Snowdizzle x raskal fire og, back cross snowdizzle.

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
ShitsNgiggles
Has thanked: 0

Snowdizzle x raskal fire og, back cross snowdizzle.

Post by ShitsNgiggles »

So just a little breeding project for fun. Alphakronic snowdizzle (snow dawg x bubba kush x snow dawg 2) x raskal fire og bx (alien fire x fire og elite cut).

I chose a lovely snowdizzle mum and took clones. Snowdizzle struggles with humidity but raskal fire og does not. As there is a very high humidity out here in the ocean I needed to tailor this strain.

Mother chosen for aroma and resin production (really high) and moisture resistance. After clones taken they were placed under quantum board hlg 65 and two led e27 until rooted and then vegged.

The mother was pollinated with a raskal fire og regular male (male chosen for health, vigor, potency/resin production and flower density). Seeds grown out and collected. These seeds grown out and a male selected (same selection criteria).

This male was then crossed onto an original snowdizzle clone. This is a back cross. One way of achieving it anyways.

So now I've a squat little snowdizzle clone full of F2 seeds. Another 3-4 weeks and they will be ready to harvest. Spring here so my snow dizzle clone starting to re vege a little but that won't effect the seeds being produced. I had her under lights to set her to flower properly and loaded her with pollen.

I segregate males from my grow and grow them indoors or green house depending time of year, what else I've got growing etc. I collect and store the pollen. I then destroy the male usually after a number of weeks of flower to select the best breeder. Female taken to say green house if outdoor in pot. Pollen applied. 1/2 hour later mist with water. This will neutralize any remaining pollen.

Happy breeding. 😺

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
ShitsNgiggles

Re: Snowdizzle x raskal fire og, back cross snowdizzle.

Post by ShitsNgiggles »

I'll take some happy snaps of the mum to be in the morning. Still need figure out how to post them lols. 😸

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Very interesting pal

I'll be reading along

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

ShitsNgiggles

Post by ShitsNgiggles »

I'll be doing a Skywalker kush x raskal's fire og bx. Back crossing onto Skywalker kush at the f2 instead of f1. This will allow me to select the characteristics I want to introduce to the strain more fully before reintroducing the favoured patent strain making it pheno dominant.

Remember the male carries potency, vigour and certain growth characteristics. Female side more yield, terps etc. Carrying a strain past F2 can be difficult. You really need excellent pheno selection to carry through desired traits to the fullest. Back crossing helps reinforce particular parent strain characteristics without the need to grow a huge sample. Still a decent number of male candidates should be selected from even if the desired female attributes have been selected at f1 (clones femme seeds) or generationally (f1, f2,). Generational breeding requires a large sample group for best results.

ShitsNgiggles

Post by ShitsNgiggles »

Cheers GMO. I hope it can help some folk with their own home breeding projects.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Very very interesting ShitsNgiggles. Breding is something I am getting more and more interested in, unfortunately for now , it will be only reading and gathering information until I have the time and the resources to do so. I will be following with interest!

ShitsNgiggles

Post by ShitsNgiggles »

The work is already done folks. Now it's a case of letting the seeds ripen on the snowdizzle clone. Then I'll have the F2.

These seeds will be 75% snowdizzle pheno. However the addition of the kush og fire elite cut backcross x alien og the potency and humidity resistance will be excellent. Perfectly adapted to be disease and pest resistant. Capable of handling outdoor cultivation with guerilla techniques.

From here it's a case of carefully selecting the f2 parents to create the f3 progeny. Carrying that to f5 then creating two separate lines, each line has a different male and female parent. 4 plants need to be selected to create two lines, 6 for three. Each line should be bred separately in succession.

Once the strain degrades from excessive inbreeding it can be reinvigorated by crossing the two lines.

Unknown User
Been thanked: 0

Post by Unknown User »

This sounds mega interesting.
Following along.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

ShitsNgiggles

Post by ShitsNgiggles »

Just a pic of the seeded mum to be. Outdoors.Not expecting more then 40-50 beans. Taking a couple cuts from the lowest branches next few days. May do a double back cross.
Last edited by Bulls on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inmmm

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

missed this one, following :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”