Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Random Cannabis Facts

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Smokey

Re: Random Cannabis Facts

Post by Smokey »

Bulls wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 pm
Bob Marley was buried with his Bible, his guitar, and bud of marijuana

Scientists have found that a marijuana compound can freeze and stop the spread of some types of aggressive cancer.

Both Thomas Jefferson and George Washington grew hemp on their plantations. The British crown even ordered the colonists to grow the plant

In college, Barack Obama was a member of the “Choom Gang,” a group of boys who played basketball and smoked pot.

Since 2015, marijuana has become the fastest growing industry in the U.S. If marijuana becomes legal in all 50 states, the industry will become larger than the organic food market

The name marijuana comes from a Mexican slang term for cannabis and is believed to have derived from the Spanish pronunciation of the names Mary and Jane. (The two names were also common Mexican military slang for a prostitute or brothel.) Marijuana came into popularity as a name for cannabis in the U.S. during the late 1800s.

Cannabis seeds were used as a food source in China as early as 6000 B.C

The first recorded use of marijuana as a medicinal drug occurred in 2737 B.C. by Chinese emperor Shen Nung. The emperor documented the drug’s effectiveness in treating the pains of rheumatism and gout.

Paraguay is believed to be the world’s largest producer of marijuana

There is a difference between hemp and pot. While hemp plants are the same species as marijuana plants, they don’t produce the psychoactive ingredient (THC) that is in pot.

After Tupac Shakur’s murder, members of his music group mixed Tupac’s ashes with marijuana and smoked the concoction

Someone would have to smoke over 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to die of a lethal overdose. In other words, dying from a weed overdose is nearly impossible.
Very Very interesting mate especially the Bob Marley Fact i can more than understand why this would have been the case though, and the Paraguay bit really shocked me
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Cool lil section here

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Rates of obesity are 33% lower in cannabis users despite the fact that cannabis users eat 600 more calories each day.

Every hemp plant could save 12 trees

In 2014, the DEA took over 74 million joints from the US public

Today’s flower is 57-67% more potent than herb from the ’70s

Couples that smoke together are less likely to experience domestic violence

THC can stay in your system for longer than 27 days

The word “canvas” is related to the word “cannabis.” Historically, canvases were made of hemp.

Both Thomas Jefferson and George Washington grew hemp on their plantations. The British crown even ordered the colonists to grow the plant.

In college, Barack Obama was a member of the “Choom Gang,” a group of boys who played basketball and smoked pot.

Researchers discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana.(makes me wanna go home and mix them both)

The first two drafts of the United States Declaration of Independence were written on paper made from hemp

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

The three main types are indica, sativa and ruderalis, then you have hybreeds that are combinations of the above three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

If you Google Search Canna God your first result will come up as Bulls.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Bulls wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:06 am
is there such a thing bach................... ? :Stoned:

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

captain beefheart wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:15 am
Bulls wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:06 am
is there such a thing bach................... ? :Stoned:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: only just messing around Captain. Good smoke is making me laugh on my own shit like :lol:
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
MrNice (Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:38 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Did you know...
Ruderalis (autoflowering) is believed to originate from the Siberian region of the world where the high levels of white light caused plants to flower without the change of a light cycle.
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Beer & cannabis are COUSINS! Beers hops are in the same family of flowering plants as cannabis. We are family! I call for re-union of the family :lol:

Uruguay became, in 2013, the first country in the world to make it legal to grow,sell and consume cannabis. Go Uruguay!

Rastafarians are legally allowed to possess cannabis in Italy due to it being a sacrament to the religion. Jah Bless!

789 grams of 2,700-year- old cannabis were found in a Chinese tomb in 2008. Big party in the afterlife?

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

The first thing bought and sold online was a bag of weed.

It was a straight up drug deal, actually. In 1971, students at Stanford used Arpanet accounts at the university’s Artificial Intelligence Laboratory to engage in the world’s first e-commerce transaction.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
flip (Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:07 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”