Eagle, Proud Warrior

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
anova.330
Respected Member

Eagle, Proud Warrior

Post by anova.330 »

At the end of every episode of “Fuckin Talkin Shit with Eagle”, Eagle shouts out all people on his list that drop by for a visit. One of the entries is “Eagle, Proud Warrior”…to which Eagle thinks is a hoax. It probably is some type of joke but it always makes me chuckle. Listening to the shout outs one day, I typed “Eagle, Proud Warrior” in the forum chat. GMO typed back “that would make a great strain name”.

I’ve never crossed a strain.

So, here’s the plan. I have five unsexed Blueberry TrainMACs (Brandon Rust) pending veg to be cloned. Idea is to F2 the Blueberry TrainMACs and, at the same time, cross with Grease Monkey F2 by Exotic Genetix. So, the resultant crosses will be as follows:

Blueberry TrainMAC X Blueberry TrainMAC = Blueberry TrainMAC F2

Grease Monkey F2 X BlueBerry TrainMAC = Eagle, Proud Warrior

A few statements:
1. Seeds will not be sold but I do have a plan for them
2. Eagle knows nothing of this (i.e. I do not talk to Eagle on a daily basis but I watch every show)
3. Testing will be very limited

So, once ready, this will likely include the flowering run only. However, it’ll be a few months of lag time prior. Strap in, enjoy the ride folks…
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post (total 9):
duke (Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:38 pm) • Keeno (Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:57 pm) • Greenfingers (Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:29 pm) • GMO (Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:00 pm) • Josh (Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:23 am) • Rassensi (Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:32 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:48 pm) • Norseman (Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:09 pm) • Sage (Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:14 pm)
#growingwitheagle #crystals #petioles #eagleproudwarriortheproject #weednerdworld
#potectDiscord

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Eagle, Proud Warrior

Post by Keeno »

anova.330 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:38 pm
At the end of every episode of “Fuckin Talkin Shit with Eagle”, Eagle shouts out all people on his list that drop by for a visit. One of the entries is “Eagle, Proud Warrior”…to which Eagle thinks is a hoax. It probably is some type of joke but it always makes me chuckle. Listening to the shout outs one day, I typed “Eagle, Proud Warrior” in the forum chat. GMO typed back “that would make a great strain name”.

I’ve never crossed a strain.

So, here’s the plan. I have five unsexed Blueberry TrainMACs (Brandon Rust) pending veg to be cloned. Idea is to F2 the Blueberry TrainMACs and, at the same time, cross with Grease Monkey F2 by Exotic Genetix. So, the resultant crosses will be as follows:

Blueberry TrainMAC X Blueberry TrainMAC = Blueberry TrainMAC F2

Grease Monkey F2 X BlueBerry TrainMAC = Eagle, Proud Warrior

A few statements:
1. Seeds will not be sold but I do have a plan for them
2. Eagle knows nothing of this (i.e. I do not talk to Eagle on a daily basis but I watch every show)
3. Testing will be very limited

So, once ready, this will likely include the flowering run only. However, it’ll be a few months of lag time prior. Strap in, enjoy the ride folks…
Ooooooooooo

I'm loving this @anova.330
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:15 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:49 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Subbed. Should be fun
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:46 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:50 pm)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Never having done this, my thought is to run as follows. Even though I’m a ways out, I think I may need some guidance on this or my assumptions
1. Introduce females to flower (D=0)
2. 2 weeks later, introduce male to flower (D=14)
3. 4 weeks later, remove male (D=42)
4. 4 weeks later, harvest (D=70)

Question/Comment: how many males? I’m leaning toward one male, as it’ll be a tight squeeze. This is only a 2X4 area, females in 10G pots, male in 1G pot after 30ish day veg (basically, the females and male begin veg at same time).

Question/Comment: introduce male 2 weeks after females. I heard it somewhere so I’m sticking to it. Total bro-science.

Question/Comment: remove male after 4 weeks. I feel I may change this to 5 weeks. Give a brother a chance to dance a little…

Question/Comment: I assume it takes 60 days for a seed to fully develop. That extends harvest date to upwards of 109 days if I removed the male at D49 (i.e. +60 = 109). Not gonna do it…willing to take it even a few weeks past D70 but not 109 days.

I’ve convinced myself of the following timeline:
3. 5 weeks later, remove male (D=49)
4. Harvest (D=70-84)

Please, let me know if any of this is garbage.
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post:
Jayme Ream (Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:50 pm)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Plans at the moment are as follows regardless of what I’ve tried to sort before.

• Multiple “males” used in feminization runs. One male will be used here.
3. 4 weeks later, remove male (D=42)
• Removal will be variable depending on pollination
4. 4 weeks later, harvest (D=70)
• Harvest/Hold out for 60 days past removal of male

At the moment, I’ve considered/answered most of the questions I had. I’ve recently decided the TrainMACs not to be involved with the cross. Instead, I’ve fallen for the dank stank of a re-vegged TK X TK NL5 Haze X Lime 1 Bx (i.e. I flowered a TK, re-vegged it, took a cut, it rooted, then I transplanted to a cup; sorry, it excites me). I’ve tried MAC from the dispensary and I was neutral to it. Also, I think the Lime 1 cross is made up of more worked lines which may make better pollen…so to speak.

TK X TK NL5 Haze X Lime 1 Bx X TK X TK NL5 Haze X Lime 1 Bx = TK X TK NL5 Haze X Lime 1 Bx F2
Grease Monkey F2 X TK X TK NL5 Haze X Lime 1 Bx = Eagle, Proud Warrior = EPW

So that’s the plan right now…but hold on a sec, why am I using the Grease Monkey (GM)? Reasons may include, but not be limited by, the need for more gas, more dank, more stank, better potency. As a finished product, Grease Monkey is somewhat loud, has rock-hard nugs, and finishes like a fat beast. Regardless, the idea is to make the strain (GM) better.

I’m sure the intent of breeding Grease Monkey was not to make a light version of the same plant (i.e. GG4). I can’t imagine a watered down version of GG4 was the goal. But that’s what happened here:
real GG4 is the Cadillac of smoke to which there is no other comparison; Grease Monkey is a watered down version of GG4.

Lastly, why the TK? In short, and aside from the reasons already mentioned, stability of the F1 cross (EPW) is a key focus. On the other hand, a standout male from the PK/MK Ultra X Lime 1 Bx or Skywalker OG X High MAC may be another option. We’ll see…
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post:
Jayme Ream (Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:51 pm)

Jayme Ream

Post by Jayme Ream »

same same love his show! much respect for him and you! i love the time and thinking you are putting into this! and sharing when where and why! love reading and learning. wish i had more input or give ya some good advice.!cheers
These users thanked the author Jayme Ream for the post:
anova.330 (Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:30 am)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Eagle, Proud Warrior don’t think I’ve forgotten about you. The Grease Monkey cut is, long gone, but your frame still has many possibilities. In time, we will meet someday.
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post (total 3):
duke (Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:11 pm) • GMO (Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:25 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:46 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”