Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Flushing with Vimto

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Treetrunk
Respected Member

Flushing with Vimto

Post by Treetrunk »

This is the daftest thing I've ever heard :lol:
I was talking to a mate of our lads. So obviously he knows everything :lol:
He grows for profit and when he flushes his plants he does one week with Vimto and then a week with water.
He reckons it brings punters from far and wide :idn:
I think I'll stick with water.
For those who are wondering it has to be full fat Vimto.
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
flip (Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:17 pm) • Guest (Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:25 pm)

Re: Flushing with Vimto

Post by Guest »

Treetrunk wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:12 pm
He grows for profit and when he flushes his plants he does one week with Vimto and then a week with water.
I love my vimto but I am on a diet so no full fat for me :lol:

I wouldn't want to give my plant or soil/microbiome vimto! F that :suicide:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Treetrunk (Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:32 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Interesting but I think I'll keep the vimto for myself.. .
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:32 pm) • Guest (Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:17 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I suppose what with it being full of simplist form of carbohydrates (sugars) it could be worse. I used to use dextrose the stuff what bodybuilders use and water solution as a carb boost once weekly through-out my grows in bloom and also for last few weeks constantly which again is using simplist form of carbohydrates as carb boost and to help plants through in those final weeks when ferts are a cut off. It would make a better carb boost last few weeks when you cut off ferts than using summink like molasses which i would think will do zero to nothing in thoselast 2 weeks as a boost to help plant along, what with it being more of a complex carb and their not being very much growing time left on plants. You know cus in theory complex carbs need to be broken down firstly before plant can uptake them where as simple carbs are available straight away from the off, well on paper anyhow.

In short i can`t see it doing anything to help flush plants out in those final stages, water is your friend their, but i could possibly see benefits used as an instant carb boost like red-bull i suppose or any other drink that doesn`t contain any nasties which are full of simple carbs and also as a possibly flavour enhancer if it contains another simple sugar/carb called fructose which i here is one to help out with that sweetness on taste front, although i`m far from convinced on that last bit their though. Tbh im far from convinced on all that i said cus man it`s hard for plants to uptake sugars full stop through rootage although i`m pretty sure they can all be it in a very minimal amount. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:34 pm) • Guest (Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:17 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Post by Guest »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:26 pm
I suppose what with it being full of simplist form of carbohydrates (sugars) it could be worse. I used to use dextrose the stuff what bodybuilders use and water solution as a carb boost once weekly through-out my grows in bloom and also for last few weeks constantly which again is using simplist form of carbohydrates as carb boost and to help plants through in those final weeks when ferts are a cut off. It would make a better carb boost last few weeks when you cut off ferts than using summink like molasses which i would think will do zero to nothing in thoselast 2 weeks as a boost to help plant along, what with it being more of a complex carb and their not being very much growing time left on plants. You know cus in theory complex carbs need to be broken down firstly before plant can uptake them where as simple carbs are available straight away from the off, well on paper anyhow.

In short i can`t see it doing anything to help flush plants out in those final stages, water is your friend their, but i could possibly see benefits used as an instant carb boost like red-bull i suppose or any other drink that doesn`t contain any nasties which are full of simple carbs and also as a possibly flavour enhancer if it contains another simple sugar/carb called fructose which i here is one to help out with that sweetness on taste front, although i`m far from convinced on that last bit their though. Tbh im far from convinced on all that i said cus man it`s hard for plants to uptake sugars full stop through rootage although i`m pretty sure they can all be it in a very minimal amount. 8-)
I like to use mollasses. It's also good more macro and micro nutes although but not all of them. I have heard people watering in with honey for the last weeks too.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Treetrunk (Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 am)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Could some of the Vimeo taste make it into the final product?
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Treetrunk (Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:10 am)

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Treetrunk wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:12 pm
This is the best thing I’ve read today so far 😂😂😂😂.
But makes me think is there a Vimto stain around, if there is there needs to be. Sorry far to awake and baked, for this time of morning.
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post:
Treetrunk (Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:10 am)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

IMO wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:28 am
He says so. I know a few people who've used Canna flush and reckon it makes everything taste of lemon.
I'll definitely stick with water :barmy:
Then again I wonder what Bovril flushing would taste like?? :lol:
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
FX (Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:45 am) • Guest (Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:49 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am
2-Scoops wrote:

I like to use mollasses. It's also good more macro and micro nutes although but not all of them. I have heard people watering in with honey for the last weeks too.
Mollasses is great used through out your grow, maybe once weekly or 2 weekly for reasons you mentioned, but last few weeks its not gonna do as much as a simple sugar which as said in theory should give plants an instant carb boost
IMO wrote:
Nah man tbh i don`t think sugars effect taste one bit and ive read before its a bit debatable if plant can uptake sugars through roots it defo can`t uptake certain complex sugars like mollasses or honey without them being broke down firstly which can take weeks n weeks and then its only very small amounts that can be taken up by plant whether its a a simple sugar or complex one that`s been broke down a bit firstly, well so i read anyhow.

Reason i used Dextrose as a carb boost it was cheap as fuck for a sack full and its the simplist carb of the lot and it was main ingredient in carboload by Advanced Ferts along with lots of other simple sugars and i think odd complex sugar, but that`s all carboload is lots of different sugars slung in a bottle and watered down or sugar water or why don`t we say a bottle of coke, redbull or vimto hey...:lol: :lol:

In short simple sugars like dextrose/glucose can make an instant carb boost and even using summink like white table sugar which is fructose and dextrose combined and close as dam it to a simple sugar should work as a carb boost jobby, where as complex sugars/carbs help feed microbes and have other goodies in them to help plant out.

Sugars certainly do fuck all to help flush plant out. :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Guest (Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 pm)

Post by Guest »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:31 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am
2-Scoops wrote:

Mollasses is great used through out your grow, maybe once weekly or 2 weekly for reasons you mentioned, but last few weeks its not gonna do as much as a simple sugar which as said in theory should give plants an instant carb boost
IMO wrote:
Nah man tbh i don`t think sugars effect taste one bit and ive read before its a bit debatable if plant can uptake sugars through roots it defo can`t uptake certain complex sugars like mollasses or honey without them being broke down firstly which can take weeks n weeks and then its only very small amounts that can be taken up by plant whether its a a simple sugar or complex one that`s been broke down a bit firstly, well so i read anyhow.

Reason i used Dextrose as a carb boost it was cheap as fuck for a sack full and its the simplist carb of the lot and it was main ingredient in carboload by Advanced Ferts along with lots of other simple sugars and i think odd complex sugar, but that`s all carboload is lots of different sugars slung in a bottle and watered down or sugar water or why don`t we say a bottle of coke, redbull or vimto hey...:lol: :lol:

In short simple sugars like dextrose/glucose can make an instant carb boost and even using summink like white table sugar which is fructose and dextrose combined and close as dam it to a simple sugar should work as a carb boost jobby, where as complex sugars/carbs help feed microbes and have other goodies in them to help plant out.

Sugars certainly do fuck all to help flush plant out. :lol: :lol:
I think the mollasses flush may have come from the theory that you are feeding the microbial life to keep it going until the next grow. If you're in soil it can be very effective at keeping the soil microbiology going. When you chop the plant their job has been taken away, so giving them something to keep them alive until a new seedling is ready.

......acting as a secondary metabolite basically

Return to “Cannabis Growing”