Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Help me pick 2 strains

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Help me pick 2 strains

Post by Josh »

Watsup growroom?!

About to invest in my first regular seeds and have some amazing options to choose from. I was leaning towards the agent orange and bruce banner, but I thought it would be cool to get everyone's oppinion especially if you've grown it before

Let me know what you think!

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/marijuana-seeds

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Josh on Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Help me pick 2 strains

Post by GMO »

I didnt enjoy agent orange or hulkberry from RQS which is there fem version of bruce banner

but besides them i cant really comment buddy
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hello mate. I've grown the Agent Orange plenty of times and I personally love the strain. I've not started mine from seed but I had it as a cutting. TGA provide the original seeds I believe and as far as I know you can get 2 phenotypes. You really want to stretchy one which is really really orangy. I haven't tried or even heard of Bruce Banner. :Stoned:

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Bulls wrote:Hello mate. I've grown the Agent Orange plenty of times and I personally love the strain. I've not started mine from seed but I had it as a cutting. TGA provide the original seeds I believe and as far as I know you can get 2 phenotypes. You really want to stretchy one which is really really orangy. I haven't tried or even heard of Bruce Banner. :Stoned:
Hey bulls! Thanks for the reply man. Were you able to tell if it's the stretchy phenotype in preflower? I don't have time to flower out multiple females and pick a good pheno unfortunately

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Marcus wrote:Hi Josh.

I'd probably suggest starting looking at parentage etc over on EU Seedfinder ( https://en.seedfinder.eu/search/ ). Then work out what works for you and take it backwards or forwards from there, especially with regs.

On most strain pages there's links to the parents and a family tree. That's how I search for things that peek my interest.

They're a bit vague on that site you linked as to parentage etc... Did they just buy regs from breeders and just back cross them? Maybe cheaper to get the originals and do your own pheno hunt. Cut out the middle man.

I'm a big fan of Ace seeds for regs, they been going for 15 years now and are producing some cracking strains... https://www.aceseeds.org/

FUnny enough, I had an email this morning about this new release... https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/new ... amfem.html and I got unfinished business with the NepJam dad. :rage: (these are fems but if people grab them they may release them as regs)

Good luck hunting though!

:oik!:

EDIT - Just to add Josh, my pal over on the east coast side up north a little bit of the US owes me a favour and we're looking into some packs to split between us.

He put me onto these sites . https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/ and https://www.jbcseeds.com/ He uses them and doesn;t go far wrong with the genetics he grows. :oik!:

I'm looking at some of Tony Green's beans. https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/tony ... red-beans/ but they sold out of the Pine Tar Gush. (Deep Chunk cross, but I found some heritage Deep chunk in the UK so all may not be lost. (another site for you... https://kwikseeds.com/product/x18-heirl ... bis-seeds/ )).
Thanks man!

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

underground originals, blues or disco biscuits. or if you like stinking strains, their #1, if you can find it in stock.
in fact make sure you got a new filter for any of their strains- they stink .
otherwise bodhis sunshine daydream if you can find it anywhere

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hey guys! Just wanted to add a few things to the original post that I forgot.

The reason for the regs seeds is because last year I gave my mom a bunch of different cuttings to grow outside, these were all from feminised seeds
One of them ended up going full hermie and fucked the whole harvest

Prbly a pound of seeded bud

I've heard that regs seeds are way less prone to this happening....

Is there any truth to this??

They've grown multiple years in the same spot, this has never happened before

Also, I'm looking for a quick finisher that produces above average yield.

She and her husband want a strain good for insomnia and muscle spasms/back pain

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Hermies are hot topic

The only real way besides lab test is stress test. If it's in the genetics there may just be a single factor that makes it express

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Marcus wrote:If it's outdoor then a grower in the area could have males out, pollen carries a long way on the winds. :idn:

I'd bubble hash the seeded plants though.

I just hashed an early chopped affy hash plant and boy does it make my eyes close and my body relax. :oik!: Bit of pressure behind the eyes but I get that with most hash.

I smoked a tester bud and farting hell, it was a real anxious mindbender.

Where you based Josh? Are you over the pond or am I thinking of someone else?

I'd be looking for a reliable clone or two if so. Something folks know doesn;t hermie... Unless you abuse it all sorts of wrong ways.
I'm in the us

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

if you are wanting to avoid hermies, go with some in bred lines. (IBL) or some strain which has been bred properly to say F5, or a reliable strain which has been around for a while
paradise seeds do a few.
nirvanas aurora indica or sweet seeds blackjack, would be another good bet for back pain or nerve pain. it knocks you out.
You are right to an extent on using regs to reduce the chance of hermies, but if the regs have been bred from unstable lines, they too will be prone to herm as much as feminised strains, as they will carry the genetic trait.

Return to “Cannabis Growing”