Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Cal/mag Is it really needed?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: Cal/mag Is it really needed?

Post by Captain Beefheart »

myself in my career ive never needed it tbh,my water background has a cf .1 ive grown using lots of different methods soil ,coco,nft,soiless........ even in my nans back garden + all i will say ive never needed it,infact im running a few 30 % perlite 70 % coco atm i see no issues. PRAISE THE LORD. HALLELUJAH :drama:

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

integrajosh wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:33 pm
That's true, but he's giving away free information when he could easily just say "hey, buy my soil. It'll fix all your problems"

I just really want to get as educated as possible on organic growing, looking to multiple sources for info, etc. Not bashing anybody that uses lime, to each their own

But if there's even a slight chance of an issue I wouldn't do it
Yeah completely dude, i think what i meant to say was more like use what you need to amend your soil. like for creating the texture or consistence you like. im shit at soil dont get me wrong. i think that dolomite lime is the standard suggestion as most people use B&Q verve so would likely all need the same amendment. a different soil or compost will need what you want to create the medium your after. what fits :)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

captain beefheart wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:11 pm
myself in my career ive never needed it tbh,my water background has a cf .1 ive grown using lots of different methods soil ,coco,nft,soiless........ even in my nans back garden + all i will say ive never needed it,infact im running a few 30 % perlite 70 % coco atm i see no issues. PRAISE THE LORD. HALLELUJAH :drama:
The water round here is so hard, you can crack your teeth on it.

IIRC LED lights can cause Cal Mag issues as the plants need more under them.

With coir, you don't need perlite at all, Beefy.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

GMO wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:33 pm
That's true, but he's giving away free information when he could easily just say "hey, buy my soil. It'll fix all your problems"

I just really want to get as educated as possible on organic growing, looking to multiple sources for info, etc. Not bashing anybody that uses lime, to each their own

But if there's even a slight chance of an issue I wouldn't do it
Yeah completely dude, i think what i meant to say was more like use what you need to amend your soil. like for creating the texture or consistence you like. im shit at soil dont get me wrong. i think that dolomite lime is the standard suggestion as most people use B&Q verve so would likely all need the same amendment. a different soil or compost will need what you want to create the medium your after. what fits :)
You're completely right bro, I guess as growers we're always looking for things to spoil the plants more.
Whatever work, works though

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
captain beefheart wrote:

Is this why my led causes purple stems? Same plants on the hps side no issues whatsoever

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

integrajosh wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:34 pm
Is this why my led causes purple stems? Same plants on the hps side no issues whatsoever
Possibly, mate. I remember reading (I think when we were on the other site) that plants need more under LED.
If that was referring to all LED, or just the blurple ones (that were mainly around then) I cannot tell.

The thing with Verve is that it's not consistent. I've used it for weed, tomatoes as well as chillies. EVERY time with tomatoes, I'll get blossom end rot with Verve. A good spray with cal-mag always fixes the issues.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Possibly, mate. I remember reading (I think when we were on the other site) that plants need more under LED.
If that was referring to all LED, or just the blurple ones (that were mainly around then) I cannot tell.

The thing with Verve is that it's not consistent. I've used it for weed, tomatoes as well as chillies. EVERY time with tomatoes, I'll get blossom end rot with Verve. A good spray with cal-mag always fixes the issues.
Confused on why everyone there uses verve, is it hard to get earthworm castings and peat moss? To build a soil basically.
And amend it how you please

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:33 pm
captain beefheart wrote:

aye aspie now how can i run soiless or as close to it as i want..........without perlite ? :laugh: shocking :bang head:
integrajosh wrote:
The Aspie Toker wrote:
captain beefheart wrote:

the purple stems are nothing to do with cal / mag under led !! ive got it now on all my cuttings in the drobe purple stems,imo its down to a cold root zone,as i will prove when my cuttings go in the chamber then to be warmed up by the HID then the red stems totally dissapear being fed the same feeds, a dope plant under led wont supp like 1 under HID .................... FACT :Stoned:

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

captain beefheart wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:44 pm
the purple stems are nothing to do with cal / mag under led !! ive got it now on all my cuttings in the drobe purple stems,imo its down to a cold root zone,as i will prove when my cuttings go in the chamber then to be warmed up by the HID then the red stems totally dissapear being fed the same feeds, a dope plant under led wont supp like 1 under HID .................... FACT :Stoned:
IIRC it can be because there's a lack of K (or P, I cannot remember which) but if there's a Cal-mag issue, then that could cause the lockout/def in the first place.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:50 pm
captain beefheart wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:44 pm
IIRC it can be because there's a lack of K (or P, I cannot remember which) but if there's a Cal-mag issue, then that could cause the lockout/def in the first place.
ive said all i can aspie ive never ever needed it + under led if the dopes being fed enough feed + stems are purple its cold root syndrome. :oik!:

Return to “Cannabis Growing”