Welcome to Growroom420 growers forum. If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Click here to register.

Vertical Indoor Farming

Cannabis research, studies & results
Mafoo.Martin

Vertical Indoor Farming

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

Whether you like it or not this is the way of the future!!!

In the US the leader in scale of tech is Aerofarms... peep this shit

Use this thread to post questions or articles or shit related to this topic.

I am an ex-professional so let ‘er rip
These users thanked the author Mafoo.Martin for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:02 am) • jimmi2scoops (Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:32 pm)

green-qube
GMO

Re: Vertical Indoor Farming

Post by GMO »

im sure ill be asking question in the weeks to come mate

like light requirements for different crops etc. but ill be back with specific requirement questions as they come up... thanks for offering your knowledge buddy
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

Like i said fire away
These users thanked the author Mafoo.Martin for the post:
GMO (Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 am)

GMO

Post by GMO »

HMR will be in later im sure as well.

i think a few are planning to make use of the time indoors :D
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Hmr81.5
Known User

Post by Hmr81.5 »

Thays cool. Really interested in this stuff.
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

Hmr81
Known User

Post by Hmr81 »

Yea love this idea, o think it should be fitted to the outside of every building but I'm a little crazy like that.

While the kids are off we will be trying to grow various veg indoors but we only have a hps spare, I'd rather it was an led but it is what it is. We will be trying to grow tomatoes, french beans, lettuce and water melon I believe so any advise warmly received!
From the Garage of HMR :puff puff:

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

Hmr81 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:17 am
Yea love this idea, o think it should be fitted to the outside of every building but I'm a little crazy like that.

While the kids are off we will be trying to grow various veg indoors but we only have a hps spare, I'd rather it was an led but it is what it is. We will be trying to grow tomatoes, french beans, lettuce and water melon I believe so any advise warmly received!
Well Im sure youre well aware of the symptoms of light burn. Just make sure to keep the bulb far enough away from the leaves :) consider a shade cover for the beebee plants otherwise u might stunt them with sunburn. Ur gonna wanna get urself some trellising for the beans and watermelon. Practice your hand pollination skills :) I will post some helpful charts later

Hmr81
Known User

Post by Hmr81 »

Thanks, yes well aware of light burn so I am looking into some shade. All info greatfully received!
From the Garage of HMR :puff puff:

Nanook
Banned users

Post by Nanook »

I tried to buy a smaller scale one of these the other month before my bike but the wife said no... was going to fill a room of veg
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

I am personally partial to he stacked shelf style as you might have guessed. I do like A frames for indoor growing but they are a lot more work to setup and maintain if you ask me. Unless u plan to use proprietart tech in a warehouse like we were doing
Last edited by Mafoo.Martin on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

I have seen growers train vining crops if all kinds. Cucurbits like cucumbers, bitter melon, sweet melons, and various summer or winter squash. In my outdoor garden I installed a chainlink fence around the perimeter that I train my winter squash onto and come harvest time I have 10-20 migass squash hanging off my fence :)

In your home build the trellising so you either walk under it ir comfirtably access the fruit that will hang beneath the leaf canopy. Try to fill a complete canopy light you would cannabis :)

You just dont want fruits on the floor unless you can guarantee they wint rot from condensation or damage or blah blah blah

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

Note that you can do quite well with 100watt CFL screw in bulbs to start before budting out the HPS. I used them along with inefficient T12 tubes to grow strong seedlings of all kinds.

DONT FORGET THE FANS!

jimmi2scoops
Team TGC

Post by jimmi2scoops »

Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:51 pm
Note that you can do quite well with 100watt CFL screw in bulbs to start before budting out the HPS. I used them along with inefficient T12 tubes to grow strong seedlings of all kinds.

DONT FORGET THE FANS!
Yes i too use cheap led houshold blue light bulbs for cutts and seedlings from time to time, i just pop off the plastic ball to get a more intense light.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I do like the stacked growing pictures. Theirs one in London underneath Clapham it`s built in an old ww2 bomb shelter not size of the one in your picture but i saw summink on a documentry about it. They also shown the one in New York i think it was in the City too that no one would have a clue its their. Surprising how many their is, yes defo future of growing food in years to come. Cool stuff indeed :)

Before

After
"But your still looking at me that same damn way............ Like i just shit in your scrambled eggs" > Negan, Walking Dead

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 pm
Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:51 pm

DONT FORGET THE FANS!
Yes i too use cheap led houshold blue light bulbs for cutts and seedlings from time to time, i just pop off the plastic ball to get a more intense light.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I do like the stacked growing pictures. Theirs one in London underneath Clapham it`s built in an old ww2 bomb shelter not size of the one in your picture but i saw summink on a documentry about it. They also shown the one in New York i think it was in the City too that no one would have a clue its their. Surprising how many their is, yes defo future of growing food in years to come. Cool stuff indeed :)

Before

After
I have seen an article about the underground wwII bunker farm. Such a great idea. Think if all the energy they save by being underground and having to invest less in envirinment control

jimmi2scoops
Team TGC

Post by jimmi2scoops »

Yes mate and look at all the Cities with underground tunnels going back years and years all around world as well as all the underground catcacombs, my city has lots of both doing feck all nowadays tbh.
"But your still looking at me that same damn way............ Like i just shit in your scrambled eggs" > Negan, Walking Dead

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

Tbh so do we. Thats not a bad idea... shit dont give me any more ideas right lol

Momma bear

Post by Momma bear »

Very cool.. plan on making a small scale form of this but haven’t started it yet
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Mafoo.Martin

Post by Mafoo.Martin »

This story and technology is insane

Can someone else please repost this youtube vid here as an embedded vid u can play in the thread? I cant seem to embed vids with my mobile device

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_3_gsgsnk

Return to “Science Bitch!”