Dr. Dabber Switch

How do you toke yours!?
sybarite
Known User

Dr. Dabber Switch

Post by sybarite »

Main Features:

• Induction heater (very accurate, heats up in 5 seconds)
• 25 heat settings
• Self-cleaning mode (heats the ceramic cups to WELL HOT, burning off any residue)
• Oil or flower mode
• All glass bowl
• Detachable glass bubbler (many options now available)
• Glass carb cap (many options now available)
• Black ceramic (flower) & white ceramic (oil) induction cups (quartz cups available separately)
• LED disco lights
• Customisable draw times

https://www.drdabber.com/products/switch-1

My mate calls it Dr. Dobber, but let’s not get into that. It basically replaces the traditional dab rig and in my opinion is far superior, because it’s faster, more accurate, more efficient, safer and easier to use, although not as cheap or exciting – there’s no flames or element of danger. I have not used it with flower and probably never will, as several other reviews said it’s not good for that and it can ruin the bubbler, so this review is focusing specifically on using it with rosin.

I only use three of the heat settings (purple 5, blue 2 and blue 3) and find they are very precise, which is especially useful for obtaining a wide range of flavours and effects as the various cannabinoids and terpenes vapourise at different temperatures. When hot dabbing with a traditional dab rig it’s quite difficult to obtain correct temperatures – sometimes the banger or nail might be too hot (unless you can be bothered measuring it), destroying all those lovely terpenes. The Switch takes out all the guesswork, giving a precisely heated dab every time.

I bought the optional quartz induction cups from their US website, as none were available in UK. They aren’t cheap, but much cheaper to buy a 3 pack and there are probably still discount codes if you google. They last a long time – been using the same cup almost daily for 8 months - and provide a much more enjoyable, flavoursome experience than the ceramic cups. The only disadvantage being that you cannot use the self-cleaning mode with the quartz cups, but they’re easy to clean with isopropyl (if you can still get it) and cotton buds.

There are several other types of bubbler and carb cap available. I was fine using the original bubbler, until I managed to yank my Switch by its charger cable, dragging it off the table and onto the floor, smashing the original bubbler, so I ordered the ball attachment bubbler from the US, which was a bit of a faff with the couriers/customs messing things up, but Dr. Dabber staff bent over backwards to help me and gave me discount codes for the inconvenience. They are a great company to deal with.

I usually get about 4 big, cloudy, tasty, 20 second draws from a dab the size of half a pea. I bought the optional directional carb cap, which you spin to direct the air flow and makes dabbing more efficient – I get a lot more vapour from each dab.

They usually cost about £300, but I got mine for £270 with a discount code. My only gripe is that it’s quite top-heavy, especially with the ball attachment, so needs careful placement, however, I think it’s well made, technologically advanced and gets me a lot more stoned than my Volcano. It also doubles as an induction heater for my Dynavap, so for me it’s money well spent.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
Marcus (Sun May 10, 2020 6:56 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Re: Dr. Dabber Switch

Post by sybarite »

Marcus wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:05 pm
You've made me want to buy one now. :lol:

:suicide:

Do you think (or could you test if...) it would vape bubble hash quite well?

Sounds easy enough to clean and I could bypass the squishing process. :idn:

Just vaping the hash with my splinter at the moment, stuck an oil pad from the Mighty in a top hat screen and into the wpa. :oik!:
I've never had any bubble hash to try, but it looks to me like the consistency of some of the waxier rosins I've pressed, so I don't see why not. You could probably vape anything, it's the cleaning up after that can be tricky, but with the ceramic cups it just burns everything off, or with quartz cups put some iso inside and put the cup on a hotplate until the iso starts boiling, comes off easy, or blow torch if all else fails.

Everything else (bubbler/bowl/carb cap) is easy to clean with iso and hot water.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
Marcus (Sun May 10, 2020 8:26 pm)

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”