how to make your own feminised seeds

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
duke
Respected Member

how to make your own feminised seeds

Post by duke »

hi all after wondering exactly what was involved with feminising seeds i found and read this article which gave me all the info i needed to make my own fem seeds for next to nothing,i hope it proves to be of use,

http://www.growweede...olloidal-silver

How to Make Your Own Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Making Feminized Marijuana Seeds at Home is Easy!
(How To Breed 2 Female Plants Together For Seeds)by Nebula Haze
Ever wondered how those marijuana seed banks make feminized seeds? When you "feminize" a seed, what that means is you're ensuring that the resulting seed will produce a female plant. Most growers only want to grow female cannabis plants, since the females plants are the only ones which grow buds/flowers.

It's actually pretty easy to feminize your own seeds, and you can easily make your own feminized marijuana seeds at home using the following technique.

"Feminized" seeds means all-female seeds, or marijuana seeds where 99.9% of the resulting plants will end up being female and grow the prized marijuana buds. When you have all-female plants, you won't have to throw any plants away because they end up being boys (male cannabis plants don't produce buds, only pollen).

How to Make Feminized Marijuana Seeds
The main idea is you get two female cannabis plants to make seeds with each other. With two female parents, all the resulting seeds end up being female, too.

The secret is a special substance known as "colloidal silver" which simply means water that has silver particles suspended in it. You can make colloidal silver at home (instructions below), with a colloidal silver generator, or you can purchase colloidal silver at health stores and online (some people drink it).

For some reason, when a female marijuana plant is exposed to colloidal silver during the early flowering stages, all the exposed parts which would normally grow THC-laden buds instead will grow male "balls" or pollen sacs. It "masculizes" the treated part of the plant.

Science: The concentration of silver ions in the water actually act as an ethylene inhibitor / antagonist on the plant, which forces the plant to create male pollen sacs instead of female buds.

The pollen produced from these special balls can be used to pollinate a female plant. Except since both pollen and bud come from female plants, you have two female cannabis parents and end up creating feminized cannabis seeds.

Where do I get colloidal silver? Instructions and information below. Image

Let me break it down for you:

Collect Pollen from Female Cannabis Plant

Step 1: You change one female marijuana plant to the flowering stage by changing the light schedule to 12-12 (12 hours light, 12 hours total darkness each day).

Step 2: Thoroughly mist the parts of the female cannabis plant that you'd like to grow male pollen sacs with colloidal silver solution every day. Keep misting with colloidal silver daily until she starts growing male "balls" full of pollen, usually after 10-14 days.

You don't have to keep misting with colloidal silver once the balls have formed. You can choose to treat just part of the plant, and only the parts that are misted with colloidal silver will change.

However, it is not safe to use any buds that have come into contact with colloidal silver so be very careful not to get in on any part of the plant you plan on directly smoking or consuming.

Where to get Colloidal Silver:

Buy Ready-To-Use Colloidal Silver: You can actually buy colloidal silver which has already been prepared and is ready for use. If you're purchasing colloidal silver, try to find a solution that has at least 30 PPM (parts per million) of silver. However, buying Colloidal Silver that is already prepared can get expensive if you're making lots of seeds.
Buy A Colloidal Silver Generator Kit: A cheaper long-term option is to buy a colloidal silver generator, so you can easily make your own endless supply of colloidal silver.This Colloidal Generator kit comes with everything you need including silver. All you need to do is provide the water and a container.
Make Your Own: You can make your own colloidal silver generator at home. The following diagram (http://growweedeasy....nabis-seeds.jpg) should illustrate what you need to do.
how-to-make-colloidal-silver-generator-t
Click for Close-Up

Step 3: Wait until the pollen sacs are ready. Let them swell like a big empty balloon. You will be able to tell when they are ready because they look about to burst and the leaf section protecting the pollen starts to crack.

Step 4: At this point, simply remove the pollen sacs carefully from the plant and place them in a cool dry place for a week to let them dry.

Step 5: Place the sacs in a small ziploc bag. The pollen will come out if you shake them a bit, or you can cut open the sacs manually to get to the pollen inside.

How to Store Pollen: Moisture is your main enemy when storing pollen. That's why I double the mass of the pollen collected by adding regular cooking flour. This will absorb any moisture during storage plus as an added bonus, it will make application easier when you get to pollinating. I triple-bag the pollen-flour mixture, and stick it in the freezer with a good nametag so I know where the pollen came from. With this method,marijuana pollen can be stored for a year or longer.

Use the Feminized Pollen to Pollinate Another Female

Step 6: When your chosen mother is 2-3 weeks into the flowering stage, take a paintbrush and 'paint' your feminized pollen on bud sites of the branches you want to pollinate. Only the buds that come in contact with pollen will start to grow seeds. You can choose to pollinate all of your buds, but most growers will only choose to pollinate a few, so they can harvest and smoke the rest. (Seed-laden buds focus all their energy on making seeds, not on growing buds)

Step 7: It usually takes about 6 weeks for your feminized seeds to fully develop. Some plants are literally dying right as the seeds become ready, so to get the most viable seeds, you need to try to keep the plant alive until the seeds actually start dropping. The seeds can be used right away, or stored in a cool, dry place for several years. Don't forget to label them with the date!

Learn more about making colloidal silver and creating feminized marijuana seeds (http://growweedeasy....marijuana-seeds)

If you haven't started growing marijuana yet, today is the day!

GrowWeedEasy.com's one-of-a-kind 3-page Stealth Growers Cheat Sheet will teach you everything you need to know to discretely start growing a few pounds of marijuana a year, out of a spare closet.

Click here to learn how to grow weed and download your cheat sheet: http://growweedeasy....ow-to-grow-weed

About Nebula Haze

In response to the need for more tutorials aimed at new growers, Nebula co-founded GrowWeedEasy.com in 2010 with fellow grower Sirius Fourside. Since then, Nebula has published dozens of growing articles in print and online, and continues to dedicate herself to serving the medical marijuana growing community.
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 14):
Ancient.Soul.Grown (Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 pm) • Nom (Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:52 pm) • Rawreefer (Wed May 04, 2022 6:24 am) • Bladed Leaf (Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:27 am) • Tictok (Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:48 am) • Keeno (Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:48 am) • GMO (Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:45 pm) • wutang (Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:00 am) • Benjic93 (Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:19 pm) • Pet G (Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:06 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:00 am) • Greenfingers (Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:24 am) • ncrypta.core (Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:51 am) • Treetrunk (Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:18 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Bladed Leaf

Re: how to make your own feminised seeds

Post by Bladed Leaf »

I've also heard that taking a cutting from a flowering plant will stress the cutting and turn it hermaphrodite and produce feminized seeds.
I think I'll try your way first.
These users thanked the author Bladed Leaf for the post:
duke (Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:38 pm)
"A disciplined mind brings happiness." the Buddha.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Nice one Duke. I'll be doing this soon. Cheers for the post.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
duke (Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:37 pm)

Pet G

Post by Pet G »

Brain blown!got a mom I want to fem..and anything good I find ..wow
These users thanked the author Pet G for the post:
duke (Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:34 pm)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

interesting stuff mate :thanks:

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

After my next project will look into this as going to copy what deep east said get it to f2-f3 then fem it so be harder for other to copy my linage line as they never find a male 😂
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post:
Pet G (Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:45 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”