Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Curling up leaves and brown spots on young plant

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
veroxas

Re: Curling up leaves and brown spots on young plant

Post by veroxas »

Thank you for all the responses! She is doing better today, leaves arent so curled, but brown spots got slightly bigger though. I have moved the light further up and plugged into timer to givr it 4 hours of darkness at night,but I think moving light alone whould be enough to stop the curling. I checked the leaves carefuly and cannot see no bugs eating leaves. Brown spots are only on first 2 leaves that grew right at the start, other leaves look very healthy :)

As for light info, I don't have anything to measure amps or real Watts that are drawn, I only got 3 in 1 (soil ph, soil moisture and light) meter that shows some numbers without no info what they mean on light bar :))
I have 50W ready made red/blue led light - link:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50w-100w-LED ... 2749.l2649
And 50W to add later if needed with blue/red/green LEDs - link:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E27-LED-Plan ... 2749.l2649

Surprisingly cheap £7 ready made light outputs more light than a bulb LED assembly for £9.

For nutrients I bought "Advanced nutrients" grow, bloom and micro, but not sure how to tell how much and when to feed her, when shes planted in nutruent rich soil with some miracle-gro slow release fertilizer. If you guys have any advice on that, would be huge help :)
These users thanked the author veroxas for the post:
Guest (Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:27 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube

Post by Guest »

@veroxas you may want to get some advice from some of the hydro bottled nutrient guys n girls here. I'm a different style of grower. But most people here would say to half or even quarter the amount they say on the side of the tub.

I'd also invest a little time in choosing a slightly different media/soil/coco and also how to mix nutrients. You have to do things in a certain order so not to lock up the nutrients. You're feeding the roots by ionic form. Certain things can charge the molecules +/- and sort of stop it becoming available to the roots when you apply it.

Its all science and numbers.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

@veroxas also I forgot to mention those lights may not be quite powerful enough, there was another guy using something similar to this, he got to flowering period and it wasn't producing what he expected.

If that light draws only 50W from the actual wall it would be calculated at: 50W/240V(if UK)=.2 amps Which is next to nothing. My TS600 draws twixe that and it gives an equivilant of a satandard 600W sodium or HID bulb.

I have looked up that light and on another website it states 60 Lm/w which from an online calculator (I don't know the conversion) gives around .7 t0 .9 umol/j which is less than half the power of my 600W

I use that TS 600W in a 0.6M square tent and it only just covers this area. So you may want to use the fullpower of this light plus another next to it. Then I would try to invest in a Mars, a cheap budget light with more pro results.

If you don't quite grasp things, head over to Shane on YouTube, his channel is called Migro. You'll soon know who he is due to hi Irish accent. He's a pretty good fella to follow if you need to learn or researcg on lights. Also I have noticed a guy from the US called Coco for Cannabis has started doing reviews and videos on lighting.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Josh (Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:05 pm) • veroxas (Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:04 pm)

veroxas

Post by veroxas »

@DIY.Rik Thanks for heads up, I was just looking into it earlier today. To be fair, I need to get bigger growing space, ideally a growing tent, but at the moment I have to be super stealthy. My current growing space is 0.05 square metre and cupboard is 75cm tall, there is no way I can fit full size growing LED light, theres just no space. That is the reason why I went with small 2x 50W LEDs, which might be enough if my plant gets stunned soon enough of small pot (1.75 litre) and stops growing in size. What are your thoughts on that? I think I'm more in Nano Growing category than micro :idn:
I will definitely check out those channels as I need so much more to learn!

By the way, my baby girl is growing really fast and healthy, it's unbelievable experience to watch her grow within hours :)
Last edited by veroxas on Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author veroxas for the post:
Guest (Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:27 pm)

Post by Guest »

veroxas wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:24 pm
@DIY.Rik Thanks for heads up, I was just looking into it earlier today. To be fair, I need to get bigger growing space, ideally a growing tent, but at the moment I have to be super stealthy. My current growing space is 0.05 square metre and cupboard is 75cm tall, there is no way I can fit full size growing LED light, theres just no space. That is the reason why I went with small 2x 50W LEDs, which might be enough if my plant gets stunend soon enough of small pot (1.75 litre) and stops growing in size. What are your thoughts on that? I think I'm more in Nano Growing category than micro :idn:
I will definitely check out those channels as I need so much more to learn!

By the way, my baby girl is growing really fast and healthy, it's unbelievable experience to watch her grow within hours :)
Try looking up space bucket grows 😉

Post by Guest »

We all have to start somewhere. I started in a tent, but outside in shed, ended up in a UPVC greenhouse outside grew into a monster lol but into November it just caught bud rot.

That was a big learning curve. We all have our challenges. Concealment is more important than anything.

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

DIY.Rik wrote:[mention]veroxas[/mention] also I forgot to mention those lights may not be quite powerful enough, there was another guy using something similar to this, he got to flowering period and it wasn't producing what he expected.

If that light draws only 50W from the actual wall it would be calculated at: 50W/240V(if UK)=.2 amps Which is next to nothing. My TS600 draws twixe that and it gives an equivilant of a satandard 600W sodium or HID bulb.

I have looked up that light and on another website it states 60 Lm/w which from an online calculator (I don't know the conversion) gives around .7 t0 .9 umol/j which is less than half the power of my 600W

I use that TS 600W in a 0.6M square tent and it only just covers this area. So you may want to use the fullpower of this light plus another next to it. Then I would try to invest in a Mars, a cheap budget light with more pro results.

If you don't quite grasp things, head over to Shane on YouTube, his channel is called Migro. You'll soon know who he is due to hi Irish accent. He's a pretty good fella to follow if you need to learn or researcg on lights. Also I have noticed a guy from the US called Coco for Cannabis has started doing reviews and videos on lighting.
Migro video on making your own light is very informative.
Basically get some household bulbs and pop the glass off.
Buy some lamp holder's and use as many as you like.
The warmer bulbs 2700/3000k are good for flower.
The more daylight 6000k ones are better for veg.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post:
Guest (Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:41 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”