ISpire "The Wand" INDUCTION device

How do you toke yours!?
Egzoset

ISpire "The Wand" INDUCTION device

Post by Egzoset »

[ https:// www.prweb.com/releases/ispire_launches_first_of_its_kind_induction_heating_enail_dab_rig/prweb17832614.htm ]
ISpire launches first of its kind induction heating Enail dab rig (2021-Apr-20)

Learn more at https://www.getispire.com

Vaporist of Borg.

mostang64

Re: ISpire "The Wand" INDUCTION device

Post by mostang64 »

Looks good
These users thanked the author mostang64 for the post:
Egzoset (Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:37 pm)

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Hummm...

It pleases me that it got user-replaceable power cells (18650 x 2) directly accessible via a battery door, on another hand such trade-off in favour of enhanced portability is to reduce voltage and hence one should expect current to go up for a same workload, while this would translate as FOUR (4) high-current series-connected contacts being stressed both electrically & mechanically (go figure about reliability on the long run)... In addition there has to be a delivery tool besides this IH Driver, so its narrow silhouette comes at the cost of a pouch where to shuffle it inside with some mandatory accessories i guess.

Moreover, although i tend to hope it may still bridge the gap between the old single power-cell e-Cig category Evoke/Lux (by Loto Labs) vs current DiY setups using 3, this might prove approriate as a lightweight generic IH Driver, but not necessarily suitable for DynaVap's VapCap suite of "Dry Herb" devices, for example. Assuming each cell has a voltage of 3.7 Volts that's a total of 7.4 V and i noticed "Over-Currents" range around 16 A, e.g. 7.4 Volts x 16 Amperes ~ 118 Watts.

The announced temperature range is 232 ~ 427 °C (450 - 800 °F) and we're talking about dabs, which implies part of the entire energy budget resides in previous processing performed externally (elsewhere), somewhat similar to e-Cigs depending on e-Liquids actually. But this is Induction Heating and all i need to care about is Joules per puff, ultimately; the good news being that ~100+ Watts sounds fine, the bad ones revolving around this susceptor's 3-D geometry having to match a straight plain-old air-core selenoïd (a cylinder)... So it's not just a matter of knowing the metal ("susceptor") weight anymore, its temperature + heat up time are also required and on such shoe-string energy budget i bet this heater's shape must be cylindrical & hollow or nothing! After all, no claims of "universality" are made and a lack of Dry Herb offers may be caused by IH geometry constraints IMO. Put shortly my LAVACapsule flat disc susceptor concept might fail the same as DV's VC, though each extreme separate boundary may reside outside the device's own operating range!

Months shall pass before the customers are really told what's the money buying, lets not hurry. In the meantime i found mention of critical protective functions as a "Sensor" (NTC), over-current limitation (commented above), plus some "No Load" and High-Temp. safeguards.

One has to wonder how far DiY experimentation (on Dry Herbs delivery) can go, how protected users really are. Etc.

Ah, and last but not least:

[ https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu41rQfqKWc&t=257 ]​

There's an original tripod socket among the accessories.

Good day, have fun!! Image

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Hi again Mostang64,

This time i think these visuals may feel almost intuitive, euh...

One might even say, I{n}Spiring (!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu41rQfqKWc&t=150s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu41rQfqKWc&t=361s

Ispire "The Wand" Enail Dab Kit Product Spotlight (2021-Mar-31)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGqhue_8g7A

Ispire The Wand with flower (2021-Apr-11)

IMO that's what any "Dry Flowers" consumer should see 1st!! I just wonder if there can't be unbreakable alternatives, like a silicone bong for example...

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Update:

Here's some visual clues finally, collected from Sourcemore (Hong Kong):

[ https:// www.getispire.com/the-wand/ ]
Enail Dab Kit

« Our Bangers are made from Borosilicate Glass and use inner cups (not to scale) made from the same material that has ferrous metal encased in between two sealed walls of Borosilicate completely sealed away from the dabbing environment and creating absolutely clean and sealed Borosilicate Glass Banger cups. This one of its kind Banger Cups combination is designed to specially heat by induction created by the wand, completely different but more heat efficient and easy to clean than a torch heated banger. »

So it's clear by reading qualificatives as "completely" and "absoletely" that this is a purist's dream come true, essetially. Well, at least in terms of a 100 % Glass Path.

Convection though seems to be another story as i can foresee the radiative vector with its conductive counterpart (after a delay) actually dominating, practically rendering convection energy accessorial i presume, because whatever convective vector there might be it's going to be created within the bowl itself and never before the 2 other heat sources partly reconverted anyway. In other words it's not a blow of HOT DRY AIR which is the main energy driver for glass-sealed metal-band ISpire "Banger Cups"; instead, part of the radiative heat promptly followed by its associated conduction complement shall eventually reconvert into some potential convection by-product still unable to perform any useful task in absence of airflow... In one case it's the airflow that energizes a true convection-mode vaporizer, it this present case we get an hybrid between the Oracle and an MLFB, so to speak. E.G. with radiative heat likely to be the dominant engine, depending on how potent vs brief an IH injection cycle can be, hence perhaps also raising long-term thermal-cycling concerns if "Pulse Heating" scenarios are to get further explored.

In comparison SiC Foam routinely takes the hit no big deal (at least over periods expressed in years IMO)! In my LAVA (gen. 2) configuration (illustrated next) there's no glass-sealing to separate metal surfaces from its associated cannabic path but lets equally consider in my theoretical setup such metal ain't the main heat source anymore:

Metal may be a convenient heat conductor, it happens that Silicon Carbide performs even better at this function while a foamy structure boost its contact-surface, consequently minimizing the overall contribution of metal contact. It's still a conversion chain but this time every single energized air-pocket contained in the SiC matrix can accumulate energy at a rate now relatively unrelated to the final toking phase, hopefully making its performance relatively independent from battery charge until full depletion i imagine.

At 1st i feared the ISpire product would just rely on yet another externally protected Royer ZVS/Mazzilli "module", then the presence of such wide-range temperature control paved the way to all sorts of avenues including pulse-by-pulse power control, ideally even from inside a resonator loop itself (for example using Allegro's ACS733 curent-sensor chip), etc. Oh well, as long as their protective features offer sufficiently durable reliability!

Time will tell... :drama:

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations,

Although this is of relatively moot comfort i must admit it got me paying attention a little bit:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPCCnqfoyc&t=99s[/youtube]

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPCCnqfoyc&t=99s

Convector Demo (2023-Feb-17)

M'well, using its target temperature ain't actually reflecting a measured feedback as in a closed control loop, but the video shows a 232 °C (450 °F) setting anyway. Apparently there's a "baffled" heat-exchanger fused to the cap's inside-wall, with SS304, SS316 and a proprietary SS430 variant (for the susceptor); while the internal ceramic path is rated High-Quality...

Here's another YT video in case the other doesn't last long:

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtOzfa8bcSs

Camouflet Convector - Closer Look and First Use. (2023-Feb-21)

Its manufacturer claims that's convection-focused, which sort of reminds me i once worked hard to get rid of it for years... But that's not all: the metal hints are supposed to prove less discernible than from a DynaVap, though its got multiple ultra-thin heating plates stacked and thermally bonded, while also claiming to be energy-efficient at 4~5 times my own pre-heating phase duration, presumably depending on a lesser energy budget too but no audible temperature feedback clicks somehow.

My impression is that's just excessive hot-metal contact-surface unlikely to please purists and those allergic to metal paths. Pre-heating sounds much too slow but at least it offers some access to Pulse Heating à la SlingShot of David:

Essentially it's similar to my own ritual where both phases are kept separate in principle, in practice radiative/conductive heat may happen to complicate that transitional model a bit (it's still combusting easily)...

Bright sides? Dry Clean-Burning butane (Bi-Energy)!!

Cons, stratospheric pricetag as if that were a finished/mature product. ISpire IH driver may fail to detect presence of a workload unless tilt slightly on its side, go figure!

If lucky this “one-hitter” will get a chance to evolve and even gain reputation, but... Well, i've been waiting since late 2010 to witness such a move so pardon me if i prefer staying contemplative - 8 mm (dia.) feels way too small anyway.

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”