Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Defoling under canopy mid flower?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Benjic93

Defoling under canopy mid flower?

Post by Benjic93 »

35 days into flower and the tent is dense! Maybe 5 weeks or over to go.

I've got quite abit of growth under the canopy receiving no light. Iknow its to late to cut off budsites as I don't want to stress them too much. I'm thinking of just the leafs. There starting to become abit unhappy and droopy. Slightly discolouring. Humidity abit high so I thought maybe cutting away abit will help air movement.

What's your thought? Leave them be? Cut a few at a time?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Jayme Ream (Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:55 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Defoling under canopy mid flower?

Post by MrNice »

let them drop on there own bro wen she not want them she drop them
thats me tho......lol

i leave solar panels on till she gets rid of them but its upto you i dont knw jack
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Benjic93 (Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:04 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Cutting them out will clear room for air movement. Looking at your grow style it's similar to me, scrog but let them go for the stars ๐Ÿ˜‚. I find a noticeable difference in humidity drop after a heavy defol in flower.

As for the bud sites.... Take em off a Coul ple a day if you are sure they are not gojng to do anything lower down. Tbh I heavy defol around this exact time in flower and have never had a hermy due to it. If worried take a few leaves and bits off each feed. It will help your humidity.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Benjic93 (Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:06 pm) • Josh (Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:39 am) • 2-Scoops (Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:43 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

MrNice wrote:let them drop on there own bro wen she not want them she drop them
thats me tho......lol

i leave solar panels on till she gets rid of them but its upto you i dont knw jack
I get it man thanks for the input. Just wanted to speed up the process and make the girls look better but I get they need them.

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Keeno wrote:Cutting them out will clear room fit sir movement. Looking at your grow style it's similar to me, scrog but let them go for the stars . I find a noticeable difference in humidity drop after a heavy defol in flower.

As for the bud sites.... Take em off a Coul ple a day if you are sure they are not gojng to do anything lower down. Tbh I heavy defol around this exact time in flower and have never had a hermy due to it. If worried take a few leaves and bits off each feed. It will help your humidity.
I wasn't planning on taking any bud sites thinking they'd herm straight away being this late it flower. There's a few sites that's literally just a couple pistils I'd love to pull. I thought I missed my opportunity but if it also helps with humidity, these girls are getting a undercarriage hair cut!

Keeno (Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:15 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Benjic93 wrote: โ†‘
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 pm
Keeno wrote:Cutting them out will clear room fit sir movement. Looking at your grow style it's similar to me, scrog but let them go for the stars . I find a noticeable difference in humidity drop after a heavy defol in flower.

I wasn't planning on taking any bud sites thinking they'd herm straight away being this late it flower. There's a few sites that's literally just a couple pistils I'd love to pull. I thought I missed my opportunity but if it also helps with humidity, these girls are getting a undercarriage hair cut!

I used to grow in a garage, venting into same area, humidity was a endless battle. A good hair cut always made life a bit easier. Also do you have anything under the net moving air? This will also help.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Benjic93 (Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:20 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Keeno wrote:

I used to grow in a garage, venting into same area, humidity was a endless battle. A good hair cut always made life a bit easier. Also do you have anything under the net moving air? This will also help.
Exactly what I need to hear man thankyou! Someone that had the same style/issues! Yes, I have a honeywell fan on the floor at the back and went to argos yesterday and bought a oscillating fan for the floor also and it's angled slightly up hitting the whole underneath overkill but there's plenty of air moving around. Just need to thin it out.

Keeno (Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:31 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:25 pm
Keeno wrote:

Exactly what I need to hear man thankyou! Someone that had the same style/issues! Yes, I have a honeywell fan on the floor at the back and went to argos yesterday and bought a oscillating fan for the floor also and it's angled slightly up hitting the whole underneath overkill but there's plenty of air moving around. Just need to thin it out.

High rh is a pain but good air movement like you have will help massively. In late summer I was at 70% rh lights on do higher lights off. With decent air movement I didn't get rot like the first summer I was growing there. So you doing all you can and it will help.
Benjic93 (Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:36 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Keeno wrote:
Keeno wrote: I used to grow in a garage, venting into same area, humidity was a endless battle. A good hair cut always made life a bit easier. Also do you have anything under the net moving air? This will also help.

High rh is a pain but good air movement like you have will help massively. In late summer I was at 70% rh lights on do higher lights off. With decent air movement I didn't get rot like the first summer I was growing there. So you doing all you can and it will help.
Mine peaks at 70% for a day after watering but averages at 55/60%. Hopefully I'll avoid the rot and give the girls a trim down tomorrow. Thankyou man would send a pic of the undercarriage but you can't see shit due fans and a radiator ImageImage

Josh (Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:40 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:40 pm
Keeno wrote:

Mine peaks at 70% for a day after watering but averages at 55/60%. Hopefully I'll avoid the rot and give the girls a trim down tomorrow. Thankyou man would send a pic of the undercarriage but you can't see shit due fans and a radiator ImageImage

Felt pots, pipe cleaners, like looking at my under canopy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm sure at them numbers you will be fine.
Benjic93 (Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:08 am)

Return to โ€œCannabis Growingโ€