their own research. A lottery and yes probably 70-80% of the legwork has been done..

Breeders are actually getting better although many scammers exist too. My rules are price means nothing as does marketing. The loudest breeders are normally the junk peddlers

I feel like I've pushed you away from walking the path though. Don't be discouraged! It's fun and there's nothing better than smoking your own strain! I've had fun over the years dropping beans and cuts around towns and giving them silly names and they make their way back to me years later :)
Oh and you ain't pushed me away, I'm just not looking to grow a fuck ton of plants.

I am however looking to keep some mums going. One of which is Purple Bud which apparently doesnt need cold to bring out the purple and I'm keen on the strawberry kush or the master kush. I might force the kush to pollinate, then use that on the Purple n see what happens. If I find a keeper, I'll keep her lol
Checkout Eletric Purps from BIG. Mine all went purple naturally
I've already got the Purple Bud seeds but I'll check them out too. Maybe a crossing of the two would be interesting.
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
seymore_budz (Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:59 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Some seeds I produced from a these
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
KD (Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:25 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

The male was a beautiful. Proper danky smelling!

KD (Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:25 am)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

@seymore_budz I bet it's mint having a fist full of your own seeds like. Did you get lucky with stability or were they all different?

And if they were, how different do they get? Like totally or only a bit?
seymore_budz (Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:17 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

KrazyDave wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:26 am
@seymore_budz I bet it's mint having a fist full of your own seeds like. Did you get lucky with stability or were they all different?

Not grown them out yet but being an F2 they may be a little unstable. @GMO is growing some out for me but he's been hit with bugs quite bad. My main goal was to lock in that purps and hopefully get that coffee dank smell of the male. I'll run it soon enough. Got far too many seeds to grow out lol
KD (Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:33 am)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

seymore_budz wrote:
KrazyDave wrote:

Not grown them out yet but being an F2 they may be a little unstable. [mention]GMO[/mention] is growing some out for me but he's been hit with bugs quite bad. My main goal was to lock in that purps and hopefully get that coffee dank smell of the male. I'll run it soon enough. Got far too many seeds to grow out lol
So how does a strain go from being S1 to F1?
Guest (Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:11 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

KrazyDave wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:00 am
seymore_budz wrote:
KrazyDave wrote:

Not grown them out yet but being an F2 they may be a little unstable. @GMO is growing some out for me but he's been hit with bugs quite bad. My main goal was to lock in that purps and hopefully get that coffee dank smell of the male. I'll run it soon enough. Got far too many seeds to grow out lol
S1 is Self Pollinated F1 is pollenated by the same genotype
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Guest (Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:12 am) • grownnotflown420 (Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:19 am)

Post by Guest »

seymore_budz wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:03 am
KrazyDave wrote:
seymore_budz wrote:
My head is spinning already lol. I had no rabbit holes for ages, now I can't get out of them :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
grownnotflown420 (Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:19 am) • KD (Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 pm) • seymore_budz (Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:18 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

seymore_budz wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:03 am
KrazyDave wrote:
seymore_budz wrote:
Bro I'd love to have a smoke with you man ahaha, you seem full of all the information i want ahahaha! :puff puff:
These users thanked the author grownnotflown420 for the post:
seymore_budz (Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:18 pm)
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”