Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Low runoff ppm in coco

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: Low runoff ppm in coco

Post by kbag »

Is it tip burn josh? You often this grow out as the leafs mature tbh id not worry about plants overall look healthy. You often see this during stretch. are yours in this phase? im being lazy and not reading the whole thread lol.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
RichardP.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by RichardP. »

RichardP. wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 pm
Hi, I want to say that you have amazing plants that look very beautiful and green.
I can imagine how much effort and time you put in to grow this weed so beautiful. I'm new to growing weed, and it was a little hard to get started as I didn't know how to solve the problems that came up. As it turned out later, many factors affect the growing process, and the main one is the nutrient. I found out about this thanks to a blog Bryan Giego that has a great review about the nutrients from coconut for growing weed. Here you can find an overview of the 7 most popular coconut nutrients, the pros and cons of each, and a lot of other useful information.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

kbag wrote:Is it tip burn josh? You often this grow out as the leafs mature tbh id not worry about plants overall look healthy. You often see this during stretch. are yours in this phase? im being lazy and not reading the whole thread lol.
Old thread buddy

I was just tripping out when I first started growing in coco, I don't even check runoff anymore or even my feed water for that matter

2.0 EC and 5.8 ph from seedling to chop from now on, no issues anymore

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
kbag (Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:44 am) • 2-Scoops (Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:08 pm)

Zed cola

Post by Zed cola »

Hi josh I know this thread is old but I’m where your at when you first decided to make this post. My plants look great but getting low ec at run off. I saw your last comment on this thread and it really got me. 2 ec 5.8 ph from start to finish? Does this work bro? Any information and help is greatly appreciated thanks mate
Last edited by Zed cola on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zed cola

Post by Zed cola »

Hi josh I know this thread is old but I’m where your at when you first decided to make this post. My plants look great but getting low ec at run off. I saw your last comment on this thread and it really got me. 2 ec 5.8 ph from start to finish? Does this work bro? Any information and help is greatly appreciated thanks mate

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

0.8 to 1.0ec for fair sized plants with plenty of rootage in veg and anything from 1.2 to 1.8 in bloom although you could go higher but shit can go south quicker if your not too clued up. I do about 1.4ec first 3 weeks of 12/12 or bloom before dropping back to 1.2ec when stretch is over, but doing that you should be sound and smash out some nice plants. I`m talking about fert ec not including your background water ec, basically just add that on top @Zed cola of ferts, so if your water is measuring 0.4ec + 1.2ec of ferts = 1.6ec. :Stoned:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Nom (Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:54 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Zed cola

Post by Zed cola »

Hi 2 scoops thanks for the advice - my water is 0ppm. So at the moment I add 0.3 of cal mag and then the rest is made up of a n b. I just switched into flower a couple of days ago and my ec is currently 1.45 ec - plants are looking great it’s just the low run off ec that’s getting me. I’m trying to follow the advice from coco for cannabis but nothing seems to work out the way he explains it. As in inflow should be near the same as out flow.
These users thanked the author Zed cola for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:00 am)

Zed cola

Post by Zed cola »

The OP said in his last comment that he uses 2 ec and 5.8 from start to finish? Would that be possible? That would be very very easy if it was. I’ve always grown soil, and one thing you get good at in soil is reading plants. So I’m reading my plants and they look great but the data from the bottom of the pots is throwing me off , if you were to follow the advice from someone like dr coco. The growth has been explosive in coco which I love
These users thanked the author Zed cola for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:00 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Zed cola wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 am
Hi 2 scoops thanks for the advice - my water is 0ppm. So at the moment I add 0.3 of cal mag and then the rest is made up of a n b. I just switched into flower a couple of days ago and my ec is currently 1.45 ec - plants are looking great it’s just the low run off ec that’s getting me. I’m trying to follow the advice from coco for cannabis but nothing seems to work out the way he explains it. As in inflow should be near the same as out flow.
For me, a low run off ec means the plants are uptaking the ferts.

No need to be worrying about run off ec at all, unless you have a problem.

You say your plants look good... There's your answer. :oik!: Keep doing what you're doing if they look good.

Good luck with your grow, post some pics here so we can have a look. :bye:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:20 am)

Zed cola

Post by Zed cola »

@Marcus thanks for the reply. Yeah man the plants are looking strong, I’m just one of them people that like to know the ins and outs.

Just took some pics but finding it hard to upload them

Return to “Cannabis Growing”