Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Does anyone have experience with dehumidifiers?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Benjic93

Does anyone have experience with dehumidifiers?

Post by Benjic93 »

Hey gromies, I'm on the hunt for a dehumidifier to place inside my shed that has my tent in there.
The shed itself is roughly 6/7 meters long and 2 meter width and height.

I have about 2/3 weeks on my grow so humidity is rising, especially with this UK weather.

I have a mini Pro breeze in the tent but I don't think it's making a dent. I think I need to put my hand in my pocket and buy a decent one for the shed.

I've been told it'd be ideal to place in the shed rather then the tent. I don't have room in the tent anyway.

Some mornings I'd go in my tent to find condensation on the concrete walls inside the shed. Humidity probably around 60% in the tent but can reach 70 or over. Drops to 55 when the heater kicks in.

So the question is.. how big would it need to be?
Would it actually make a difference?
Will it be worth spending £160+ ?

Thankyou!

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Does anyone have experience with dehumidifiers?

Post by Marcus »

I use one of these, https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/dc ... humidifier had it 6 maybe 7 years now. Been spot on.

I would recommend getting a bigger one that pulls more moisture from the air and setting the hose up to continually drip outside the shed.

Yes, the more you spend the better they are.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:14 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:26 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:07 pm
I use one of these, https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/dc ... humidifier had it 6 maybe 7 years now. Been spot on.

I would recommend getting a bigger one that pulls more moisture from the air and setting the hose up to continually drip outside the shed.

Yes, the more you spend the better they are.
Thanks mate, yeh I've been looking on appliancesdirect. Pay £10 and get it tomorrow... I was looking at the electriQ brand. 12L or the 20L. Air flow around 135 m3/hr to 150 m3/hr. I've never owned one so I didn't know if it would make a noticeable difference for such a price tag?

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

You do vent extraction to outside shed from your grow tent yes ? I just thought I'd ask. Also those RH readings are pretty standard stuff during night times with full grown plants in bloom unless your using summink like a dehumidifier to prevent and lower it. Myself i always crank up oscillating fans too when its climbing high just for that added air flow/exchange.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Benjic93 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:28 pm) • IMO (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:53 pm) • Treetrunk (Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:50 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:24 pm
You do vent extraction to outside shed from your grow tent yes ? I just thought I'd ask. Also those RH readings are pretty standard stuff during night times with full grown plants in bloom unless your using summink like a dehumidifier to prevent and lower it. Myself i always crank up oscillating fans too when its climbing high just for that added air flow/exchange.
Nah man not extracting outside, no vent holes in the shed :lol: so good question! Lol... I have the door open open most of the day though and close it before I go bed. Iknow it's not ideal but I've got this far so far lol..

So extracted air from the tent is just going into the shed. Iknow it's recycled air but everything seems OK for now except the humidity.. theres plenty of gaps along the door and top of the walls if that counts for anything lol
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post (total 2):
MommaB (Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:33 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:01 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:24 pm
I have also cranked up my hyperfan extraction fan and introduced a second oscillating fan for the floor and have 2 clip fans going
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:01 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

I had an issue with rh in my tent and shed. In the end I cut out a letter box size hole each end up high near the apex and put some vent covers on the outside to stop water and bugs getting in, then out my extraction pipe up to the one near the tent and it dropped my rh right back down to 50 or 6p % from 80 something.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:14 pm) • Benjic93 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:29 pm) • Greenfingers (Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:09 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Hmr81 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:01 pm
I had an issue with rh in my tent and shed. In the end I cut out a letter box size hole each end up high near the apex and put some vent covers on the outside to stop water and bugs getting in, then out my extraction pipe up to the one near the tent and it dropped my rh right back down to 50 or 6p % from 80 something.
Great idea for pennies and it`s done jobby. Good stuff Hmr.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Hmr81 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:19 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Hmr81 wrote:I had an issue with rh in my tent and shed. In the end I cut out a letter box size hole each end up high near the apex and put some vent covers on the outside to stop water and bugs getting in, then out my extraction pipe up to the one near the tent and it dropped my rh right back down to 50 or 6p % from 80 something.
Sounds good man. This is what I'm dealing with.. it's a rented property so I don't know if I can go making any holes or the landlord will beast me ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Yea I can imagine the landlord doesn't want you drilling into his concrete shed lol.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
Benjic93 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:34 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”