Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

White ash vs Black Ash cannabis

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis

Re: White ash vs Black Ash cannabis

Post by Guest »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:15 pm
Hello fellow stoners. I do smoke my joints pure without baccy so sometimes I do get that black ash joint. I've never paid too much attention what is causing it. My first thoughts - maybe it's not dry enough? Well yes it is. It's sitting in the same jar as the bud before at rH of 55%... Hmm..second thoughts - Not flushed well? Chances this bud to be from a different plant are huge BUT they all get equal amount of flush. So quick google search brings me to...the same subjects we discussed above + a couple more. Lights off 2 days prior harvesting seems to increase the smokability of the weed and also dropping the temperature. Now that's some food for though. The temperature. It's been very hot this summer. Maybe that particular bud was in a hotspot?
Also during the search of that topic I've read something that GMO was mentioning. Flush does not change the smokability/flavour of the weed. What do you think of that? I've personally tried flushed/not flushed from same grow and..couldn't find a difference. But what about the nutrients left in the buds? Are they bad for your health?
I suspect as previously mentioned @Marcus the chlorophyll has something to do with this:

The chlorophyll molecule consists of a central magnesium atom surrounded by a nitrogen-containing structure called a porphyrin ring; attached to the ring is a long carbon–hydrogen side chain, known as a phytol chain. This was taken from a website brittania........etc.....

I suspect the black, is some type of carbon left over after the burning process. The rest of the harshness is the hydrogen and magnesium burning off?
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:22 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:22 pm
书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料........书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料.....
Sorry buddy but for some reason what've written in your last message appears to me like that :lol:

Post by Guest »

Bulls wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:47 am
DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:22 pm
书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料........书、杂志等中区别于图片的)正文,文字材料.....
Sorry buddy but for some reason what've written in your last message appears to me like that :lol:
Well I'm no scientist either @Bulls lol, I was hoping you could help me out :lol:

I don't ever read magazines though to be honest.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I know I flush well but I still got black ash sometimes..so there must be something else.. and..i was hoping for a simple explanation like - you fucked up doing that :lol: carbon-hydrogen chains and molecules and etc mean nothing to me :lol:

Post by Guest »

@Bulls in simple terms it means chlorophyll left in the bud burns. As it does it burns off gasses which are harsh on your throat etc..... then it leaves carbon deposits behind.

I personally think every plant and grow is different, so different strains and methods of growing could make it very hard to completely narrow down to one thing though.

I recently had some fresh off the plant, an oz, ended up 21 grams in the end. Speed dried yet it smokes clean with grey Ash!
duke (Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:42 pm)

Maverick90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maverick90 »

First thing I want to do is to ask you why did you smoke your joints pure without baccy? I want to tell you that the color of the ash is important because it shows you the quality of your joints. It never happened to me when I bought marijuana from a dispensary (link removed) and I’m not saying that this is the reason why my joint never turned into black ash, but I believe that the temperature factor, along with other possible factors have influenced significantly the quality of the weed and subsequently, the quality of your joint.

Post by Guest »

I think it could mean so many different things. My weed at the moment, on its own burns slightly black in the bong unless I re burn it. But if I put a little of the hash i made from it, on top, it burns pure white.

Either something is missing, its balanced differently with varying levels of CBD and THC etc or its got too much of something.

Or all 3 and many more contributory factors.

To be honest, I love my latest harvest, it burns slightly black sometimes but its the tastiest I've had in years and the strongest too!!!
The Aspie Toker (Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:26 am)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Maverick90 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:15 pm
First thing I want to do is to ask you why did you smoke your joints pure without baccy?
Bizarre question.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post:
Guest (Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:52 pm)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

high-as-ya-like

Post by high-as-ya-like »

I also smoke full skunk no baccy and iv found when I get the black burning paint it for one tastes like shit and two it takes a good while to light the fucker up apposed to the paint that smoke grey/white. I end up not smoking it anyway can't cope with the taste

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author high-as-ya-like for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:29 am)

Post by Guest »

I notice I also get black ash when my bong needs a good clean out and a new gauze in it :idn:
The Aspie Toker (Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:29 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”