Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Defoling under canopy mid flower?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Benjic93

Re: Defoling under canopy mid flower?

Post by Benjic93 »

Keeno wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:40 pm
Keeno wrote: High rh is a pain but good air movement like you have will help massively. In late summer I was at 70% rh lights on do higher lights off. With decent air movement I didn't get rot like the first summer I was growing there. So you doing all you can and it will help.
Mine peaks at 70% for a day after watering but averages at 55/60%. Hopefully I'll avoid the rot and give the girls a trim down tomorrow. Thankyou man would send a pic of the undercarriage but you can't see shit due fans and a radiator ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Felt pots, pipe cleaners, like looking at my under canopy

I'm sure at them numbers you will be fine.
Standard. Thankyou mate. Definitely need a defol though. Didnt realise how much until I took those pics.

These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Keeno (Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:30 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I do it around 2 to 3 weeks in and if i do it again i do it around 6 weeks in, i firstly remove bottom 3rd of plants leafage and a shed load of wanky stems, then again at 7 weeks i remove lots of big fan leaves if needs be, that said ive been a bit lazy of late and not really done it at 7 weeks into bloom for a grow or two, i can`t get in dinky little room to do it rightly when plants are in full bloom so ive just let them be in their tbh.

I did this lollipopping today at 12 days into bloom

Before

After

Iff your gonna do it don`t sweat on it too much, i`m a firm believer you can remove up to a 3rd of plant in one go without slowing down growth or shocking plant too much. I mean as you can see ive removed shit loads prolly more than a 3rd, guarenteed they won`t stop stretching like mad-ens and come 3 weeks into bloom it`ll be rammed in that room again. :Stoned:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 pm) • Benjic93 (Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:50 pm) • Wrh (Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:07 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:I do it around 2 to 3 weeks in and if i do it again i do it around 6 weeks in, i firstly remove bottom 3rd of plants leafage and a shed load of wanky stems, then again at 7 weeks i remove lots of big fan leaves if needs be, that said ive been a bit lazy of late and not really done it at 7 weeks into bloom for a grow or two, i can`t get in dinky little room to do it rightly when plants are in full bloom so ive just let them be in their tbh.

Before

After

Iff your gonna do it don`t sweat on it too much, i`m a firm believer you can remove up to a 3rd of plant in one go without slowing down growth or shocking plant too much. I mean as you can see ive removed shit loads prolly more than a 3rd, guarenteed they won`t stop stretching like mad-ens and come 3 weeks into bloom it`ll be rammed in that room again. :Stoned:
Thanks man, these girls are about to hit 5th week of flower so I didn't know if it's really a crucial stage to leave them be. I'm gunna tidy up underneath a little bit today I think. Didn't know it was safe to snip stems also. There's a few that will amount to nothing.

So much controversy about it. Apparently do it too much and the buds can become leafy? Fuck knows. I'll do abit today and leave it a week maybe.

2-Scoops (Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:44 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Benjic93 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:53 pm
2-Scoops wrote:I do it around 2 to 3 weeks in and if i do it again i do it around 6 weeks in, i firstly remove bottom 3rd of plants leafage and a shed load of wanky stems, then again at 7 weeks i remove lots of big fan leaves if needs be, that said ive been a bit lazy of late and not really done it at 7 weeks into bloom for a grow or two, i can`t get in dinky little room to do it rightly when plants are in full bloom so ive just let them be in their tbh.

Before

After

Thanks man, these girls are about to hit 5th week of flower so I didn't know if it's really a crucial stage to leave them be. I'm gunna tidy up underneath a little bit today I think. Didn't know it was safe to snip stems also. There's a few that will amount to nothing.

So much controversy about it. Apparently do it too much and the buds can become leafy? Fuck knows. I'll do abit today and leave it a week maybe.

Fuck knows about leafy buds, but the smaller leaves will always grow bigger to replace removed leaves. I think plant actually stops producing larger fan leaves after a certain point/time on bloom, i forgot to be exact and im not 100% on that bit all, but yes smaller leaves will obviously defo grow bigger to compensate. Tbh i never did anything except lollipop plants around 2 to 3 weeks in for years its only past few years ive done it mid grow every once in a while on leafy plants. Never had a full blown hermie in 20 years although i found odd seed in a gg#4 once which i know is genetics with gg#4, basically what im saying is don`t worry about it too much thinking plant will hermie, im not saying stress can`t cause hermie but im more its bad genestics 9/10 personally speaking, man i abuse my plants summink chronic, they love it.. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Wrh (Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:16 pm) • Keeno (Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:19 pm) • Benjic93 (Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:21 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Took a few of these off on each plant, and a handful of leafs. Gunna do some abit more next week. Shit is dense under the canopy. Learnt for next time.Image

Wrh (Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:02 am)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Benjic93 wrote:Took a few of these off on each plant, and a handful of leafs. Gunna do some abit more next week. Shit is dense under the canopy. Learnt for next time.Image

These were receiving no light. They were really flimsy and would of amounted to nothing

Keeno (Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:14 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Benjic93 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 pm
Benjic93 wrote:Took a few of these off on each plant, and a handful of leafs. Gunna do some abit more next week. Shit is dense under the canopy. Learnt for next time.Image

These were receiving no light. They were really flimsy and would of amounted to nothing

Little tip @Benjic93. Try door bits like that but earlier in flower if possible, you never know when you got that special plant till its harvested and cured. To late then to save it. I try keep 1 off every plant I grow.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:25 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:46 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Keeno wrote:
Benjic93 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 pm

Little tip [mention]Benjic93[/mention]. Try door bits like that but earlier in flower if possible, you never know when you got that special plant till its harvested and cured. To late then to save it. I try keep 1 off every plant I grow.
Yeh iknow I should of done this earlier. Bloody pain getting in that tent now. Unfortunately I don't have the room to keep cuttings. Will have to get a little nursery for future grows. I would be devastated if my big girl turns in to 1 in a million

Keeno (Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:35 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”