Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

finding out exactly what i need to start out help needed please

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Bigbang1333

finding out exactly what i need to start out help needed please

Post by Bigbang1333 »

Hi all ,

As you will all know I am new to this site and as you will find out I am completely new to growing but feel it is something i could get into.
THANKS FOR LETTING ME JOIN AND SORRY FOR ANY STUPID QUESTIONS I MIGHT ASK ALONG THE WAY.

So finally the time is right for me to try my hand at growing , it is something that i have wanted to do for some years but never got around to it , well if im honest i have lots of friends that smoke and nearly all of them are experts in growing !! until i recently said i was ready to get started and may need the help they offered in setting up, as it turns out i think they have all seen the youtube videos but not one of them have even tried to grow before, ha ha .

Having read some of the articles in this Forum, and noticed that you all seemed a friendly bunch i thought I would join and seek the advice that i need from you guys, I also liked the way this forum is set out compared to others .

Ok so if you dont mind i would like to tell you a little bit about my plan .

I am about to purchase the LED-QUBE V GROW TENT for the space in my loft the one I wanted to buy was the (1.5 mtr W) X ( 3.0 mtr L) X (2.2 mtr H) tent.

If i have my working out right i believe i can fit 12-16 plants in this tent but was going to go for 12 just because i didn't want them crammed into the tent, now if you don't mind i have a few questions as you can well imagine, ha ha

I should tell you that I am going to grow with soil.

So here goes.

1. i think i need a minimum of 800 watt LED to cover these plants? could anyone kindly point me in the right direction of a decent light that isn't going to break my bank?

2. I am going to need every other bit of equipment needed to start , extractor fan, ducting , lighting as mentioned above, all of it so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

3. Am i thinking this through properly? , i mean buying separately or is there a full kit available?

I have literally overloaded my tiny brain with calculations that i may have wrong all day , even my poor calculator buttons have started to fade .

I need some help please guys HEEELP.

Kindest regards
Bigbang1333
These users thanked the author Bigbang1333 for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:02 pm) • Minty (Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:23 pm)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
The Supreme Weeder

Re: finding out exactly what i need to start out help needed please

Post by The Supreme Weeder »

Greetings from Korea. Best advice I can give you mate is start small. All well and good going straight for a big tent and lots of plants but if you get it wrong that's a lot of seeds down the toilet.
Decent carbon filter should be high on your list, something like a carboair, the folks on here seem to rate invisible sun lights, certainly lots of folk have them and they're well thought of.
Soil is quite forgiving, if you're going for an organic grow might be worth you doing living soil. You reuse the medium for a few years and it continually improves. Save you a few quid in the long run. If that's for you check out @GHO

Get into the forum look what people are doing and ask questions. Folk are nice on here.
These users thanked the author The Supreme Weeder for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:18 pm) • Minty (Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:24 pm) • Bigbang1333 (Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:19 pm)
I haven't been this excited since my last rocket test!

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to GR420,

I've done a write up on my opinion on how many plants per square foot is ideal for a indoor grow. I also go into the watts needed on average:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5528

As for kits, stay away from the cheap ones. I buy separate as most kits make sacrifices on important things like fans and filters.

Our store is about to start selling kits which are designed by us so this may be something you can look at.

As far as filters id go for Vipar or Rhino
Fans id go for systemair as they are bomb proof.
LED lights you get what you pay for unfortunately.
Soil soeak to @GHO, he will look after you when choosing the best for your growing style.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:24 pm) • Bigbang1333 (Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:20 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Get fans and filters before looking at tents and lights ;o)
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:25 pm) • Bigbang1333 (Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:20 pm)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Bigbang1333 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:01 pm
Hi all ,

As you will all know I am new to this site and as you will find out I am completely new to growing but feel it is something i could get into.
THANKS FOR LETTING ME JOIN AND SORRY FOR ANY STUPID QUESTIONS I MIGHT ASK ALONG THE WAY.

So finally the time is right for me to try my hand at growing , it is something that i have wanted to do for some years but never got around to it , well if im honest i have lots of friends that smoke and nearly all of them are experts in growing !! until i recently said i was ready to get started and may need the help they offered in setting up, as it turns out i think they have all seen the youtube videos but not one of them have even tried to grow before, ha ha .

Having read some of the articles in this Forum, and noticed that you all seemed a friendly bunch i thought I would join and seek the advice that i need from you guys, I also liked the way this forum is set out compared to others .

Ok so if you dont mind i would like to tell you a little bit about my plan .

I am about to purchase the LED-QUBE V GROW TENT for the space in my loft the one I wanted to buy was the (1.5 mtr W) X ( 3.0 mtr L) X (2.2 mtr H) tent.

If i have my working out right i believe i can fit 12-16 plants in this tent but was going to go for 12 just because i didn't want them crammed into the tent, now if you don't mind i have a few questions as you can well imagine, ha ha

I should tell you that I am going to grow with soil.

So here goes.

1. i think i need a minimum of 800 watt LED to cover these plants? could anyone kindly point me in the right direction of a decent light that isn't going to break my bank?

2. I am going to need every other bit of equipment needed to start , extractor fan, ducting , lighting as mentioned above, all of it so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

3. Am i thinking this through properly? , i mean buying separately or is there a full kit available?

I have literally overloaded my tiny brain with calculations that i may have wrong all day , even my poor calculator buttons have started to fade .

I need some help please guys HEEELP.

Kindest regards
Bigbang1333
Hey bro,

Welcome to the growing world. When I first started out, I found that deciding what grow cycle is fairly important.

1)Are you planning on running all your plants from seed to harvest in a single room on a single light cycle? Or
2) are you planning on utilize half your space for on a dedicated light cycle (12+hr)s, to keep a perpetual grow cycle, for plants in veg and mother plants, keeper clones and to have selection of cultivars/flavors?

If your planning on having an ongoing grow continual grow, number 2 above has benefits. Depending on what you decide, this will also dictate your lighting requirements.

I have had success with the "autopot" self water system. But they are expensive and I grow in coco. If this is your first grow and your on a budget, check out:

SIP containers http://albopepper.com/sips.php
or
Hempy Buckets
https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/hemp ... ower/33753

Good luck, a hobby grow is the gift that keeps on giving...if you treat the plant right :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 2):
Bigbang1333 (Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:21 pm) • Minty (Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:37 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

Hi and welcome to the this little green madhouse.

Kit amd things we have on gr42p store. Any issue with that side give me a shout. Keeno has linked you in here.

Im new to growing only been at it one year amd run 2 small tents running full cycles in each.

Iys really rewarding and I can promise yiu no stupid questions left to ask as I've asked them all already 😅

Have a look around amd make yourself at home
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post (total 2):
Bigbang1333 (Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:21 pm) • Minty (Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:37 pm)
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

Return to “Cannabis Growing”