Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

no trichomes after 76 days auto,wtf??

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Zipp

Re: no trichomes after 76 days auto,wtf??

Post by Zipp »

hi Duke hope your well mukka ... she just looks like a few weeks to go yet but if worried flush

and start affresh also they'll like a carb boost something sugery lol work every time :pass:
These users thanked the author Zipp for the post:
duke (Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Point 5 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:31 pm
Confused completely. Sounds like a standard run!
hi thats what i see,mystery!
Chad.Westport wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:41 pm
I can't believe I'm blanking this, but nutrition that is out of line can cause the shiny, waxy look to leaves. I'm going to have to look in my book to refresh the brain. I wonder if the same imbalance is effecting secondary metabolite production aka trichomes.

I've also recently run a couple autos that had the least amount of trichomes I have seen in nearly 20 years, so it could be genetics as well.
hi chad its first time ive seen such a dry look to any weed plant,feeds same as the others that did ok till budrot,cheers for your input,more to think about!
2Acres wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:05 pm
Those leaf edges dont look like typical heat stress either. Tis a strange one indeed duke. Maybe try throwing some UV at it and see if it kick starts anything. I know that when they breed autos every so often one seed will need 12/12 before it will flower.
hi 2acres shes not been hot enough really for it to curl so much,atleast my photoperiods go much closer to the light and dont complain!cheers
Momma bear wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:42 pm
I’ve had a auto that put out very little on the leaves but the bud had some. Ended up being decent ish smoke
hi momma bear i am patient atleast when ive got a smoke now i can wait and hope it kicks out some last ditch trichomes!thanks
MrNice wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:47 pm
Autos bloody suck last one took 105 days to finish
hi mrnice i can beat that positronics auto afghan express took 110 days to show a single amber trich,not worth the wait tbh thats nearly 2 full flowering periods for my tangerine dream photoperiod from clone!cheers im glad to hear im not the only one to have oddballs :naughty: :oops: :roll eyes:
Captain Beefheart wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:51 pm
duke i had 4 autos 96 days in and they didnt even flower.......that ended my relationship with the fuking things i now only grow regs. :oik!: id kill it + feed it to the sheep see. :idn:
dont tempt me capt!i shall be sticking with photos indoors but the veg cab had a empty space see for too long and i just had to fill it with something!mon the sheep! :rock:
Zipp wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:57 pm
hi Duke hope your well mukka ... she just looks like a few weeks to go yet but if worried flush

and start affresh also they'll like a carb boost something sugery lol work every time :pass:
hi zipp cheers for having a look,i shall give the bugger another 10 days that be 89 days since germing,might beat my 110 days yet!peace :wtf:
the 2 autos from the sunroom i found budrot on are both chopped and in the dehydrator for an oil run soon all bar about a quarter of the top bud was savable rest went in incinerator tonight,kept 4 nice rot free nugs for me for later consumption and purely for quality control see the stuff needs thoutough testing,make sure its safe for consumption see!peace all :puff puff:
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:21 pm) • Zipp (Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:06 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

duke wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:54 pm
Point 5 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:01 pm
Tjays a bit random. It's as if they don't want to mature and fatten up.

Sorry no ideas to bring to party on this.
its odd alright i looked the info up on barneys and they say its sticky as feck and takes 70 days ,is that really meant to be a fact or do you have to add 2 weeks atleast like a photoperiod? if thats the case it should be finished and as you can see its a long way of,why do i get the oddball autos all the time! :bang head:
glad ive got reliable photoperiods in bloom as well thats for sure,thanks for reply,heres link to strain info
https://www.barneysfarm.com/zkittlez-og-auto-472
Welcome to pauls club of shitty autos lmfao I have had 3 that haven’t even started flowering in the past 6 months , doing my head in . Starting to think the dark side of photos may be the answer through the warmer weather lol

Paul
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post:
duke (Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:09 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

duke wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:04 pm
hi all i got this strange thing ive never seen before i have a barneys farm zskittles og auto 76 days from seed and now a bigish size but theres zero visible sign of a trichome and even the foliage feels dry and not a trace of sticky,it has only very slight odour even if you rub the foliage or bud you can barely smell it! i shall try get some close up pics so you can see my surprise and concern i maybe wasting my valuable small space invain and end up short and straight!
as anyone had this with autos? i have only grown maybe a dozen autos as opposed to many hundreds of photoperiod grows and ive seen some odd ones,but this?]anyone?ps
feed dutch pro bloom 1-1.2 ec ph varied 5.6-6.2
temps 20-28c rh average 55%
lighting 250w hps 24=7
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thanks for looking ,peace
I had this with my last grow. It was if it got to around 3 weeks of flower, then stopped. I kept it going for as long as I could - approx 2 months more, and still no change. I had to take the tent down otherwise I would have continued, but doubt anything would have changed.

I dried it, but got mould and had to dump the lot.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
duke (Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:09 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Paul_led wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:53 pm
duke wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:54 pm
Point 5 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:01 pm
Tjays a bit random. It's as if they don't want to mature and fatten up.

Sorry no ideas to bring to party on this.
its odd alright i looked the info up on barneys and they say its sticky as feck and takes 70 days ,is that really meant to be a fact or do you have to add 2 weeks atleast like a photoperiod? if thats the case it should be finished and as you can see its a long way of,why do i get the oddball autos all the time! :bang head:
glad ive got reliable photoperiods in bloom as well thats for sure,thanks for reply,heres link to strain info
https://www.barneysfarm.com/zkittlez-og-auto-472
Welcome to pauls club of shitty autos lmfao I have had 3 that haven’t even started flowering in the past 6 months , doing my head in . Starting to think the dark side of photos may be the answer through the warmer weather lol

Paul
hi paul atleast i remember you did rather well once you got them on 12-12,i think the 0.9% random chance thing is bollocks!im sure thats what i read was the odds of an auto being non auto flowering ,you have had a few ive had atleast 3 now that did not do it till light hours reduced even outdoors and would have been about 7 ft tall before i see a pistil!not much good for stealth aye?
i shall be sticking with known photoperiods for a while trying to play catch up as all these partial failier autos reduce my ability to keep the oil supply going for my tina and friends and still have a smoke for me!
have you tried our zenarcher cindy jock autos?they are the best ive grown reliable and stay quite small height but wide and very potent for an auto,i can send you some seeds if you like i have a little stash put aside?pm me addy if you want,cheers and good luck :Stoned:

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:02 pm
duke wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:04 pm
hi all i got this strange thing ive never seen before i have a barneys farm zskittles og auto 76 days from seed and now a bigish size but theres zero visible sign of a trichome and even the foliage feels dry and not a trace of sticky,it has only very slight odour even if you rub the foliage or bud you can barely smell it! i shall try get some close up pics so you can see my surprise and concern i maybe wasting my valuable small space invain and end up short and straight!
as anyone had this with autos? i have only grown maybe a dozen autos as opposed to many hundreds of photoperiod grows and ive seen some odd ones,but this?]anyone?ps
feed dutch pro bloom 1-1.2 ec ph varied 5.6-6.2
temps 20-28c rh average 55%
lighting 250w hps 24=7
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thanks for looking ,peace
I had this with my last grow. It was if it got to around 3 weeks of flower, then stopped. I kept it going for as long as I could - approx 2 months more, and still no change. I had to take the tent down otherwise I would have continued, but doubt anything would have changed.

I dried it, but got mould and had to dump the lot.
o that sucks!nothing worse than having to admit defeat,i recently had a dinafem og kush run looking to find a particular phenotype known as the floor polish pheno and only seems to come up rarely and only had a 5 pack of fems,4 came out deformed twisted and had 3 cotelydons grew for about a month and then seemed to stop dead in there tracks yet still green like zombies! kept trying for a month or more before i gave up and binned it,zombie weed sucks.peace :bang head:
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 pm)

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

Sent ya an inbox mate
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post:
duke (Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”