Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Does anyone have experience with dehumidifiers?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Benjic93

Re: Does anyone have experience with dehumidifiers?

Post by Benjic93 »

Hmr81 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:33 pm
Yea I can imagine the landlord doesn't want you drilling into his concrete shed lol.
Probably wouldn't want me growing in there either :lol: but yeh. Not an easy fix when I move out. That's why I thought of going down the dehumidifier route. I just don't know how well they work with never using or owning one.
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Hmr81 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:59 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I’d be looking for a way to extract the air outside rather than go the dehumidifier route, must be away to get that humid air out surely
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:10 pm) • Benjic93 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:31 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Benjic93 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:36 pm
Hmr81 wrote:
Yea I can imagine the landlord doesn't want you drilling into his concrete shed lol.
Probably wouldn't want me growing in there either :lol: but yeh. Not an easy fix when I move out. That's why I thought of going down the dehumidifier route. I just don't know how well they work with never using or owning one.
I know Keeno has experience of out buildings and dehumidifiers, I think they can get expensive to run
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Benjic93 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:15 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

IMO wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:04 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:36 pm
Hmr81 wrote:
I know Keeno has experience of out buildings and dehumidifiers, I think they can get expensive to run
Yeh I'm sure they wouldn't be cheap. Rather pay abit extra then lose months of nurturing lol. Hps is already crippling me :lol: I've seen some eco friendly ones that run at about 200w. Couldn't imagine it would be on 24/7. I'd love to get a drill and make an extraction hole in the concrete wall but there's no way of making in inconspicuous so the landlord don't get Sus lol.

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

@Keeno hit me up when your on please man. Gimme some insight. Cheers

Mustang92

Post by Mustang92 »

could you remove landlords door and swap out with your own vented door , hopefully just door pins. no harm, no penalty kicks , win win

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Mustang92 wrote:could you remove landlords door and swap out with your own vented door , hopefully just door pins. no harm, no penalty kicks , win win
Don't know how much help this is?.. I originally planned that but a friend talked me out of it. Apparently its not as easy just buying a door and fitting it

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

ImageImage

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

I know it's not much help! Everyone hates this topic when I bring it up

But it's the damn tent that's making it so humid I switched to open grow style and just used two sided plaztic on the walls/windows. One side black, the other white

This way (if you have an aircon) you just recirculate the same air. And you just set an inline fan on top of your carbon filter to keep the stinkiness down

I've gone from losing a few big tops every grow to mold, to not needing a dehumidifier and not sesing mold ever again I'll honestly never go back to a tent, no matter how or where I grow. They're really just good for hanging lights to be honest

You could panda film those walls and put an aircon in the window (if you have windows) call it a day I have 70+ humidity in late flower, no dehumidifier and no issues. Just have to keep wind levels high

Just my opinion though

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:24 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:42 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Josh wrote:I know it's not much help! Everyone hates this topic when I bring it up

But it's the damn tent that's making it so humid I switched to open grow style and just used two sided plaztic on the walls/windows. One side black, the other white

This way (if you have an aircon) you just recirculate the same air. And you just set an inline fan on top of your carbon filter to keep the stinkiness down

I've gone from losing a few big tops every grow to mold, to not needing a dehumidifier and not sesing mold ever again I'll honestly never go back to a tent, no matter how or where I grow. They're really just good for hanging lights to be honest

You could panda film those walls and put an aircon in the window (if you have windows) call it a day I have 70+ humidity in late flower, no dehumidifier and no issues. Just have to keep wind levels high

Just my opinion though

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Man, that sounds so easy and simple. To be fair picturing it now in the shed would look sick and I wouldn't be stuck with a 3x3 tent.

What about extraction though? So in theory you have it sealed just circulating the same air due to an aircon unit? .. you extract the carbon filter out though?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Mustang92

Post by Mustang92 »

some doors are standard size and come frame & door and some doors are made to fit because they need to be and that would be pain in arse.

just guessing on @ Josh's awesome suggestion mate,

i'm guessing aircon is british for a/c window unit(dehumidifier is just a shite a/c unit). the air passing through a/c unit would drop in humidity plus your also drawing that same air that is already lower humidity, similar to how a recirculate button on car for colder air works. I don't see why you couldn't run exhaust fan with carb filter 24/7 and a/c unit on a humidity switch so it ain't on constantly.

It also looks like shed is on cement floor, most cement floors are like sponges for moisture. Concrete sweating usually occurs when warm air comes into contact with a cooler concrete slab and it causes the concrete floor to sweat. ... After a humid night, water vapor in the air will come into contact with the cooler concrete floor and will condense into morning dew or wet walls.
These users thanked the author Mustang92 for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:15 pm) • Josh (Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:01 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”