Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Cannabis research, studies & results
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Post by 2-Scoops »

So as in title why does organically grown weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert, is their any significant proof of this or is it just the growers say so and a myth that organic tastes and stinks better than mineral/chemical base fert grown weed ? I`d like to know how and why really. Cheers guys. :idn:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 6):
Keeno (Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:44 pm) • MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:52 pm) • Trex (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:00 pm) • Rassensi (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 pm) • PaleoCannabica (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:25 pm) • kbag (Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:53 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Philzon   Vape4Ever
MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Post by MrNice »

Fook was ready to read this post ...................?

Il come back in a few days LOL

good post 2scoops
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:01 pm) • Rassensi (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:34 pm)

Trex

Re: Does organic grown really weed taste and smell better than mineral base fert grown weed.

Post by Trex »

Depends on nutrients used with a coco,hydro grow , with Remo Nutrients its a hybrid hydro-organic system ,
In soil i made my own fertilizer from Kelp and a few other ingrediants i will not say . Overall soil is better tastting , more smellling . the high is the same imho .the plants are far more resistnt to pest , mold,and pathogens . Plus no flush is needed in soil
These users thanked the author Trex for the post (total 3):
Rassensi (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm) • MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:31 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:36 pm)

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

Just going to take a seat over in the corner and watch from a far lol
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post (total 3):
MrNice (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:36 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:36 pm) • Ukbudz (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 pm)
Out here growing my own since 05

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I just can`t get my head around why it would be tastier and stronger than summink grown with minerals myself guys. Sort of iff i was using mineral base ferts those ferts are tailored for plants needs or said to be so tip top stuff at right ratios etc getting to plant where its needed at right time in right amounts, unlike organic grown stuff your just slinging owt (maybe not owt but you get gist) in and dont really know what ideal ratio of this that and other is in an exact sense like you do with chemical base ferts.

To me it seems feeding mineral base ferts is like plant playing for Man Utd & organics its more Sutton Utd or another example is mineral base your gonna gym daily where as organics your doing your fitness regime in your garage on a clapped out rowing machine, i know it sounds crazy but i hope you get where im coming from.

I mean ive never seen no actual proof but ive seen plenty of heresay :idn:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Josh (Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:00 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I wouldn`t call it force feeding cus plant will only take up what it needs whether organic or mineral base but its more like tailor made or prcisely balanced with right stuff according to guys who make these type of ferts, ie: calcium nitrate vs egg shells or lime and so on and on and on @Marcus

Take ther old addage that chem base ferts kill of any beneficial life, we now know thats bollox and in reality they should thrive cus back bone of this microlifes diet is everything your feeding N.P.K amongst others but as said it`s just tip-top stuff used to make these chemical/mineral base so that life when this stuff is given at right amount should be thriving with big muscles.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Ukbudz (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 pm) • Josh (Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I mean look at claims about organic food on shelves thsat we used to have stuffed down our throats claiming its much healthier than inorganic grown, we now know that`s bullshit too, basically a con to get your cash, in fact its banned in UK for organic growers to make these claims now that organic food is healthier and more nutriticous.

Same with claims innorgabnic grown crops can cause cancers more so, fuck me cancer rates have been dropping as long as ive been alive, its all bollox. Look at all heavy metals that`s no good for you in organic soils or any soil for that matter in comparison to hydro for starters, its not good reading.
Josh (Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

All tastes the same as long as the correct doses are given IMHO.
organics to me are also bollox.
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:34 pm) • Ukbudz (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 pm) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:54 pm)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:34 pm
Quick question...

Would you live on meat grown in a lab?
I dont mind a corned dog and brown sauce sarnie every now n then, but thats still not grown in factory i suppose and just processed.

But end of shift im on about weed grown with organic ferts and peeps screaming it tastes better, is stronger and smellier, maybe so in their mind and im not pulling that for one bit but just show me some proof, their int none but i can show proof or lets say "google" :lol: what im on about and find a page or 3 of shit saying summink similar.

Technically speaking ions are ions organic or inorganic theirs no difference and its those plants take up to convert to sugar/food/carbs, in fact i dont think any ion is classed as organic (not sure on that bit though tbh) so is it really growing organically. The big organic con that`s what it is, well in my head anyhow mate.

Yes big up the mud and tom food 8-)
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh (Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nanook wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:30 pm
All tastes the same as long as the correct doses are given IMHO.
organics to me are also bollox.
You know it does if it`s grown right or is that my fucked up old taste buds :roll eyes: But yes hypothetically take a blind Pepsi challenge taste test with 100 smokers using 3 organic and 3 non organic grown weed strains, i doubt most if not all peeps could tell difference, obviously some would come good what with right guess factor, but you get my point mate. 8-)
Nanook (Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:25 pm)

Return to “Cannabis science and research”